Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Apr 19, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #3,076 of 14,702
  agreed. it's a disservice that some here claim that only speaker amps can drive the he-6. but what's true is that you can certainly drive the he-6 properly much cheaper with speaker amps than dedicated headphone amps. most headphone amps are underpowered...and the ones that have enough power are pricey.  

Very true...

The claim is not the HE-6 "can't" be driven by headphone amps.  That's not it at all.  

If people didn't know this already - Fang demoed the HE-6 on a Threshold speaker amp.  I wonder why he did that?  It's because at the demo he wanted to get the absolute best performance possible out the headphone.  He went on to say in an interview the HE-6 really needs more power than your traditional headphone amp can provide to sound it best.

Yes, you can use any headphone amp you want to drive the HE-6, and t will dive it.  However, I agree with Fang on this one.  

I along with many others have tried many headphone amps and compared them to speaker amps side by side.  The bottom line is this:  If you want top performance out the HE-6 put forth the effort and at least try to compare it to a "good" speaker amp - then you can be the judge.  I'm in the camp that "NO" headphone amp will give you the performance that a "good" speaker amp will with the HE-6...  Price being the same in most cases - A 3.5K headphone amp vs. a 3.5K speaker amp "Just for the HE-6"  I would think the 3.5K speaker amp will take the cake each and every time.  

In hopes the HE1000 is more inline with other headphones in the power requirement department just so all the bad rumors and crazy myths that's been spread over the years can stop.  Again, Fang demoed the HE1000 with a pretty powerful amp - from what I've read.  He should know what it takes to get "His" headphones to perform at a high level..  

I have what I would call a pretty good integrated speaker amp, the HE1000 will find a home there as well.  

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #3,078 of 14,702
I've read that the HE 1000 paired very nicely with the Cavelli Liquid Carbon, here and elsewhere (LC is in preorder, believe it will be shipped in about 4 months).
As for staying on topic, as someone mentioned, it is hard NOT to go off topic on these threads dedicated to products that aren't in production yet. Otherwise, the only post would have to be some version of "I want it" or "I don't want it" for whatever reason.
Anyone going to the NY meet in a few weeks should be able to audition, it is supposed to be shown there. More real impressions will be welcome.

Apr 19, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #3,079 of 14,702
Agree, how can you stay completely on-topic in this thread? Nobody owns the can yet so people have got to go off topic or the thread will die. Once the 1000 makes it into production we can start an HE1000 Impressions thread so nobody has to wade through all these pages for info. Just thoughts. Anybody want to talk hockey? Just joking.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #3,080 of 14,702
  Agree, how can you stay completely on-topic in this thread? Nobody owns the can yet so people have got to go off topic or the thread will die. Once the 1000 makes it into production we can start an HE1000 Impressions thread so nobody has to wade through all these pages for info. Just thoughts. Anybody want to talk hockey? Just joking.

We're losing 2:1 to Sweden 
frown.gif

Also, since the HE-560 sensitivity equals the HE-1000's, I think whatever drives the 560 well will also drive the 1000 well 
wink.gif
 No speaker amps necessary this time.

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #3,081 of 14,702
Maybe NBA playoffs?? :D

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #3,083 of 14,702

off-topic posts led jude to lock this thread. he can do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back