Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,892 of 14,627
personally, i don't think the 009 needs a bhse (it being voiced for the 007mk1 cans) nor a high-end diy amp to sound 'best'. i've heard it thru a lowly,
relatively speaking of course, srm-007tll and it sounded fantastic. even a woo ges makes the 009 sound great imo. but head-fi being what it is, a grounds
for the connoisseur and obsessive- compulsive who must have the newest and highest priced offering to be sated, some folks look down with disdain and
even contempt at these amps...

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,893 of 14,627
I heard  Tyll Hertsens once said : '' I think all headphones should be priced under 500 $....and Sony can make high end headphones for that price ''

price for HE 1000 should not be above 2000 $ .

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #1,894 of 14,627
  I heard  Tyll Hertsens once said : '' I think all headphones should be priced under 500 $....and Sony can make high end headphones for that price ''

+1
$2000 looks like already a very high price limit for high-end headphones for many people.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,895 of 14,627

If Sony wasn't in the schitter I think they could pull it off.
I wouldn't be surprise so see a new Chinese company coming along and making it happen instead.

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,897 of 14,627

If Sony wasn't in the schitter I think they could pull it off.
I wouldn't be surprise so see a new Chinese company coming along and making it happen instead.

oppo pm-3?

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,898 of 14,627
  personally, i don't think the 009 needs a bhse (it being voiced for the 007mk1 cans) nor a high-end diy amp to sound 'best'. i've heard it thru a lowly,
relatively speaking of course, srm-007tll and it sounded fantastic. even a woo ges makes the 009 sound great imo. but head-fi being what it is, a grounds
for the connoisseur and obsessive- compulsive who must have the newest and highest priced offering to be sated, some folks look down with disdain and
even contempt at these amps...

Actually, (and I've mentioned it here a few times, so I don't want to take up much space), my 009 is powered by the little 007t/ii amp (w/upgraded RCA cleartop tubes) and sounds sweet as sugar at even high volume levels, with ample bass also, and that amazing Stax speed that no other headphone can duplicate from the ones I heard and own. 
Since this is the Hifiman thread, I'm also a big fan of the 500 and 560 (I have both) for their overall musicality over long sessions. But I just don't think magplanars can do the Stax thing (maybe the 1000 will...).

Mar 11, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,901 of 14,627

yes, i'm thinking the exact same thing. with the yen losing ground on the dollar continuously, thanks to japan's monetary easing policy and improving economy in the usa,
it wouldn't be a shock to see the 009 being sold at $2700+ later in the year.

I think you might be surprised when the bubble bursts :D.

Mar 11, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,903 of 14,627

What bubble might that be?

e.g. the sub prime car loans bubble ...?
In 2008/09 it was the sub prime mortgage bubble. I'm not sure about the total value this time, it might be much lower by absolute value but technically the exact same thing. Consumers who can't really afford to buy something (now: new car) will get pushed into a credit by a banker who earns commission on that loan independently from the fact that the loan will never be paid back in full. And derivatives package these loans into further securities that leverage the "value".

I guess it is high time for some credible information to emerge from HiFiMan, otherwise this will be the most off off topic thread ever
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #1,904 of 14,627
Hopefully we won't have to go through something similar to the last six years again so soon. If we do, I make a prediction now for the next sub-prime bubble... loans to households that can't afford these ridiculously higher and higher priced headphones, dacs, amps, and not to be forgotten, accessories!

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,905 of 14,627
icebear said:
I guess it is high time for some credible information to emerge from HiFiMan, otherwise this will be the most off off topic thread ever :D

patience grasshopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back