Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 31, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,186 of 14,626
http://www.head-fi.org/t/736200/woo-audio-wa-8
Here's something for you to check out silent frequency. It sounds great

Thanks! :)

And it looks great too with its tubes on show and noticed that it can totally drive my hd800's too from members comments.

I'm not even going to ask its price as Im still saving for either the pm3 or the el8 headphones right now and I just could not dare ask my dad to help me out as he kind of gifted me my hd800's not that long ago, so it's all down to me now, not that that's a bad thing of course as I'm a responsible person.

But yeah, I really think that at some point I will look into the whole tube experience as I've read they can give their own blend of sound (warmth maybe) to audio and I'm not even kidding when I say I love the whole mini baby tube look, they look so cute and cool together :)

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #1,188 of 14,626

Just  picked this up and have it  for a preview. i will be posting on this and  any one in Philly area is welcome to stop over.

Oh damn, the hypes. 
eek.gif

Is this prototype unit the early glossy chromed finish, or is it a satin finish around the arms of the yoke?

Looks like it'll be a very interesting Sunday evening for ya.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,193 of 14,626
  I am thinking that the finished amp and headphone will be better as well. I was told they will be better too. The Liquid Gold is here for comparison. The Viva presently is not.

How will we know that they are better if all of the testing is done at the moment?!

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,194 of 14,626
I am thinking that the finished amp and headphone will be better as well. I was told they will be better too. The Liquid Gold is here for comparison. The Viva presently is not.
When the HE-6 hit the market, no one knew the demands or the capabilities of this thing so even professional evaluations missed the mark. This review/test/audition will be driven with the amp designed for it.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,197 of 14,626
I am using two amps right now with it right now the EF 1000 amp and also the Cavalli Liquid Gold which sounds fantastic with it and  drive it easily. I have to say in NY Fang plugged into his new portable amp/player and it worked so its more more efficient than the he6. I also going to try it with the Hugo and use the AK240 as the server tomorrow. Stereo Exchange was using the EF1000 and a Macintosh amplifier to drive it. I also have the Burson virtuosa conductor coming so it will get a good run through of different amps.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,200 of 14,626
When the HE-6 hit the market, no one knew the demands or the capabilities of this thing so even professional evaluations missed the mark. This review/test/audition will be driven with the amp designed for it.

I am using different amps for my preview to give people a heads up but this is not as difficult to drive as the HE6 was. i was involved with the early prototypes of the hE6 as well. This does not need  a speaker amp to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back