Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Sep 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #5,836 of 14,748
Must be fabulous!

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #5,838 of 14,748
Well, yesterday went a lot differently than I had planned. I had been thinking I would slowly save up and buy the HE-1000’s in 7-8 months or so. Today, I found an open box pair in a local shop, and a saving of 800 bucks! They are in mint condition, have two days use, and came with full warranty! I couldn’t pass it up. Into debt I went, and I am now the proud owner of some new cans. I had to sell my LCD3’s and PS-1000s about a year ago as I was in desperate need of some cash. I was missing them terribly, especially the Audezes, so my plan originally was to re purchase them, but then I thought why not save up a bit more and try something different. Hence the Hifimans! For a $3000us headphone, I am a bit disappointed in the materials used vs. the LCD-3’s, they could feel more…”sturdy” if that makes sense? However, they sound absolutely fantastic, and are exceedingly comfortable, you almost forget you have headphones on your head.

The shop I was in also had SR-009’s out for anyone to try. WOW. I never thought I would get to try the SR-009 out/never would be able to afford them + a suitable amp. What a fantastic pair of headphones they are. I only spent about 15 minutes with them, but they are very very comfortable, and the sound is second to none. If you ever get a chance to try them out, don’t miss it.

All in all, I expected a day of ****ty weather and the boring same old same old. I ended up with HE1000’s and a chance to try SR-009’s. A headphone lovers equivalent of heaven. Im off to listen to my favourite tunes, and dream of one day owning the Stax! Feelsgoodman.jpeg

http://imgur.com/8emcNxA

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #5,839 of 14,748
... The shop I was in also had SR-009’s out for anyone to try. WOW. I never thought I would get to try the SR-009 out/never would be able to afford them + a suitable amp. What a fantastic pair of headphones they are. I only spent about 15 minutes with them, but they are very very comfortable, and the sound is second to none. If you ever get a chance to try them out, don’t miss it. All in all, I expected a day of ****ty weather and the boring same old same old. I ended up with HE1000’s and a chance to try SR-009’s. A headphone lovers equivalent of heaven. Im off to listen to my favourite tunes, and dream of one day owning the Stax! Feelsgoodman.jpeg

http://imgur.com/8emcNxA

It's best when you least expect it. Glad you had a great day and that it continues to get better.

Speaking of STAX and the 009, you would be surprised how 'cheaply' you can get yourself into an 009 nowadays from Price Japan. I never thought I would be able to get myself into one of them so soon until other things fell apart, bringing me towards the 009. I will be starting with one of the lower end STAX amp to pair with it but in the end, it is just a little over $3,000. So it may not be as long as you think... :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #5,840 of 14,748
  It's best when you least expect it. Glad you had a great day and that it continues to get better.

Speaking of STAX and the 009, you would be surprised how 'cheaply' you can get yourself into an 009 nowadays from Price Japan. I never thought I would be able to get myself into one of them so soon until other things fell apart, bringing me towards the 009. I will be starting with one of the lower end STAX amp to pair with it but in the end, it is just a little over $3,000. So it may not be as long as you think... :)

THIS...

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #5,843 of 14,748
ufospls2 I am happy got you that you got this good opportunity to get a HEK.

Few days ago also I had the opportunity to listen to a BHSE amp + stax009, and like you I was VERY impress. I just wonder now if the amount of details brought by this headphone cannot be fatiguing in the long term. Anyway, I loved the Stax clarity and details.

Could you Tell me what amp was used with Stax and also, if money was no object, will you prefer to have the Stax or the HEK ?

I wish you a lot of listening pleasure with your new toy :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #5,844 of 14,748
This is my personal experience as i have the KGSS and since some month a new Blue Hawaii se.
I did a lot of testing with my 009 and my 007mkII. (the SR 404 signature i dont use any more!!!!)
The time before, i used to listen music with both Headphones to my SRM 006tII. Most of the time with a Esoteric D-02 DAC.

My conclusion is that a 009 and the Blue Hawaii is a class of it´s own. Dynamic and clarity out of a absolute silence and so fast that i sometimes get a little shock about the impact of sound. All of that requires music with real good recording standard !

I originally thought that a pairing of a KGSS and a 007 will be the goal for me. But really it is not. One will loose some detail in sound, and i don´t mean brightness,
the 007 imo could never deliver.

This is similar comparison on other DAC´s i have, the METRUM Octave for example, but on different level of DAC quality.

Its very nice to watch video when Pro´s discuss top Headphones. Thank you!
Even when some of my personal preferences are different.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #5,845 of 14,748
  ....My conclusion is that a 009 and the Blue Hawaii is a class of it´s own. 

So, with this combo, despite the UBER_Details provided, you never get any fatigue or distraction from just enjoying the music (versus "analysing" your tracks :). This is really good news and quite an achievement.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #5,846 of 14,748
I think "uber-details" with no distortion and harshness are no problem for me.
All the STAX, the better the more likely, seduce my to extend hearing sessions to early morning hour´s.
For my this is a sign for pure music enjoyment.

This i recognised also with my Summit X Loudspeakers after i changed the amplification to Gruensch Solidstate amp.
This Poweramp provide the Electrostat Panels with more clarity and nail the instruments to their position on soundstage, comparing to the digital amp i used before.

Result is a more relaxed sounding.

I had this also with the 007. The 007mkII is not too far sounding to the LCD3 and HE1000.
Out of the 3, the HIFIMAN HE1000 could be the favourite, but this is just a first impression.

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #5,848 of 14,748

God I hope so. I never knew about this Price Japan place. Is it legit? Like they aren't knock offs? If they are real that is one helluva saving! 

ufospls2 I am happy got you that you got this good opportunity to get a HEK.

Few days ago also I had the opportunity to listen to a BHSE amp + stax009, and like you I was VERY impress. I just wonder now if the amount of details brought by this headphone cannot be fatiguing in the long term. Anyway, I loved the Stax clarity and details.

Could you Tell me what amp was used with Stax and also, if money was no object, will you prefer to have the Stax or the HEK ?

I wish you a lot of listening pleasure with your new toy :)

I think it was a STAX SRM-007tII but I am not sure. If money was no object? I would buy the SR-009 in my local shop to support them, it really was that enjoyable. I am a bit of a bass head, so the SR-009 lacked a little bit of the oomph that the HEK has in that area, but I am sure with a tiny bit EQ work in the low end (don't shoot me!) the SR-009 would be my perfect headphone (until they, or someone else, best it, if they can.) There was a smoothness to the way the SR-009 transitioned between notes, especially in the mids and treble that I have never heard before. It made me smile more than once. 

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #5,849 of 14,748
Well, I absolutely loved the HEK... The Stax on the other hand, left me cold... and they were very uncomfortable too!
That's just my opinion 
smily_headphones1.gif
 But for me, HEK > Stax 009/007 any day 
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #5,850 of 14,748
Does anyone use the auralic Taurus mk2 headphone amp with the he1000.? Would be interested to hear their thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back