Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 2, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,216 of 14,653

Have you heard the Dark Star with the HE-6 before?  If not I suggest you do.  If you can't, the next best thing to do is read the entire Dark Star tread..  I've heard two different ones...

Nope - just know that it packs the juice to make it sing (as does the WA5).

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,218 of 14,653

Not enough "omg wow" type reviews, all of the reviews that I've seen are mostly "So the soundstage is not as wide as HD800, but more realistic" and "bass is hitting hard, any more than that it will be too much"

I can see some photos people make a happy face, but the question is if at the end of the day, if these headphones can play with the really big boys! (Stax as an example)

Not enough "omg wow" type reviews, all of the reviews that I've seen are mostly "So the soundstage is not as wide as HD800, but more realistic" and "bass is hitting hard, any more than that it will be too much"

I can see some photos people make a happy face, but the question is if at the end of the day, if these headphones can play with the really big boys! (Stax as an example)

I think these  can play in that field.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #1,219 of 14,653

I actually think these impressions are way more useful than the hype stuff. It's not even close.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,221 of 14,653

Have you heard the Dark Star with the HE-6 before?  If not I suggest you do.  If you can't, the next best thing to do is read the entire Dark Star tread..  I've heard two different ones...

The Darkstar can power a semi truck...believe me, I own one (and it drove the HE-6s amazingly well. The darkstar is licking its chops waiting for the HE-1000.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,224 of 14,653
Any ETA on a review or feedback here, Frank?

I think we've established quite few good first imressions already

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #1,225 of 14,653
I think we've established quite few good first imressions already

In a comparative A/B sense?

From what I've seen - and I'm the first to say that I may have missed some key info in this thread - it's been standalone: nice this/that. No statements about it beating, or not, its direct competitors.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,228 of 14,653
  I will start with some more detailed impressions this week and a full writeup early next month. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks Frank!

Have you auditioned the Abyss, and if so, how do they compare (briefly) :¬)

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #1,229 of 14,653

Thanks Frank!

Have you auditioned the Abyss, and if so, how do they compare (briefly) :¬)

I will be reviewing the abyss Light shortly and it is still burning in.  I think that each  are strong in different areas. and will appeal to different  types of buyers.   

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,230 of 14,653
  How could you describe the 3d openness of the HE-1000 with respect to an optimally-driven HE-6 Frank?

In your signature, is Egoista not Egolista. :)

The 3D  stage  of this is quite different than the hE6. The HE1000 has front to back depth within the stage. The width on sides also feels like it is out of my head while listening. The biggest difference is transparency. The HE1000 is really stat like but better because of deep bass extension. The headphone disappears and feels like its out of me head. I am not distracted with long session and comfort is in another league

Users who are viewing this thread

Back