HiFiMan HE-300 Coming Soon!
Aug 11, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #241 of 926

Quote:
Ouch sorry to hear that. You can't glue it yourself right? Since that will void the warranty.

Mine's a review sample, so I don't have a warranty.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #242 of 926

Quote:
After spending quite some time with the HE-300, I must admit that this headphone is really impressive. The sound signature is really easy to like, and you get drawn into the music. The comfort let's you do so for many, many hours. You forget they are even there due to the same comfort. It has it's lowlights, but the highlights outnumbers them.

Yep, disliked them at first, but like them a lot more a lot now. The cable is very annoying though.

EDIT. Awesome, found a cable I like!

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #243 of 926

Quote:
After spending quite some time with the HE-300, I must admit that this headphone is really impressive. The sound signature is really easy to like, and you get drawn into the music. The comfort let's you do so for many, many hours. You forget they are even there due to the same comfort. It has it's lowlights, but the highlights outnumbers them.

Hello hagen. How does it compare to He-500? I'm looking to buy one of these. Looking for good midrange and musicality. Thanks

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #244 of 926

Quote:
Hello hagen. How does it compare to He-500? I'm looking to buy one of these. Looking for good midrange and musicality. Thanks

The HE-300's are all about musicality and have a smooth midrange.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #245 of 926
Well this sucks! I only hear out of one ear-cup now, it's the cable cable, I have to hold it in a specific spot to get both drivers to work! Looks like I'll be needing a replacement.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #246 of 926

Quote:
The HE-300's are all about musicality and have a smooth midrange.

Thanks Austin. I had HD600 before. Do you think this could be an improvement?

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #247 of 926

Thank you for your impressions! Could you elaborate on the HE-300's shortcomings?
And outnumber doesn't always = outweigh. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #248 of 926

True.
Quote:
And outnumber doesn't always = outweigh. 

I'll spend the weekend for critical listen to the HE-300 and using K702 and HE-500 as benchmark. Will revert. I need to take my time, cause it is easy to conclude too early. Shortcommings? Well here's two: They are so light that they are perceived flimsy compared to the HE-500. If you have a small head, they might not just fit. There is something with the bass I need to pursue to see if it is a shortcomming, or not. More to follow.

@ Austin M: I bought aftermarket to the HE-500/300 from Q Audio (Steve Eddy here on HF). That cable was a perfect match to the LCD-2s, and it is just like "air". You forget it's even there.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #249 of 926
So far the HE-300 sounds like a direct competitor to the HD 650/600. Could it be a "HD 650/600 killer?" haha

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #250 of 926
The HD600 and HD650 sound quite different so I wouldn't categorize the two the same way.

It's too bad about the cable Austin Morrow. Hopefully you can find a fast solution to this. It looks like the HE-300 will have to wait a bit longer. I impulse bought a headphone (well I will as soon as I pay) and they cost a bit less than the HE-300 so I'll wait a bit longer and by then there should be plenty of impressions on these which can prompt my purchase.

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #251 of 926

Quote:

True.

I'll spend the weekend for critical listen to the HE-300 and using K702 and HE-500 as benchmark. Will revert. I need to take my time, cause it is easy to conclude too early. Shortcommings? Well here's two: They are so light that they are perceived flimsy compared to the HE-500. If you have a small head, they might not just fit. There is something with the bass I need to pursue to see if it is a shortcomming, or not. More to follow.

@ Austin M: I bought aftermarket to the HE-500/300 from Q Audio (Steve Eddy here on HF). That cable was a perfect match to the LCD-2s, and it is just like "air". You forget it's even there.

I'm especially interested in comparisons to the K702. I actually just bought myself a pair (of K702s) earlier this week. So far I'm on the fence. Not really sure how I feel about them, though I'm trying to get some burn-in time before I really judge them. There is a good chance I'll put them up in the For Sale/Trade and snatch up the Hifimans.

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #252 of 926
Wow. The HE-300 seems somewhat unappreciated. That's a real mistake. 
blink.gif

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #254 of 926
I wasn't targeting you Austin M.

I was thinking of the "DT770 crowd". On Sunday, two of us will be exchanging the HE-300 and the DT700 to compare notes...

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #255 of 926
They are still quite new so not too many people have heard them. Also some people may be waiting for the new pads to be released so that could also be a reason why not too many people have bought them.

I bought a headphone recently but no worries since I'll be buying them soon enough...just need to recover a bit from an impulse buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back