**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #8,476 of 22,116
I guess ill ship in Poland then. Prices here do seem to be far more expensive on hifiman products so i should even get a better deal.

Thx for your help, now lets just try to get an LCD-2 vs HIFIMAN 500 and get my endgame HP :D.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #8,477 of 22,116
For those interested in how the vegan LCD2 measure against the leather LCD2... (thanks to ninjames for the leather LCD2's graph).

Vegan on the left, leather on the right.

Very similar, but the vegan maintained a higher amount of treble, if slightly, as I mentioned. That paired with the pad differences, is probably why I felt the vegan version to be slightly less warm with more sparkle. The area between 1khz to just over 2khz has a bigger drop on the leather than the vegan as well... about 4db in the section after 2khz, if I'm reading it correctly.

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #8,478 of 22,116
Quote:
Anybody having issues with clamp, maybe try having a haircut as I did today. Clamp is significantly reduced 
tongue.gif

Beaver,
then I should do fine since I'm, well, folically challenged 
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #8,479 of 22,116
This is off topic, but I bought a universal IEM, the TDK BA-200. First I wanted to buy the vsonic GR07, but the BA-200 should be a bit more neutral, with less treble. I'm not sure whether I will like it, it uses balanced armatures, and I didn't like them in the shure se425. 

The thing that pushed me towards the BA-200 the most was the fact that I could purchase them from the UK, so no import taxes or anything. 

I really love the HE-400, but it is a full sized headphone, which can be a bit annoying sometimes, especially when your hair is drying, or you're playing a competitive video game (lotsa sweat), or playing the drums(sweat, so much of it).  And obviously an IEM is very transportable. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #8,481 of 22,116
Quote:
I would've went with the gr07. It's fantastic at it's price point. Sorry...

I know man, but the thing is, it's way more expensive than the BA-200 for me. About 200 euros in total, that's about 260 usd. The BA-200 was only 169 euros, and it will be here within a week (instead of a month). Plus I can always return them, and get the GR07, which will probably happen.

Don't underestimate the inconvience of the dutch border... I had to pay 30 euros of import taxes for the J$ pads, which were 40 usd, and had to wait over a month.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #8,483 of 22,116
I was actually going to order the headband today via Amazon, so if you want to wait a few days I will report back.
Thanks! I ordered mine Friday! :D

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #8,484 of 22,116
Here's a quick pic. It's a pretty tight fit around the stock headband and will probably require some modification to the travel case.

Thanks, I'll probably have to cut some foam out, but that's fine! :D

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #8,488 of 22,116
Thanks for the info.

I was already emailing Justin requesting a travel case(just kidding :p ).

Anyway, I'm needing a case like that. I think I'll buy it.
Great! Hope you like it!

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #8,489 of 22,116
Quote:
For those interested in how the vegan LCD2 measure against the leather LCD2... (thanks to ninjames for the leather LCD2's graph).

Vegan on the left, leather on the right.

Very similar, but the vegan maintained a higher amount of treble, if slightly, as I mentioned. That paired with the pad differences, is probably why I felt the vegan version to be slightly less warm with more sparkle. The area between 1khz to just over 2khz has a bigger drop on the leather than the vegan as well... about 4db in the section after 2khz, if I'm reading it correctly.

Any way you could take the photo again in better light? I can't even see the right photo with my crap monitor.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #8,490 of 22,116
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I was already emailing Justin requesting a travel case(just kidding
tongue.gif
).

Anyway, I'm needing a case like that. I think I'll buy it.

I really like it, I only wish it had a dedicated storage space inside or maybe a zipper pouch on the outside. 

There's definitely room on top of the central foam between the headphones so I'm going to look for a decent pouch to velcro on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back