**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,126 of 22,116
It's gotta be pretty costly to recall an entire month's worth of sales and replace them for free, plus the shipping... Unless they really improve you're probably right.

I can't wait!!! I'm gonna not even listen to my headphones for a whole day before I get them! I want my ears to be pristine 
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,127 of 22,116
Quote:

You really think they will use rev2 for a really long time? They were obviously trying to make it better or easier to manufacture, hopefully they do find a build that sounds just as good but they test it more thoroughly before selling them online.

Sounds like it, according to the guys in the sponsor forum. They wouldn't want to bother risking anything esp with this big ass recall already.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #1,128 of 22,116
I'm getting anxious for my HE-400s. I miss that bass. I think I'm gonna get an HD600 headband pad and some DT990 earpads for them... Then the Q-Audio cable........... well there goes $500

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #1,132 of 22,116
Quote:
You'll have to get in line and take a number on the Q cable though. There are many waiting...

I have no problem waiting to spend another $500 on headphone-related things.

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,133 of 22,116

Quote:
Within the next two days, I will have in my possession...wait for it....wait...lcd2r2 bamboo. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Every so often Matt, your country will call upon you for a great service. And when you receive that call, you must be prepared to commit yourself, body and soul, to civic duty. That's right, tonight good old Uncle Headphone calls upon you to write a comprehensive review comparing the Lcd2 and the He400. Yes, yes: we all know the Lcd2 is undoubtedly the better can, but someone needs to post the definitive review, you know, for the sake of posterity, for the sake of our first amendment rights, and, ahem, for the sake of curious chumps like me. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,134 of 22,116
Quote:
Within the next two days, I will have in my possession...wait for it....wait...lcd2r2 bamboo. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah, I didn't buy them. They are on loan from another head-fier here in Atlanta. I'll have to give up my hd650's to get the audition, but it will be worth it. I have waited a long, long time to hear the lcd series.

I have been doing my neck exercises all week in anticipation of the big day. 
gs1000.gif
 Time to fire up the lyr and time crank up some old school kick it to the curb hard hittin' bass lines. (did that sound really cheesy? don't care) Can the lcd deliver? We shall see...

If you are planning do do some detailed impressions or comparisons with them, do set your mentality to be as objective as possible. Don't let hype or anti-hype consume you with biases, approach it neutrally.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,135 of 22,116
Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah, I didn't buy them. They are on loan from another head-fier here in Atlanta. I'll have to give up my hd650's to get the audition, but it will be worth it. I have waited a long, long time to hear the lcd series.

I have been doing my neck exercises all week in anticipation of the big day. 
gs1000.gif
 Time to fire up the lyr and time crank up some old school kick it to the curb hard hittin' bass lines. (did that sound really cheesy? don't care) Can the lcd deliver? We shall see...

your 400s were brought to life more with the lyr so keep that in mind before stomping on the lesser cans :p

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #1,136 of 22,116
Did you guys get an email from hifiman saying they received your headphones?

USPS said my package was delivered on the 12th but I have yet to receive an email from hifiman :frowning2:

I guess all I can do is wait for them to email me. Ms. T said I'll get an email when they received and documented the package.

This waiting really sucks. I wish I had ordered the he-400 after the recall lol

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #1,137 of 22,116
Of course I will post some impressions of the lcd. It will probably be Sunday or Monday as I won't have it till Saturday afternoon. I had hoped to try one with Veagan pads but I believe that it has the leather. It will be the bamboo which I was hoping for to make it a bit lighter. The weight is really the only reason that I haven't given these a try. How great would it be if Audeze came out with an lcd2.75 that was slimmed down in the same way?

I have shamelessly begged and pleaded to get this audition with the lcd2 to help out the people...the common man, who longs to know...is it worth a thousand bills? 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #1,138 of 22,116
Quote:
Of course I will post some impressions of the lcd. It will probably be Sunday or Monday as I won't have it till Saturday afternoon. I had hoped to try one with Veagan pads but I believe that it has the leather. It will be the bamboo which I was hoping for to make it a bit lighter. The weight is really the only reason that I haven't given these a try. How great would it be if Audeze came out with an lcd2.75 that was slimmed down in the same way?

I have shamelessly begged and pleaded to get this audition with the lcd2 to help out the people...the common man, who longs to know...is it worth a thousand bills? 
rolleyes.gif

Wow, HD650 for less than a month and already moving onto LCD-2....don't get too spoiled
biggrin.gif

But, of course, it all makes sense....you're doing it to help the little people....the fellow head-fier....for their sake you shall take upon yourself the burden of playing with someone else's kilobuck toy....we admire your bravery and dedication!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back