Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #38 of 4,142
it's all a bit confusing to me.
i guess this is Fang's version of a portable HE-5LE...
He takes away half the magnets from the HE-5LE, gets rid of the XLR plug, and sells it for cheaper as the HE-4.

so...  it's probably twice as hard to drive...

if anyone has further info, please let me know so that i can stop scratching my head....

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #39 of 4,142
Not at all. HE-4 is only 1db less sensitive than HE-5, and EF5 and most HE-5LE amps can drive HE-4 very well. Jude has a pair HE-4 review sample in hand. Pls PM him and ask.

Quote:

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 5, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #40 of 4,142

Nankai, how about you?
Have you tried it?
Please share your impression on it. =)
Quote:
Not at all. HE-4 is only 1db less sensitive than HE-5, and EF5 and most HE-5LE amps can drive HE-4 very well. Jude has a pair HE-4 review sample in hand. Pls PM him and ask.

Quote:

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #44 of 4,142

As a MOT, I don't think he is allowed to state impressions of his own product.
Quote:
Nankai, how about you?
Have you tried it?
Please share your impression on it. =)
Quote:

Quote:

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #45 of 4,142

Quote:
Would any of these orthos be a good match with my bottlhead crack?  I am very interested in the HE-4 and HE-5LE.

At least on paper, this is not a very good match-up.  The Crack is designed for higher-impedance, higher sensitivity headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back