**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Dec 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #18,481 of 22,116
I can't even believe this, I mean wow. These headphones are astounding.Just when I think I am used to the amazing quality and clarity of these headphones something else will stop me in my tracks(heh) and make me go "wow". Best.decision.ever.

Dec 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #18,482 of 22,116
The FocusPads have a HD650 effect, where it really puts down the harsh treble, but at the same time you hear more in the music. Does anyone have the frequency graph of the focus pads with the he-400s? How the hell did Hifiman achieve this, haha!

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #18,486 of 22,116
I owned the HE-400 and velours a while back, but the improvement over the pleathers wasn't enough for me to hang on to them after a while. With the $200 sale, I thought it was worth it to invest in the Focus A pads and give these another shot. It would be nice if they improved mids a bit, but all I really need are more comfort and a less harsh treble.

wait a minute, i thought there was only piercing treble when they had that recall two years ago?!!  are you saying i will still experience ear bleeding highs?

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #18,487 of 22,116
wait a minute, i thought there was only piercing treble when they had that recall two years ago?!!  are you saying i will still experience ear bleeding highs?

I have no idea about either. I had my pair over two years ago, don't know which revision. Ended up selling them. Just ordered them again but with FocusPads now that they exist. Haven't received either yet, so I'll see about the treble soon.

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #18,490 of 22,116
Am I the only one from the $200 deal that got an email from Moon Audio saying that they oversold?

Nope, I got one, too. Bit of a screw-up on their part I must say. They offered $100 off if I opted for the HE-400i, but that would still make it double the price of the HE-400 deal. Not interested in spending another $400 on headphones, I signed up to get a great pair for $200. Disappointed.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #18,491 of 22,116
Nope, I got one, too. Bit of a screw-up on their part I must say. They offered $100 off if I opted for the HE-400i, but that would still make it double the price of the HE-400 deal. Not interested in spending another $400 on headphones, I signed up to get a great pair for $200. Disappointed.

I just hope they didn't oversell too bad. I'm still hoping that they manage to get some more shipments from Hifiman and that the oversell was by a small margin-wishful thinking, but what can you do. I'd be all over that 400i if they made an apologetic deal of $350 or maybe even $300, but I can't see that happening. What really sucks though is that either way everyone has to wait, and it especially sucks for me since my last pair is broken and I have nothing else to listen to in the meantime. Not too impressed.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #18,492 of 22,116
Thanks, I'm hoping it will be a success. One way or another, I'm gonna make these puppies more comfortable this time around.

You guys might want to try one of these for incredible comfort.........member named Lohb makes these and they sort of replicate the type of hanger from the new HFM phones. I have this on my HE-6.

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #18,493 of 22,116
I just hope they didn't oversell too bad. I'm still hoping that they manage to get some more shipments from Hifiman and that the oversell was by a small margin-wishful thinking, but what can you do. I'd be all over that 400i if they made an apologetic deal of $350 or maybe even $300, but I can't see that happening. What really sucks though is that either way everyone has to wait, and it especially sucks for me since my last pair is broken and I have nothing else to listen to in the meantime. Not too impressed.

I've never shopped with them before. But at least they're trying to fulfill the orders. A lot of places would either just offer to discount a different in stock product or just say "oh well". I'm guessing the $100 off has to do with difference in price between the HE-400 at HiFiMANs store ($299) and the Moon sale price ($199).

We'll see how it goes..

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #18,494 of 22,116
I've never shopped with them before. But at least they're trying to fulfill the orders. A lot of places would either just offer to discount a different in stock product or just say "oh well". I'm guessing the $100 off has to do with difference in price between the HE-400 at HiFiMANs store ($299) and the Moon sale price ($199).

We'll see how it goes..

Looks like they're refunding until further notice. Cross your fingers and pray because it doesn't seem too likely at this point.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #18,495 of 22,116
Looks like they're refunding until further notice. Cross your fingers and pray because it doesn't seem too likely at this point.

Huh, I haven't gotten any further update either way. Oh well, worst case is that I'll end up $238 richer!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back