**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #19,006 of 22,116
So after wearing these headphones for the past day and half, I'm noticing what feels like pressure on the left side that is causing discomfort in my cheek and jaw. Any want to fix this?

Since it has not been stated and I don't want to assume the obvious, if clamping is the culprit, there is a steel band in the headband you can flex outward a few times to remove some of the clamping or pressure.

I own the pleather, velour, and focus-a pads. I found the velour to be the least comfortable. The padding is stiffer out of the three. The focus-a pads are in use now and they are so comfy. It is unlikely I will ever install the others unless I am testing--one of these days I am going to build a measuring device w/a mic.

If not helpful, apologies.

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #19,007 of 22,116
Since it has not been stated and I don't want to assume the obvious, if clamping is the culprit, there is a steel band in the headband you can flex outward a few times to remove some of the clamping or pressure.

I own the pleather, velour, and focus-a pads. I found the velour to be the least comfortable. The padding is stiffer out of the three. The focus-a pads are in use now and they are so comfy. It is unlikely I will ever install the others unless I am testing--one of these days I am going to build a measuring device w/a mic.

If not helpful, apologies.

Oh no I appreciate the help. The Focus-A pads were on my to buy list. Just have to decide between them and the Fulla right now.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #19,009 of 22,116
For earpad comfort. velour pads are stiffer but they are more breathable so your ears dont get really hot and sweaty like with the pleathers.

Focus pads combine the best of both worlds with velour interior and leather everywhere else. focus pads are less stiff than the velours as well.

No, the HE400 does not nirnally come with a carrying pouch.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #19,010 of 22,116
Mine did.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #19,011 of 22,116
For earpad comfort. velour pads are stiffer but they are more breathable so your ears dont get really hot and sweaty like with the pleathers.

Focus pads combine the best of both worlds with velour interior and leather everywhere else. focus pads are less stiff than the velours as well.

No, the HE400 does not nirnally come with a carrying pouch.

Mine did.

So, I'm guessing some of them come with them and some don't?

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #19,012 of 22,116
So, I'm guessing some of them come with them and some don't?

you know what, they might actually come with a carrying pouch. i dont rly rmb. i wld have to check to see. im kinda a hoarder & never throw anything away so if it did, i wlda left it in the box.

I think ArmandHammer bought the demo version+travel case combo from hifiman though, so may be different than what usually comes standard with the he400s.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #19,013 of 22,116
you know what, they might actually come with a carrying pouch. i dont rly rmb. i wld have to check to see. im kinda a hoarder & never throw anything away so if it did, i wlda left it in the box.

I think ArmandHammer bought the demo version+travel case combo from hifiman though, so may be different than what usually comes standard with the he400s.

Ah, I see. Well, I guess I'll just cover mine with some kind of cloth. lol

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #19,014 of 22,116

I did. Mine came with a black velour pouch and the hard case which is really nice BTW.

On another note....I'm starting to like the X2's a little better. Not sure if it's the headphones burning in or my brain burning in but those mids are just so nice. I miss that top end sparkle/detail I get from the HE-400 but sometimes the 400's feel kinda flat. Not sure that's the right word. Just not very musical. I was just using them to listen to my favorite Dave Matthews album, Live at Luther College and I was really missing something. Just sounded off. Switched over to the X2's and there it is...the missing mids. Still excited to see what the velour pads bring to the table. Hoping they get here soon.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #19,015 of 22,116

You are correct the HE-400 retail comes with a black felt bag. Looking at mine now, for I use it to transport my T50RP to and from work.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #19,016 of 22,116
I wish more headphones came with a case or pouch. Of all the headphones I've had...which really hasn't been that many, only three have came with any sort of protection and one really doesn't count. The HE-400 has the pouch and case (case only comes through the demo deal on Head-Direct), my Fischers came with a nice protective case, and the one that doesn't count is my Sony wireless headset for my PS4. Actually, I think my cheapy Koss PortaPros even have a pouch.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #19,017 of 22,116

You are correct the HE-400 retail comes with a black felt bag. Looking at mine now, for I use it to transport my T50RP to and from work.

Dang, I guess that's what I get for buying used...

I wish more headphones came with a case or pouch. Of all the headphones I've had...which really hasn't been that many, only three have came with any sort of protection and one really doesn't count. The HE-400 has the pouch and case (case only comes through the demo deal on Head-Direct), my Fischers came with a nice protective case, and the one that doesn't count is my Sony wireless headset for my PS4. Actually, I think my cheapy Koss PortaPros even have a pouch.

Same. My HD598 didn't come with a pouch, either. I sorta don't care my Sony wireless headset, though. lol

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #19,018 of 22,116

Hey, ArmAndHammer guess what I got? Just wanted to let you guys know that I recieved my HE-400s and Fidelio X2s today. I've been listening to them almost nonstop since I got home from work...it's been a long day and I'm not even fully awake while typeing this, but I will post my impressions tommorow so you guys will have another opinion to take in. There aren't many comparisons being done between the X2's and HE-400s right now, so the more info the better at this point.

L3000.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #19,019 of 22,116
Damn it...I want to see what you think NOW!!!! lol

Seriously, awesome....can't wait to see your thoughts. I'm still very on the fence. As soon as I think I am liking one over the other I find a song that flip flops everything. Like I was listening to some DMB a bit ago through the 400's and it was meh. Threw the X2's on and awesome. Now I'm listening to some Sia with the 400's and they are just WOW! Haven't tried the X2's with her yet.

I just wish I could keep both. Once you get a little time with yours, we'll have to post up some songs and both listen to them and post up thoughts on each.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #19,020 of 22,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back