= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #2,731 of 21,171
I bought the HE560 on pre-order in the Head-Direct website.
They sent an email explaining that they are making a new revision mainly talking about the pads.
So I'm waiting for the new revision (by my choice).
No more information.
Just wait and wait ...

May 22, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #2,732 of 21,171
I think the most interesting comparison I believe would be is between the LCD X & the he560.

TMRaven will be doing that in a few days I think. He got both new on hand atm.

May 22, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2,736 of 21,171
The price of the AlphaDogs make it more attractive and competitive than both pm1&pm2.
Sorry but AlphaDog has greater clarity than pm1 while less soundstage than PM1 but not by much.
Sorry to burst that bubble.

I will say the PM1 form factor and quality are excellent and superior.
Also agree it's just a different house sound so personal preference will prevail. .

this is insane.. 

i hated the veiled sound of the alpha dogs compared to my koss electrostatics esp-950 and your saying alpha dog have better clarity than the pm1 hehehe.. is this true... really... WOW can't believe this

I really hope the he-560 will match my koss in terms of detail retrieval, wonderful midrange and high freq but with better slam in the mid bass and better subbass extension for pro electronics music mixing... oh and better soundstage|imaging(important)

still wonder if i wait for the raal requisite headphone or go for the hd800 with gs-x mk2 or go with he-560 and save money..

was interested in pm1 but not sure they did their job well after looking at the CSD plot and high thd in mid bass..

May 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2,738 of 21,171
The price of the AlphaDogs make it more attractive and competitive than both pm1&pm2.
Sorry but AlphaDog has greater clarity than pm1 while less soundstage than PM1 but not by much.
Sorry to burst that bubble.

I will say the PM1 form factor and quality are excellent and superior.
Also agree it's just a different house sound so personal preference will prevail. .

this is insane.. 

i hated the veiled sound of the alpha dogs compared to my koss electrostatics esp-950 and your saying alpha dog have better clarity than the pm1 hehehe.. is this true... really... WOW can't believe this

I really hope the he-560 will match my koss in terms of detail retrieval, wonderful midrange and high freq but with better slam in the mid bass and better subbass extension for pro electronics music mixing... oh and better soundstage|imaging(important)

still wonder if i wait for the raal requisite headphone or go for the hd800 with gs-x mk2 or go with he-560 and save money..

was interested in pm1 but not sure they did their job well after looking at the CSD plot and high thd in mid bass..

Want great setup which easily could be end of the game? Get HD800 and HA-1 and just enjoy the music

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

May 23, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #2,740 of 21,171
  this is insane.. 

the GS-X mk2 sounds very good with both the HD800 and HE560.  go for it!

May 23, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #2,742 of 21,171
  I personally want to see a LCD 2 vs HE-560 battle, because they both have the same price range. 

I enjoy the LCD-2 but it isn't much of a battle. There is, to my ears, more realism and impact of a natural nature, more visceral presentation, with the HD-560. 

May 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,743 of 21,171
The more I listen to these HE560, the more I love them. Ended up I've sold the TH900 and T1 in the past two weeks, now I'm selling the HD800 as well. No point keeping these open back headphones (well, the TH900 is closed back, but it's more or less like an open back one) with HE560 lying around, to me at least :)  

May 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2,744 of 21,171
  The more I listen to these HE560, the more I love them. Ended up I've sold the TH900 and T1 in the past two weeks, now I'm selling the HD800 as well. No point keeping these open back headphones (well, the TH900 is closed back, but it's more or less like an open back one) with HE560 lying around, to me at least :)  

I want my HE-560... 
frown.gif

May 23, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #2,745 of 21,171
  I want my HE-560... 
frown.gif

Sorry I totally understand.

Actually I contacted Hifiman about the exchange (to the updated version), they asked me to send back the existing one first. But after some talks with the nice customer service lady (Miss Guo), she agreed to let me hold the current one until the updated version is available :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back