Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,111 of 14,797
Oh, thanks and wow it looks pretty big and totally heavy.

Pretty weird name but it's way better than numbering which seems to be an audio trend (he-100, hd800 etc)

Hifiman definitely could and should have thought of a better name for the he-1000, like the "sovereign" or "Optimus" etc etc?
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not weird if you realize that most of Schiit's product names are sourced from Norse mythology.

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,112 of 14,797
  It's called a tube buffer. There are several around for sale. Allows you to do tube rolling with your solid state equipment.

What's the chance you can name a few (good ones) ?

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,113 of 14,797
Oh, thanks and wow it looks pretty big and totally heavy.

Pretty weird name but it's way better than numbering which seems to be an audio trend (he-100, hd800 etc)

Hifiman definitely could and should have thought of a better name for the he-1000, like the "sovereign" or "Optimus" etc etc?
smily_headphones1.gif

all of schiits products are named after norse mythology. how do you have 500 posts on headfi and are not familiar with schiit products 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #1,115 of 14,797
I know the Lyr will have the power to run but will it sound good ?

Even if it doesn't sound as good with Lyr as more powerful and refined amplifiers... you still have the ability to roll the tubes for whatever elements are more important or balanced.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,116 of 14,797
  Am I the only head-fi'er that thinks the HE-1000 looks awesome?  Why all the hate?

The part that really bothers me is the light brown headband part with the holes in it. It looks almost exactly like part of the cowboy gun holster belt I had growing up as a kid lol. I think if they would just change that, I'd be more on board 
redface.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #1,118 of 14,797
The part that really bothers me is the light brown headband part with the holes in it. It looks almost exactly like part of the cowboy gun holster belt I had growing up as a kid lol. I think if they would just change that, I'd be more on board :xf_eek:

Well, it's a experimental model at present so unfinished but they should totally have different interchangeable headbands IMO for more appeal :)

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #1,119 of 14,797

Lots of new amps and headphones coming out. I have a Simaudio 430HA on order - that looks like a butt kicker of a SS head amp / preamp.

I'm in no rush for the HE1000. I want to wait and see how it compares to the modded HE6, and see where the pricing ends up, before I think about shelling out for it.

There are also whispers of something special coming from Sennheiser soon. I hope it is an ortho and not a electrostatic.

Wow, Simaudio has a headamp?? I had no idea. I've been a fan of their speaker amps for years...I bet the headamp is going to be a powerhouse. 

Time to go Google it! 

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #1,120 of 14,797
Well, it's a experimental model at present so unfinished but they should totally have different interchangeable headbands IMO for more appeal
smily_headphones1.gif

That would enhance the aesthetics for sure, IMO. It was the first part that really stuck out to me lol. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #1,122 of 14,797
different strokes i guess coz i really do like it

lol, that's cool man...I'm sure there are a lot of people who like it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back