**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
May 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #10,727 of 22,116
Quote:
:D Listened to that a lot a while back! That song 'After the guiding venus' is so amazing.

Yeah I like that one, well actually I like them all. It's rare for me to like a whole album too. Personal fav from the the album would have to be "When the silence is speaking (blue mix)", same name as the album. Here's the song in case anyone is interested.

May 23, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #10,730 of 22,116
For the people discussing USB 3.0 and what not ... do keep in mind that there ARE exceptions. Some products jut don't play nice with 3.0 ports right now ... most companies with good driver support wouldn't be an issue, but there's been times where people have switched from 3.0 to 2.0 and had issues go away. What's difficult is that it's hard to nail down if that was from 3.0 or something else (like the other components near the 2.0 port being less noisy to sensitive equipment).

For instance, my 3.0 ports work perfectly for everything but my Schiit Modi. My music literally skips with it in my 3.0 port -- but my 2.0 port works flawlessly for the Mod. Then again, my 2.0 port is alone on the right side of my laptop, while the 3.0 ports are next to wireless card, power cord, and several other ports in use.

In other words if you have an issue, try a 2.0 port. 3.0 should work in theory.

May 23, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #10,731 of 22,116
Quote:
For the people discussing USB 3.0 and what not ... do keep in mind that there ARE exceptions. Some products jut don't play nice with 3.0 ports right now ... most companies with good driver support wouldn't be an issue, but there's been times where people have switched from 3.0 to 2.0 and had issues go away. What's difficult is that it's hard to nail down if that was from 3.0 or something else (like the other components near the 2.0 port being less noisy to sensitive equipment).

For instance, my 3.0 ports work perfectly for everything but my Schiit Modi. My music literally skips with it in my 3.0 port -- but my 2.0 port works flawlessly for the Mod. Then again, my 2.0 port is alone on the right side of my laptop, while the 3.0 ports are next to wireless card, power cord, and several other ports in use.

In other words if you have an issue, try a 2.0 port. 3.0 should work in theory.

I definitely agree with you here and some sound advice.  While I personally haven't had an issue yet, it's entirely dependent on the 3.0 drivers as to how they perform between different machines, and since it's newer tech there will be more cases of issues occurring.  If you are a late adopter (have a newer computer/motherboard with built in 3.0 support) you should be ok at this point, but there is still a chance it can be finicky device to device.

May 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #10,732 of 22,116
In August, I'll be moving back to CA with my paint guy and we're thinking about picking up our electronics painting business again. Would anyone here be interested in getting their HE-400 painted? I was looking at options we have now and they all seem to be based in the UK and they all seem to want to charge like $400 .. screw that nonsense lol. Just wondering where the interest is for that kind of thing, if at all.

May 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #10,733 of 22,116
Chord Memory Daft Punk Remix on Musique vol. 1 with the HE-400.. damn

I don't have my D2000 with me anymore, but I reckon the HE-400 just might out-punch it with this song.  Too bad the song itself is ass.

What's great is the major bass lines are flawlessly separated and followable too.  I reckon it'd get smeared like crazy with the Denons.

May 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #10,739 of 22,116
Quote:
I've never really liked daft punk, but the most recent album is pretty clean sounding.  I'll give it that.

I didn't associate the name with any music I'd heard but sampled the new album (and enough past music to place them) based on the raves on this forum. Now I seriously question the taste of my new found, online friends. Causes me to doubt their evaluations. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back