Hifiman Ananda
Sep 6, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #4,921 of 4,994
I didn’t resist i place an order for Nano🤭

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #4,922 of 4,994
I didn’t resist i place an order for Nano🤭
I struggled a couple of days ago between pulling the trigger on the Nano or an open-box Arya Stealth -- I went for the Stealth but I am still curious about the Nano. I have the original Ananda and think it's quite a headphone already.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #4,923 of 4,994
Wich 4.4 cable should I buy for Ananda Nano?

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #4,924 of 4,994
Sep 7, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #4,925 of 4,994
Did anyone try Tripowin GranVia on Ananda Nano?

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #4,926 of 4,994
Does anyone know if it's possible to add some kind of foam insert to the Ananda to tame the brightness a bit? I might experiment with this when I have time. Similar to what Dan Clark does on their headphones to tame the treble response using a piece of felt or foam.
Have you tried the dekoni pads? They definitely bring down the highs a bit

Sep 9, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #4,927 of 4,994
FYI the Ananda Stealth is 400 on Hifiman's website and Amazon for a new pair, just thought I would let you all know, amazing headphones, probably my favorite and a ridiculous steal of a price for a headphone that good! if I didn't already have them and was trying to choose between the Stealth and Nano that would make my decision for me in my heartbeat!

Sep 9, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #4,928 of 4,994
Since I owned the Ananda BTs for a little while, I may as well provide my thoughts. In terms of sound, they are basically identical, however, one big thing is that you basically cannot eq. Also, despite the presence of a microphone, you basically cannot use it, as it ruins the sound quality due to some Bluetooth signal stuff. Headband is also noticeably stiff, due to the cable I believe. Battery life lasts enough for a complete day of usage, though you cannot replace it. Personally contacted Hifiman, they said that a replacement would be 350 USD from Australia, though you can directly trade it in for their higher end headphones such as the Arya and he1000 (v2) for 500 and 950 respectively, as long as you have all the stuff. If you are willing to live with the impending death of these headphones, the convenience of no cables or amplification is quite amazing.

Sep 12, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #4,929 of 4,994
I received my Ananda Nano this morning, really enjoying them. However, I was switching the pads out for my Dekoni Elite Velour pads I have (and previously used on my EXS). I rotated the cups around a bi.t so I could change them and the metal yokes have scratched some of the silver paint off the cup where its made contact. Really annoying and disappointing, as I'd only had them in my possession for 10 minutes or so.

So to anyone looking to change the pads on theirs, be careful as they will catch on the metal when rotating them and it doesn't seem to take a lot for the paint to scratch off.
Did anyone try Tripowin GranVia on Ananda Nano?

That's the cable I use on mine. I had bought it for my EXS, but since they've now been sold, I'm using it on my Nano's. Its a nice cable and cheap too. Feels really nice and soft.

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #4,930 of 4,994
I received my Ananda Nano this morning, really enjoying them. However, I was switching the pads out for my Dekoni Elite Velour pads I have (and previously used on my EXS). I rotated the cups around a bi.t so I could change them and the metal yokes have scratched some of the silver paint off the cup where its made contact. Really annoying and disappointing, as I'd only had them in my possession for 10 minutes or so.

So to anyone looking to change the pads on theirs, be careful as they will catch on the metal when rotating them and it doesn't seem to take a lot for the pain to scratch off.

That's the cable I use on mine. I had bought it for my EXS, but since they've now been sold, I'm using it on my Nano's. Its a nice cable and cheap too. Feels really nice and soft.
Oh sorry to hear it, i received mine with light scratches and a small mark too, i wrote to Hifiman on friday, the same day i received it but i didn't get an asnwer back yet.
This morning i've ordered GranVia because i don't want to wait too long for ddhifi BC150b i didn't find in EU stores.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #4,931 of 4,994
Oh sorry to hear it, i received mine with light scratches and a small mark too, i wrote to Hifiman on friday, the same day i received it but i didn't get an asnwer back yet.
This morning i've ordered GranVia because i don't want to wait too long for ddhifi BC150b i didn't find in EU stores.
That sucks. Are the marks on yours bad?

The worst thing about mine is I caused them myself 😩. I could’ve said they turned up like that and looked to get a replacement, but I’m not that type of person - to be dishonest. I have to just take it on the chin and learn to be more careful in future.

In the grand scheme of things it’s only very minor scratches. It’s just sad to cause it on the very first day of owning them!

The cable is nice for the price. It feels like a very large shoe lace! I really like it.

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #4,932 of 4,994

So to anyone looking to change the pads on theirs, be careful as they will catch on the metal when rotating them and it doesn't seem to take a lot for the paint to scratch off.

How do the Elite Velour pads sound on your Nano? I tried my Nano with the Elite Fenestrated which I liked at first, but after my nano broke in, the sound signature changed a bit and now it sounds worse with the fenestrated. Wondering if anyone else had tried any other pads (dekoni or others) and if so which ones?

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #4,933 of 4,994
Since I owned the Ananda BTs for a little while, I may as well provide my thoughts. In terms of sound, they are basically identical, however, one big thing is that you basically cannot eq. Also, despite the presence of a microphone, you basically cannot use it, as it ruins the sound quality due to some Bluetooth signal stuff. Headband is also noticeably stiff, due to the cable I believe. Battery life lasts enough for a complete day of usage, though you cannot replace it. Personally contacted Hifiman, they said that a replacement would be 350 USD from Australia, though you can directly trade it in for their higher end headphones such as the Arya and he1000 (v2) for 500 and 950 respectively, as long as you have all the stuff. If you are willing to live with the impending death of these headphones, the convenience of no cables or amplification is quite amazing.
That's good information. I have one too. Do you know how long battery will last if i use it for a couple of hours a day. Thanks

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #4,934 of 4,994
How do the Elite Velour pads sound on your Nano? I tried my Nano with the Elite Fenestrated which I liked at first, but after my nano broke in, the sound signature changed a bit and now it sounds worse with the fenestrated. Wondering if anyone else had tried any other pads (dekoni or others) and if so which ones?
To my ears, it just takes a slight edge off the treble and adds a little more to the low end.

The biggest benefit for me is, they’re considerably comfier to use over the stock pads.

Sep 12, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #4,935 of 4,994
That's good information. I have one too. Do you know how long battery will last if i use it for a couple of hours a day. Thanks
I bought mine used from someone in Japan who had maintained it well, said he charged it every day or two to preserve battery life. It was a 2021 model and I could get perhaps 8 hours of use out of it, so I'm guessing somewhere around that area. Still don't know whether it will last long term though, but I'm guessing use time will decrease by an hour per year based on my unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back