Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,201 of 14,653
  ... This does not need  a speaker amp to drive it.

Neither does the HE6. There are some headphone amps out there that drive the HE6 very well. Not a huge number, but they exist.

WA5 via the K1K port and the Ray Samuels Dark Star are two that I know of. If only the reviewers would use one of them when evaluating the HE6, instead of inadequately juiced amps - like the Apex Pinnacle *cough* Tyll *cough*.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #1,206 of 14,653
  they  working on more improvements to both the headphone and amp. i was told that in NY when I went there with Fang and spent a day there with him.

No, I meant, how do we know that they really are going to implement these said "improvements" if all of the testing (and previewing/reviewing) are done before they are implementing them?

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,207 of 14,653

No, I meant, how do we know that they really are going to implement these said "improvements" if all of the testing (and previewing/reviewing) are done before they are implementing them?

Even if they did nothing to improve this it is ready fro prime time in my opinion as is. It is one helluva headphone.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,209 of 14,653
Sarcasm or true question?

Neither.  It`s a rhetorical question; I was giving my opinion that the 560 is suprisingly hard to drive despite its sensitivity.  Not as hard as the HE-6, but harder than one would expect, given its 90db rating.  

d

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #1,213 of 14,653
  I will run this headphone  through a lot of different amplifiers while it is here and let everyone know what I  use in the review. I amalso goingn to try the Hugo tomorrow. 

Looking forward to your findings. Subbed! 

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,214 of 14,653
   Even if they did nothing to improve this it is ready fro prime time in my opinion as is. It is one helluva headphone.

Not enough "omg wow" type reviews, all of the reviews that I've seen are mostly "So the soundstage is not as wide as HD800, but more realistic" and "bass is hitting hard, any more than that it will be too much"

I can see some photos people make a happy face, but the question is if at the end of the day, if these headphones can play with the really big boys! (Stax as an example)

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,215 of 14,653

Neither does the HE6. There are some headphone amps out there that drive the HE6 very well. Not a huge number, but they exist.

WA5 via the K1K port and the Ray Samuels Dark Star are two that I know of. If only the reviewers would use one of them when evaluating the HE6, instead of inadequately juiced amps - like the Apex Pinnacle *cough* Tyll *cough*.

Have you heard the Dark Star with the HE-6 before?  If not I suggest you do.  If you can't, the next best thing to do is read the entire Dark Star tread..  I've heard two different ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back