**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jul 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #11,371 of 22,116
Quote:
So the older ones with the dust cover will work as well? As long as I provide the ring?

Yes, if you have 400's then you have a ring they will go on.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #11,372 of 22,116
Quote:

Sounds interesting. I find the HiFi Man velour pads kind of hard and not fantastically comfortable. May I trouble you for a picture of the Beyerdynamic pads on the HE-400s?

Im at work right now, so ill put them up when i get home (I hope I can remmeber it cus after work i got to go to study accountancy). Ill try to give you some efficient feedback on the sort of material and some comprehensive review on them.

The guy who originaly patented the idea (tomatolicious) here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/3090

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #11,373 of 22,116
Quote:
This!

Bravo my friend.
beerchug.gif

Haha, the Emoticon is rather the oposite of waht Im aiming at, so ill just use sparkling Water :D.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #11,374 of 22,116
Quote:
Haha, the Emoticon is rather the oposite of waht Im aiming at, so ill just use sparkling Water :D.

Ice cold high quality amber beer on a hot summer day vs Ortho's ....what a choice to have to make......
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
L3000.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #11,375 of 22,116
Quote:
Ice cold high quality amber beer on a hot summer day vs Ortho's ....what a choice to have to make......
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
L3000.gif

Its just 1 year. Plus I want to get better looks as well, so I have two reasons for it :D.
One year from now, If the Audenzee closed cans ship, ill be Listening to them while drinkin beer with my new Girlfriend...
Ok time to wake up and get back to work!

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #11,376 of 22,116
I read all the post. I just wanna to say about these headphones. They are power hungry.I triple amp them to get the best sound. I use a fiio e11,fiio Mont blanc and a matrix m-stage at the same time. The sound is awesome,they are fun to listen to. Not sibilant at all. I compare to my kns 8400 which are a smooth sounding phone and the he-400 blows them away.one of the complaints I have is the cable started to break at the point where the plugs go to the phone.(Not a good design).I just used electrical tape to reenforce them. The more POWER the better they sound.POWER POWER POWER. LOL

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #11,377 of 22,116
Quote:
I read all the post. I just wanna to say about these headphones. They are power hungry.I triple amp them to get the best sound. I use a fiio e11,fiio Mont blanc and a matrix m-stage at the same time. The sound is awesome,they are fun to listen to. Not sibilant at all. I compare to my kns 8400 which are a smooth sounding phone and the he-400 blows them away.one of the complaints I have is the cable started to break at the point where the plugs go to the phone.(Not a good design).I just used electrical tape to reenforce them. The more POWER the better they sound.POWER POWER POWER. LOL

Uhm....huh?
size]

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #11,378 of 22,116
Quote:

Now that's what I call taking it to the extreme!
beyersmile.png

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #11,379 of 22,116
I wouldnt say its taking it to the extreme, but i would say its a bad idea. This way you are rising the noise floor a LOT (at least i think so).

I actually wanted to get The fiio E12 for these so i can use them on the move relativly close to my Asgard, but its on hold for now as its time to save cash not spend it.

Did you test if you have any hearing problems? For me even the Fiio E17 (with a LOT less power than the E12 can make these too loud for listening in some recordings).

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #11,380 of 22,116
Yeah, using multiple amps doesn't sound...beneficial.  It's one thing to use a dedicated pre-amp before the amp in the chain, but it's definitely not good or necessary to use 2 or more proprietary amps in sequence, I imagine you'll introduce a lot of distortion into the signal that way.  In his case, just the M-Stage alone will give the best sound.

Regarding the Beyer pads, I'm fairly certain they all have a removable filter that on standard Beyers you'd just pop in after mounting the pads onto the housing.  It's possible to do this with the HiFiMan mounting rings too, easy to take on and off...but I don't think the thicker material would be beneficial for SQ...time for me to get some more nylon pantyhose 
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #11,381 of 22,116
In addition to the higher noise floor and distortion, you aren't necessarily getting 3x the power either.  It's more like maybe 1.2x the power.  You could sell all 3 of those amps and get something really powerful like one of those audio-gd things and be better off most likely.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #11,382 of 22,116
So my HE-400 arived before 3 days, and I am impressed. That's my first pair of Cans, so I think my wallet will stay empty 
smily_headphones1.gif
. I bought them from Amazon.de for 400 euro, but I'm sure they deserve every cent. And now it's coming the next step, I need a good amp for them, so can someone recommend me a good desktop amp for around 300 euro. I know that I can drive them with Fiio 17, but i want to spend my money for something what I will use in the future, not just for this cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back