Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Jul 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #9,499 of 14,386
I mean his opinion is fine, it's just weird that he just comes and posts the same thing basically every day. It's double weird (and sort of rude) that he does it in response to somebody coming off all the issues the guy above did and commenting how he's finally able to enjoy his setup.

I apologize to all that I've annoyed and for becoming repetitive negativity, it's not right of me. It will stop. I truly am happy others are enjoying 400i, to an extent So am. I, just wish I could go a different direction... Cant afford to

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #9,500 of 14,386
  And it's done, (I had already prepared the review and asked for opinions just cuz but was gonna do it either ways :p )
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-400i/reviews/16450

nice, balanced review.  I disagree a bit in parts (though I think where we disagree is your sourcing with your phone and the O2 isn't a great amp match with the HE400i, both of which you acknowledge), but disagreement is healthy/fine.  To clarify, you're selling the HE400i?

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #9,501 of 14,386
  And it's done, (I had already prepared the review and asked for opinions just cuz but was gonna do it either ways :p )
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-400i/reviews/16450

I followed your preliminary impressions on HE-400i thread and since you liked the headphones more and more with time I was secretly hoping for 4 stars  - to keep the score high 
redface.gif
Of course I´m just kidding (with every sense of the word), everyone has the full right to express his/her views.
Still trembling with fear that NaiveSound MIGHT also post his review of HE-400i :)

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #9,502 of 14,386
Hey Vanheim. I thought your review on the other headphone forum we are not allowed to mention by name because its apparently against the rules here was great. Thank you for posting it. I cant link it here because of the reasons explained above, so everyone will have to google it or someone will have to copy/paste.

I also had my 400i with different pads measured and posted at that site. Its in the 400i thread under the measurements sub-forum. The measurements were free and so was return postage. Niiice. So if you like modding headphones but dont have an expensive measuring rig, then you have possible support there.

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #9,503 of 14,386
Ooops. I somehow didnt realize i was reading the penultimate page...

I cant think of anything beside HDXXX that can compete resolution wise in the price range. Of course we are talking
NEW street prices. USED market way different.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #9,504 of 14,386
Hey Vanheim. I thought your review on the other headphone forum we are not allowed to mention by name because its apparently against the rules here was great. Thank you for posting it. I cant link it here because of the reasons explained above, so everyone will have to google it or someone will have to copy/paste.

I also had my 400i with different pads measured and posted at that site. Its in the 400i thread under the measurements sub-forum. The measurements were free and so was return postage. Niiice. So if you like modding headphones but dont have an expensive measuring rig, then you have possible support there.

It's the same review here and there. I just included the pictures here since that forum doesn't allow direct photo uploads. But everything else is just copy paste :) 

nice, balanced review.  I disagree a bit in parts (though I think where we disagree is your sourcing with your phone and the O2 isn't a great amp match with the HE400i, both of which you acknowledge), but disagreement is healthy/fine.  To clarify, you're selling the HE400i?

Yes I am. 
  I followed your preliminary impressions on HE-400i thread and since you liked the headphones more and more with time I was secretly hoping for 4 stars  - to keep the score high 
redface.gif
Of course I´m just kidding (with every sense of the word), everyone has the full right to express his/her views.
Still trembling with fear that NaiveSound MIGHT also post his review of HE-400i :)

The easily scratchable cups, headband adjusters and the siblance/harshness made it impossible to give them a higher rating for me. 

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #9,505 of 14,386
It's the same review here and there. I just included the pictures here since that forum doesn't allow direct photo uploads. But everything else is just copy paste :) 

Yes I am. 
The easily scratchable cups, headband adjusters and the siblance/harshness made it impossible to give them a higher rating for me. 

I agree with the review all the way, I also MIGHT write one honest review myself.
Well written review V!

Jul 18, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #9,506 of 14,386
Is it really necessary to comment every time on every person saying that they like the HE400i with you saying you think they have bad resolution (because you're comparing them to a very resolving iem)?

The HE400i has very good resolution. It's not a world beater there, and most top end IEMs will have better resolution. But that's mostly because IEMs have their driver/armatures closer to the ear. What full sized headphones in its price range do you think beat it easily in resolution?

Couldn't agree more, this just doesn't seem funny any longer. It's just annoying, and brings the quality of the thread down. If somebody's just browsing, and for the lack of a better term, actually thinks that these brain farts have some basis in reality.

I agree with the review all the way, I also MIGHT write one honest review myself.
Well written review V!

@NaiveSound, you do realize that for the past 25 posts in this thread, your only input has been the words "resolution and clarity" in various combinations, for 50% of the time.
Nothing else.
By all means, go for the review.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #9,507 of 14,386
Well, I guess it's good that I'll get harassed via PMs, instead of crapifying the thread any further.

I just felt the above image had to be posted, as the whole @NaiveSound-thing, the comments are beautiful and brilliant. Kind of like a machination of sorts, by a troll army. But I guess none of the world leaders have any antipathy towards HE-400i :p

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #9,508 of 14,386
  Well, I guess it's good that I'll get harassed via PMs, instead of crapifying the thread any further.

On a more positive note, I find this combo to be EXTREMELY satisfyingly resolving, with excellent bass physicality and no sibilance whatsover : 

And this is coming from someone who had a dual-endgame setup of HD800 + HE-6, with this same tube dac-amp..... 

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #9,510 of 14,386
Well written review V!

His review says that he thinks the HE400i are extremely clear and resolving but just too bright (given his setup). It's basically the exact opposite of what you've been saying. I'm confused here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back