Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Aug 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #5,821 of 14,748
  WOW ... I really enjoy my set up but I haven't gotten the angel and sky thing but maybe that's just because I'm not a religious guy.
Anyway congrats!

No, you need the Special kayandjohn Power Cord made of Unobtainium braided into Gordian knots... one inch of length has a price pegged to match the current price of an ounce of gold... THEN the angels will open and the heavens will sing!

Sep 1, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #5,822 of 14,748
... and, don't forget to bathe the cables in unicorn tears, and then sprinkle with pixie dust to sweeten the treble and also flesh out the mids.

Audio nirvana - right there.

Sep 1, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #5,823 of 14,748
  ... and, don't forget to bathe the cables in unicorn tears, and then sprinkle with pixie dust to sweeten the treble and also flesh out the mids.

Audio nirvana - right there.

it has to be a virgin unicorn, born under the shadow of a new moon in December. or else, you won't get that final 0.01% of crisp cool clarity.

the pixie dust should also be preheated to exactly 144 degrees celsius for that extra toasty warmth to balance out the crispness of the unicorn tears.

...otherwise, just epic fail man. might as well just get a pair of beats instead.

Sep 1, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5,824 of 14,748
The Beats need to be stuck under Dr. Dre's armpits for at least a month before they even begin to sound good.

The only real alternative is to immerse the Beats in a bucket of elephant or water buffalo dung for that organic goodness.
The problem with this solution is that the dung needs to be moistened to the correct consistency and the Beats have to be driven to the point of severe cone distortion whilst the program material needs to be swapped every 10 minutes between a Chopin sonata snd dubstep.  this burn-in takes at least 3 calendar months of 24/7 application.   Boom boom baby............   
k701smile.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #5,825 of 14,748
it has to be a virgin unicorn, born under the shadow of a new moon in December. or else, you won't get that final 0.01% of crisp cool clarity.

the pixie dust should also be preheated to exactly 144 degrees celsius for that extra toasty warmth to balance out the crispness of the unicorn tears.

...otherwise, just epic fail man. might as well just get a pair of beats instead.

Lol beats for life man. I would say more but having trouble swallowing bs.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #5,826 of 14,748
  The Beats need to be stuck under Dr. Dre's armpits for at least a month before they even begin to sound good.

The only real alternative is to immerse the Beats in a bucket of elephant or water buffalo dung for that organic goodness.
The problem with this solution is that the dung needs to be moistened to the correct consistency and the Beats have to be driven to the point of severe cone distortion whilst the program material needs to be swapped every 10 minutes between a Chopin sonata snd dubstep.  this burn-in takes at least 3 calendar months of 24/7 application.   Boom boom baby............   
k701smile.gif

I thought Beats require 1.21 GigaWatts of power.  Oh wait, that's the Flux capacitor.  My bad.

Sep 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #5,827 of 14,748
WOW ... I really enjoy my set up but I haven't gotten the angel and sky thing but maybe that's just because I'm not a religious guy.
Anyway congrats!

I certainly know the feeling he is talking about. I don't see angels but I do a lot of fist bumps to the sky and get killer goosebumps when I hear something so damn right to my ears. It's a religious experience for all of us, and like religion it effects us all in different ways. :wink:

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #5,828 of 14,748
Listening to "Be Still", by Dave Douglass, through PC/Ponoplayer/Regen/Geek Out Special Edition/MicroZOTL2/Norne Zoetic/HEK. A jazz take on Protestant spirituals (recommended as his mother died to play at her services). Man, beautiful vocals, fabulous sound, great interpretations, great playing. Check it out...

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #5,829 of 14,748
I listened to the HEK on the EF6 at CJ London for about 2 hours, with my music.
It was the best I've heard yet 
frown.gif

If only I had 3000$ of spare change lying around
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #5,831 of 14,748

Okay, now you will have @kayandjohn dancing since I am pretty sure that is combination.
biggrin.gif

@conquerator2

Yes Indeed, that is my combination, and I DO love it!  Better than the Sennheiser HDVD800, CEntrhace HiFi M8, Schitt Lyr2 with SchiitBifrost uber DAC, and HiFiMAN EF5!

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #5,834 of 14,748
What's the set up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back