1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jigf, May 21, 2010.
  1. Happy Camper
    The grill mod is easiest and reversible.

2. Jozurr
    I really shouldn't have heard the HE-6 with a fully upgraded WA5. How badly do I want it now... damnit. Can't believe how good the setup sounded.

3. cskippy
    I am too scared to hear that setup.  Apparently it's one of the few headphone amps that can truly drive the HE-6 to all its glory.

4. Jozurr

Dont listen to it unless you want to have an unfulfilled desire of buying it or an empty wallet. It really is that good.

I was at 11-12pm on the volume knob where it was pretty loud. Id have blown the drivers if Id have gone any further.

5. NoxNoctum
    Anyone else in here feel just lucky to be able to experience music through these cans? That's how I feel right now. It's just so fecking good [​IMG]

Fearless1 likes this.
  6. NZtechfreak

Pretty much :)

7. Velomane

Same here. Always an amazing experience. Reviews of today's TOTL cans do not convince me to change.

8. Zocoyotzin
    So I saw the HE-6 going for $999.99 new on Amazon and I impulsively bought it. It should arrive by Wednesday. How long would burn-in be?

9. TooPoor
    Stupid question:  I have a Denon X4000 receiver (125wpc).  How would the HE-6 sound on this with speaker taps?  I'm not sure of the headphone out specs, but just wondering if I could use it to power the HE-6 without buying another amp (w/speaker taps or 1/4" headphone out)

10. GrdironTrenches

150 hours of constant use according to the manual

11. koiloco
    Plenty of power.  Just be careful with the volume knob.  Always start vol at 0.

12. Silent One
    Jus a friendly reminder...[​IMG]we love pix in this thread. 

13. TooPoor
    Pics? No headphones yet but here's the X4000 and my Oppo 103

image.jpg
    image.jpg

14. AtomikPi

Interesting choice of amp. I have a 4100w but was planning on hooking mine up to an Emotiva X-100. What do you think of the 4000 with them?

Edit: I evidently do not understand English, since you just said you don't have your HE-6's yet.

15. TooPoor
    No worries. I use this receiver for home theater speakers (custom 12" concentric drivers). I was just wondering how it'd do with the HE-6 if I went that route.