Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 27, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #1,126 of 14,702

There's a thread for that: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719100/moon-n-o-430ha-reference-headphone-amplifier

Thanks man, much appreciated!

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,127 of 14,702
Well, it's a experimental model at present so unfinished but they should totally have different interchangeable headbands IMO for more appeal
smily_headphones1.gif

Hifiman will not have interchangeable headbands or multiple styling options per Dr. Fang as this is a statement product. If you have feedback about its design, I would suggest contacting Dr. Fang while this model is still under development as he seems open to feedback.

I agree with you that the current headband styling detracts from the aesthetics, but from my actual experience with them, they did not cause any of the potential comfort problems I was afraid of, so I guess I don't care that much.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,130 of 14,702
+1. Not a fashion accessory for me - could care less about the looks.
+1 me too...if it looked like an ugly duck but sound like an angel and priced right then i wouldnt mind...i only use it innthe dark anyway..

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #1,132 of 14,702
  Do you need the pictured BA amp to power these?

If you read this thread about the NYC mini meet :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/751421/new-york-mini-meet-hifiman-he-1000-impressions-thread

you will find that the HE1000 can be driven by the Hifiman digital player as well as e.g. i-phones. Maybe no to the ultimate best performance but no, the headphones don't need to be powered by the EF1000 balanced amp.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #1,133 of 14,702

If you read this thread about the NYC mini meet :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/751421/new-york-mini-meet-hifiman-he-1000-impressions-thread

you will find that the HE1000 can be driven by the Hifiman digital player as well as e.g. i-phones. Maybe no to the ultimate best performance but no, the headphones don't need to be powered by the EF1000 balanced amp.

The question is how much of a difference does a quality amp make  and if it doesn't make much difference, does it mean that the headphone perhaps doesn't have much more performance to play with? Too easy to drive is somewhat a bad thing

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,135 of 14,702

The question is how much of a difference does a quality amp make  and if it doesn't make much difference, does it mean that the headphone perhaps doesn't have much more performance to play with? Too easy to drive is somewhat a bad thing

The HE-6 scales with the amp's sound quality. I'm using two different speaker tube amps and both sound different on the HE-6. I would expect the HE1K at least to be the same.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,136 of 14,702

The HE-6 scales with the amp's sound quality. I'm using two different speaker tube amps and both sound different on the HE-6. I would expect the HE1K at least to be the same.

Well you wouldn't be able to power the HE-6 through an iPhone, now could you? :wink:

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #1,138 of 14,702

I despise the Lyr...hell of a noisy amp.  Hate it.

What Lyr are you listening to. I have the Lyr 2 and had the Lyr and neither were are noisy. Now you can get noisy tubes and that will create some tube music but not the kind you want. With normal tubes, the Lyr 2, even with IEM's is not noisy. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,139 of 14,702

What Lyr are you listening to. I have the Lyr 2 and had the Lyr and neither were are noisy. Now you can get noisy tubes and that will create some tube music but not the kind you want. With normal tubes, the Lyr 2, even with IEM's is not noisy. 

Completely agree with figaro69, Lyr is decent for its price but noisy as hell. Reason why I ended up selling it because it was driving me nuts.

Personally I tried like 4-5 different Lyr (some with expensive tubes), all the same. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back