Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Jul 15, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #9,482 of 14,386
Thanks for the opinion bro.

But i have heard that the HD650 is a bit laidback..

Does the hd650 runs well with the idsd micro..??

Thanks,
Jonathan

On head-fi dark and laid back are more or less used synonymously

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #9,484 of 14,386
Thanks for the info bro..

But seems that with not capable amplifier, it sound a bit veiled and thin and lack of sound stage.?

Can it went well with mojo or micro idsd?

Thanks,
Jonathan

I owned an HD 650, and currently have a Micro and I think they would work quite well together. The Micro is a pretty darn good little device. It drives my LCD 2F very well on normal gain so unless you like really loud playback volume I suspect it will get to a decent SPL and quality with the 650.

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #9,485 of 14,386
Welp ... it's official: I have baaaaad luck. 

After 2 faulty He-400i's shipped back and forth from China to South Africa, 1x faulty Chord Mojo (does this even happen?), ear infection that caused a build up of fluid and me needing to go to the doctor because I thought I was going deaf 
confused_face_2.gif
 I have finally got a working system (and ears) and these guys are fantastic! I was honestly miffed at first as I thought these weren't at all great headphones ... but now I am a changed man and I dig it!

Great kit 10/10 would buy again :D

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #9,486 of 14,386

After 2 faulty He-400i's shipped back and forth from China to South Africa, 1x faulty Chord Mojo (does this even happen?), ear infection that caused a build up of fluid and me needing to go to the doctor because I thought I was going deaf 
confused_face_2.gif
 I have finally got a working system (and ears) and these guys are fantastic! I was honestly miffed at first as I thought these weren't at all great headphones ... but now I am a changed man and I dig it!

​Hope this setup last you a long time and with no problems.  Damn, you went through a lot to get one good headphone and DAC/amp.

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #9,487 of 14,386

After 2 faulty He-400i's shipped back and forth from China to South Africa, 1x faulty Chord Mojo (does this even happen?), ear infection that caused a build up of fluid and me needing to go to the doctor because I thought I was going deaf :confused_face_2:  I have finally got a working system (and ears) and these guys are fantastic! I was honestly miffed at first as I thought these weren't at all great headphones ... but now I am a changed man and I dig it!

I too have a mojo and 400i, while comfort ia great, resolution and clarity certainly lacks. But boy is it comfortable

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #9,488 of 14,386
I too have a mojo and 400i, while comfort ia great, resolution and clarity certainly lacks. But boy is it comfortable

What did you change to? I doubt that I will be changing the Mojo for a long time as the ability to listen wherever (especially away from my noisy PC) is a Godsend. I can definitely understand changing the He-400i for something a little more spacious but I'm loving how nice and meaty all the music is. This is my first open back so it took me a while to understand the difference in music vs a closed back. Quite a change really :)

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #9,489 of 14,386

confused_face_2.gif

Wish you good health and better luck with purchases after such unlucky stretch. Happy listening !

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #9,490 of 14,386

Is it really necessary to comment every time on every person saying that they like the HE400i with you saying you think they have bad resolution (because you're comparing them to a very resolving iem)?

The HE400i has very good resolution. It's not a world beater there, and most top end IEMs will have better resolution. But that's mostly because IEMs have their driver/armatures closer to the ear. What full sized headphones in its price range do you think beat it easily in resolution?

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #9,491 of 14,386
Is it really necessary to comment every time on every person saying that they like the HE400i with you saying you think they have bad resolution (because you're comparing them to a very resolving iem)?

The HE400i has very good resolution. It's not a world beater there, and most top end IEMs will have better resolution. But that's mostly because IEMs have their driver/armatures closer to the ear. What full sized headphones in its price range do you think beat it easily in resolution?

He did the same thing with his SE-846's in the mojo thread.  I think he'll never be happy.

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #9,493 of 14,386
He did the same thing with his SE-846's in the mojo thread.  I think he'll never be happy.

I mean his opinion is fine, it's just weird that he just comes and posts the same thing basically every day. It's double weird (and sort of rude) that he does it in response to somebody coming off all the issues the guy above did and commenting how he's finally able to enjoy his setup.

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #9,494 of 14,386
It seems the 400i is either quite resolving or quite muddy.  :confused:   

It's resolving to those who don't compare them to summit fi. There are some who only enjoy the finer things in this hobby, which makes everything lower tier "muddy" to their ears.

I mean his opinion is fine, it's just weird that he just comes and posts the same thing basically every day. It's double weird (and sort of rude) that he does it in response to somebody coming off all the issues the guy above did and commenting how he's finally able to enjoy his setup.

Sometimes people are just fixated on things like that. If they don't like a headphone, no one else should. Every hobby has "that guy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back