1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jerg, Mar 25, 2014.
  1. Duy Le
    After many LCD deaths, finally I see the Hifiman death :)

2. raybone0566
    I've had numerous hifiman phones. Never had any issues. Definitely not like the lcd's

3. AltCtrl
    Thanks for your impressions. How would you rate the comfort of the HE560 compared to the HD650 or HD800?

4. NaiveSound

I sure wished they had a forward midrange

5. Guidostrunk
    Honestly, I find the comfort equal amongst all 3. The clamping force of the HD650 is a little stronger ,but never bothered me at all.

6. DavidA
    Comfort is about the same for all three but different type of comfort.

HD-650, once I bent the sliders a touch sit nice and tend to disappear after a few minutes

HD-800, light clamping force, sometimes too light and for some the padding on the top is insufficient and creates a hot spot there since the clamping force is too light to transfer some of the weight to the sides

HE-560, also bent it out a touch so the pads where not smashing together all the time which makes the clamping force just about perfect for me and the suspension system distributes the weight evenly over a large portion of my head.

trellus likes this.
  7. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Perfect summary of the comfort differences. Wearing the 800S now and the clamping force does almost feel in need of more grip, but it does seem to seal really well despite this.

8. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Somewhat ironic don't you think given that many people still equate Chinese production with lower quality and reliability versus say American production? My LCD2F arrived with a faulty left driver right out of the box. The replacement has been perfect mind you.

raybone0566 likes this.
  9. Midgetguy
    Stuff produced in China did really used to be garbage in quality and reliability, but I think that stereotype is long past its prime. There's some really good stuff these days coming out of China. Much of the time, it's only produced there, not designed there. But even things designed and produced in China are a far cry these days compared to a few years ago.

10. Soundsgoodtome
    I've dealt with 6 hifiman headphones/iems and only had issue with the re400 due to a faulty cable after months of abuse. Got a warranty on it and everything went smooth.

My first ownership of an Audeze (Sine) the driver goes out. Luckily the warranty is good but goes to show the odds from one perspective for defects.

11. raybone0566
    I do think for the money I paid the warranty could have been longer. 3 years seems more reasonable for an almost 1k headphone. Just my 2 cents

12. Fearless1
    I am on my second pair of 560s, the right driver quit on me with moderate use in my rotation.

Also on my second pair of the 400i, same problem. (both quit within the warranty)

I have had no issues with the older models (HE 6, 4, 500, 400) with much heavier use.

13. raybone0566
    This makes me feel better. As I immediately thought about my he6 when my 560 failed. Especially considering the enormous amounts of current being thrown at these things. My 560's were just 4 months out of warranty. Repair cost is 145.00 shipping included. I'm thinking seriously about parting ways with them when they return.

14. Rdrcr

I find the HE560's more comfortable than the HD650's.

Mike

15. Rdrcr

Yep, agreed.

Mike