**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Feb 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #6,948 of 22,116
Quote:
Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?

Physical violence is mostly not necessary. Just show the pads who's the boss.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #6,950 of 22,116
Quote:
Alright. I thought i did that, will try later on then.

You should kinda push where the tab to be fitted is supposed to be fit. Then push it down at the same time while trying to be careful
size]

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #6,951 of 22,116
Quote:
Personal insults usually work for me.

Do you direct those insults to yourself?  Or, to the headphones and pads? 
biggrin.gif

I was just trying to seek a bit of clarity in the event I encounter this same situation. 
wink.gif

Thank you,

Quote:
Physical violence is mostly not necessary. Just show the pads who's the boss.

Great point.  Usually, physical violence should not be taken out on the headphones, or you'll have to use your backups, while HifiMAN takes a month to replace your damaged HE-400s.
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #6,952 of 22,116
Quote:

Can't place an order just yet, need to re-arrange some funds first. But that's why I posted here, maybe someone who's willing could give it a go. Maybe next week I can order. Im anticipating good results!

Why not just purchase some velour locally from a fabric store?  Then, cut the circular pieces to size and use a small amount of rubber cement to adhere the velour to the pads?  I believe in doing this, the modification should be reveresible, as the rubber cement would be quite easily removed from the surface.  It's kind of hard to tell what kind of adhesive is supplied on the velour with the adhesive backing - and, hopefully over time, it wouldn't rip up the pads if you were to remove the velour.

Just a thought ...

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #6,953 of 22,116
Quote:

Do you direct those insults to yourself?  Or, to the headphones and pads? 
biggrin.gif

I was just trying to seek a bit of clarity in the event I encounter this same situation. 
wink.gif

Thank you,

I experience the same. Assaults for all of us if they are very stubborn (me, 'phones and pads)

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #6,954 of 22,116
Quote:
Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?

Yea. Get 2 in then while keeping those locked in (pressing down and out on them gently) rotate the pad until you find the next gap/tab and it's at a place where you can easily manipulate it. You kind of have to push down and in to get it in place. Then rotate to the next tab. I find it a little harder to finagle the other tabs into place if you don't rotate the pad.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #6,955 of 22,116
Quote:

Why not just purchase some velour locally from a fabric store?  Then, cut the circular pieces to size and use a small amount of rubber cement to adhere the velour to the pads?  I believe in doing this, the modification should be reveresible, as the rubber cement would be quite easily removed from the surface.  It's kind of hard to tell what kind of adhesive is supplied on the velour with the adhesive backing - and, hopefully over time, it wouldn't rip up the pads if you were to remove the velour.

Just a thought ...

I was actually considering taking the pads to my grandmother's place, it's like a mini fabric store there. She's also really handy with sewing (who's grandmother isn't?), maybe the pads would look more professional if I had the velour sewed onto the pleather. Watch this space..

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #6,956 of 22,116
Mad Lust Envy -

You already know the outcome, why bother with the review.

All the Sonic irritants will disappear with that mod, and no new irritants will emerge. The Night and Day difference will be presented to Hifi-Man, who will reward the modder with $1 million dollars, and apologize to all customers for having "cut corners" when designing the world's best $400 dollar headphone.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #6,958 of 22,116
Quote:
Mad Lust Envy -

You already know the outcome, why bother with the review.

All the Sonic irritants will disappear with that mod, and no new irritants will emerge. The Night and Day difference will be presented to Hifi-Man, who will reward the modder with $1 million dollars, and apologize to all customers for having "cut corners" when designing the world's best $400 dollar headphone.

Well it's a material he likes now rather than pleather/leather, so of course he wants to hear positive reviews of its sound quality changes now.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #6,959 of 22,116
Quote:
That being said, I am going to put my pleathers back on to see if anything changes.

beyersmile.png

You people are making me nutty!

I wouldn't recommend it, stock pleather pads sound like poop. Voices sound really wonky with them. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #6,960 of 22,116
Quote:
You should kinda push where the tab to be fitted is supposed to be fit. Then push it down at the same time while trying to be careful
size]

the credit card trick does work.  make sure the tabs are open and stick a credit card in it, and push.  it will snap into place on the headphone

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back