**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,111 of 22,116
Quote:
Also, I think I'm getting a 2.5m french silk cable from Q-Audio and getting 2 adapters from Moon Audio, one Sennheiser 2pin -> male mini-XLR (like the LCD-X) for my HD600s and one HiFiMAN coax -> male mini-XLR. The cable is $300 and the adapters plus shipping are going to run me $160. Am I an idiot 
confused.gif

Well.... At least you're not buying 1 cable for each headphone.
biggrin.gif

Still waiting on my Q cable that I ordered last week. Anyone know how long they take to ship out? Is it really usually around 10 days?

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #1,112 of 22,116
Yes, but you have to translate that into dog years. So quick math...about one month. 
biggrin.gif
 Just kidding. Hey Steve Eddy, you know I love you man!! Sometimes you have to wait for quality. 
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #1,114 of 22,116
IcedTea, email phonesupport@head-direct.com and ask about it.

Matt, I'm not ordering yet. I've been emailing with Steve (the owner guy) and he says the french silk is still on its way. He told me 10-14 days or so. So I'm just waiting until it's definitely ready to go, that way I have more time to ponder my purchase. The adapters from Moon Audio are freaking expensive, too... Steve @ Q said his adapters for the HiFiMAN are only gonna be like $30, but won't be ready for a few weeks. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO MUCH WAITING

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #1,115 of 22,116
Hot damn; just ordered from their eBay account a couple of days ago; didn't realise the used FedEx/UPS Express.

Gonna have them in 3-5 days rather than 2-3 weeks -drool-

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,117 of 22,116
Quote:
What is your status on the Q Cable. I have been waiting anxiously for the past three weeks...

Heh, your wait is as long as mine was!  I suppose M'bwebwee's order took priority again....  And someone may have been pestering him with other stuff too....
redface.gif

Quote:
Well.... At least you're not buying 1 cable for each headphone.
biggrin.gif

Still waiting on my Q cable that I ordered last week. Anyone know how long they take to ship out? Is it really usually around 10 days?

AFAIK, the silk was in low supply and awaiting more, plus Steve's just short on time with a lot of orders, switching over to the new adapters instead of direct termination, and getting his new amp closer to production so things have been backed up more than usual I think.  I would give it 3-4 weeks probably for the moment. 

The good news is its worth it....well I haven't seen the new ones with the adapters for HFM, mine was among the last directly connected HFM cables I think...but that cable has spoiled me in terms of ergonomics, and I may be getting another for HD800 once production/inventory stablizes a bit
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,118 of 22,116
Quote:

Heh, your wait is as long as mine was!  I suppose M'bwebwee's order took priority again....  And someone may have been pestering him with other stuff too....
redface.gif

AFAIK, the silk was in low supply and awaiting more, plus Steve's just short on time with a lot of orders, switching over to the new adapters instead of direct termination, and getting his new amp closer to production so things have been backed up more than usual I think.  I would give it 3-4 weeks probably for the moment. 

The good news is its worth it....well I haven't seen the new ones with the adapters for HFM, mine was among the last directly connected HFM cables I think...but that cable has spoiled me in terms of ergonomics, and I may be getting another for HD800 once production/inventory stablizes a bit
biggrin.gif

I believe mine is going to be directly terminated with the HFM style.

Sucks that I have to wait so long though
frown.gif
. Oh well, not like I'm in a hurry to get it.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,120 of 22,116
Quote:
I want to buy a desktop dac for around $150 already have an amp that I am happy with
Have the HE400 do not want a dac amp just a dac has to work off my iPad doc
Please help

Any DACs that will work with your iPad are very costly. Get the ODAC from JDSLabs. It's a great DAC for a great price. It doesn't work with iDevices, but it's great if you already have an amp like the E11. http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46

Get the one with the RCA outputs, you'll thank me eventually.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,121 of 22,116
Matt where you at?...lol

What is the final verdict with these phones?  Rev. 1,2,3,4,or 5?

If I order let's say in a few weeks what will I receive from Amazon, Drew, or Head-Direct?

Have they sorted out the stock yet?  After reading for so long it is getting a bit confusing.  I'm really interested in these phones.  After listening to the HE-500s a few weeks ago the HE-400s have me interested.  Not that I did not like the 500s, I loved them, but with all the phones I own, 700 beans on another headphone is not going to happen, so the 400s are in my sights.

Cheers!!!

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #1,122 of 22,116
I have swapped several emails today with Drew at moon audio. They are have ordered the replacement stock and are expecting the tracking info any day. I have already ordered from him and will update when I know something. 

gL!!

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #1,123 of 22,116
Quote:
Matt where you at?...lol

What is the final verdict with these phones?  Rev. 1,2,3,4,or 5?

If I order let's say in a few weeks what will I receive from Amazon, Drew, or Head-Direct?

Have they sorted out the stock yet?  After reading for so long it is getting a bit confusing.  I'm really interested in these phones.  After listening to the HE-500s a few weeks ago the HE-400s have me interested.  Not that I did not like the 500s, I loved them, but with all the phones I own, 700 beans on another headphone is not going to happen, so the 400s are in my sights.

Cheers!!!

Rev 2, that's pretty much the final revision now that will go on forever. Rev 3 was designed so manufacturing HE400 was easier, but it caused bad peaks in the treble so Hifiman stopped making them that way. Rev 1 was only a few hundred units made back in January this year that were mostly defective or ticking time-bombs so they are irrelevant.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #1,124 of 22,116
Quote:
Rev 2, that's pretty much the final revision now that will go on forever. Rev 3 was designed so manufacturing HE400 was easier, but it caused bad peaks in the treble so Hifiman stopped making them that way. Rev 1 was only a few hundred units made back in January this year that were mostly defective or ticking time-bombs so they are irrelevant.

You really think they will use rev2 for a really long time? They were obviously trying to make it better or easier to manufacture, hopefully they do find a build that sounds just as good but they test it more thoroughly before selling them online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back