**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #8,491 of 22,116
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know man, but the thing is, it's way more expensive than the BA-200 for me. About 200 euros in total, that's about 260 usd. The BA-200 was only 169 euros, and it will be here within a week (instead of a month). Plus I can always return them, and get the GR07, which will probably happen.

Don't underestimate the inconvience of the dutch border... I had to pay 30 euros of import taxes for the J$ pads, which were 40 usd, and had to wait over a month.

The BA200 is terrific.  I'd put it right up there with the GR07, actually.  I've owned both for extensive lengths of time (but sold them both).. though I would have no problem if I had to buy either one again.  There's certain things the BA200 does better (midrange depth & more linear treble) and there's things the GR07 does a little better (bass texturing, speed).. but they're very close in terms of performance, IMO.

/threadjack

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #8,492 of 22,116
Any way you could take the photo again in better light? I can't even see the right photo with my crap monitor.

Sorry, that wasnt my photo. But it was the same LCD2 I demoed.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #8,493 of 22,116
I recommend doing the Jerg pad mod, I just did parts 1 & 2, sounds great! Now it's time to get me some Velours... xD

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #8,495 of 22,116
Quote:

The BA200 is terrific.  I'd put it right up there with the GR07, actually.  I've owned both for extensive lengths of time (but sold them both).. though I would have no problem if I had to buy either one again.  There's certain things the BA200 does better (midrange depth & more linear treble) and there's things the GR07 does a little better (bass texturing, speed).. but they're very close in terms of performance, IMO.

/threadjack

Haha cool, thanks for threadjacking for me. The BA200 should also isolate a bit better correct? 

Relevant stuff: the J$ pads seem to hurt my head a bit more than the other pads. Clamp is still a bit extreme, and the area above my ears start to hurt badly after wearing them for an hour or two. This might be because I'm a bit sensitive right now due to a bad cold. 

Also I've been using my mackie studio monitors more because of the headaches, and going back to the HE-400 is a big improvement in sound quality. I've been searching for two years to find a headphone that's on par with the mackie studio monitors, but the HE-400 just blows them away...

I don't know, those monitors almost sound gritty, and unrefined compared to the HE-400s. The midrange is obviously more present in the mackies but it sounds pretty raw, and less clean than with the HE-400.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #8,496 of 22,116
I've been stricken down with the flu the last few days as well and I too seem to be more sensitive to wearing headphones. After a while I develop headaches, and this is with my super soft plush pleather/jergpad. If only I had a pair of IEMs to fall back on, I refuse to use my brother's iBuds!

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #8,497 of 22,116
There are times when IEM just work better and are more practical than full sized hp's. They won't help with the flu though. Sorry to hear it. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #8,500 of 22,116
Quote:
They say music can cure diseases. You should try it with speakers as suggested above.

I wouldn't say music will cure diseases, but proper choice of music would definitely alleviate some symptoms e.g. headaches / physical aches (which tend to manifest because the person pays too much attention to them), not to mention mood improvement. 

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #8,502 of 22,116
Quote:
I wouldn't say music will cure diseases, but proper choice of music would definitely alleviate some symptoms e.g. headaches / physical aches (which tend to manifest because the person pays too much attention to them), not to mention mood improvement. 

Of course I wasn't speaking literally. It's not like there's an Ocarina of time in real life where you play a song and a fairy appears to heal you.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #8,503 of 22,116
Quote:
I got mine yesterday through a friend (he bought it for me) from head-amp, but I only got the pleathers....I thought it always comes with velours from Justin...
blink.gif

Mystery solved - they were bought from someone else

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #8,504 of 22,116
I got mine yesterday through a friend (he bought it for me) from head-amp, but I only got the pleathers....I thought it always comes with velours from Justin...:blink:
Don't complain... Here's why:

Pleather:....$20
Velour:......$10

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back