1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jerg, Mar 25, 2014.
  1. DavidA
    I wish, I don't have the space to have a lathe and there is no way I can match the quality of the CNC milled stuff that is being produced these days.

2. Arttt
    he 560 sound so open, so near to what a set of speakers sound like in a room...
    add to that openess natural well textured bass, neutral tonality ,  rich mids and smooth yet with ocean of detail treble and Electrostatic-like fast dynamics ... and you get a great all-around headphones!

he560 combines lots of qualities, truly a special headphones and for that price its hard to beat!

The more i listen to he560 the more i like it...

3. NaiveSound

So it does have forward mids?

4. Guidostrunk
    Nope. Everything is perfectly balanced. The HE500 on the other hand, is definitely mid forward in comparison.

5. Guidostrunk
    Perfectly put! You're definitely hearing them as I am.

6. westermac
    Does anybody know the cheapest/easiest way to source a pair of plastic mounting rings without cannibalizing my stock pads? I have a pair or Brainwavz hybrids I'd really like to try on the HE560. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

7. drwlf

Cannibalize the HiFiMan Velour Replacement Headphone Pads.

westermac likes this.
  8. Arttt
    @NaiveSound

To be honest, on mid-fi gear he560 sound kind of aggressive with "splashy " treble and reassessed mids, compared to he400i. He400i sound thick warm with lots of weight to the sound straight of MacBook headphone out...
    On he560 mids could be a subject to argue about depending on Your setup.
    if not proper amped he560 will sound dull and lifeless...

So it all depends on the gear you use with he560...
    He560 is very sensitive to the source and current hungry when it comes to amps!

In decent setup he560 is one of the most balanced headphones I ever heard and has this unique combination of finesse and power when it comes to dynamic, and refined tonality, well balanced thrue the whole spectrum.

Mids on he560 majestic :)

ToddRaymond likes this.
  9. westermac

Just ordered a pair, thanks! Should get them by the end of the week, will share some impressions vs FocusPads after I've had some time with them.

10. Guidostrunk
    I have to agree. I'm currently running mine with a mjolnir1 , using a vintage Theta Pro Prime IIA dac. Modest gear, but the 560's shine!

11. Amarphael
    I suppose this question has been covered here alreasy so i apologize in advance: Is it normal for the outer grill to move when pressed sideways (e.g left to right)?

12. DavidA
    the grill will move but there are some who found them too loose and it made a rattle.  If it bothers you then you can use a very small drop of hot glue to keep them from moving, small pieces of rubber eraser, and a few other ways to hold them tight.

13. Amarphael
    Thanks for the reply. It doesn't bother me soundwise, more of a build quality issue, albeit this being the only thing which i have noticed thus far.

14. DavidA

Quote:
    If you ever do the grill mod I would suggest using a thinker material and leave of the plastic ring by making the new grill fit very snug, and if you are good at metal working make the tabs of the new grill fit in the existing slots for the plastic retaining ring.  This is my HE-400, did a similar grill for HE-560 but can't find the picture with the grill off at the moment
    HE-400_sorb_grill-2.jpg

15. NaiveSound

Thank you, I would be powering it with chord mojo.

But I just hope thr mids aren't recessed, I prefer forward midrange, I have 400i and it's decent and super good for the price, but I want to upgrade for something clearer and better mids