Hifiman Ananda
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #4,936 of 4,987
I bought mine used from someone in Japan who had maintained it well, said he charged it every day or two to preserve battery life. It was a 2021 model and I could get perhaps 8 hours of use out of it, so I'm guessing somewhere around that area. Still don't know whether it will last long term though, but I'm guessing use time will decrease by an hour per year based on my unit.
Thanks . That helps

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #4,937 of 4,987
Hi, now this is abot 400€, do you recommend it? I have hyperx orbit (audeze mobius rebranding), grado hemp and hd 6xx. I like all three of them but I d like to listen a planar headphones opened back

Sep 16, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #4,938 of 4,987
Hi, now this is abot 400€, do you recommend it? I have hyperx orbit (audeze mobius rebranding), grado hemp and hd 6xx. I like all three of them but I d like to listen a planar headphones opened back
A few years ago I bought them directly from Hifiman when they started to offer huge discounts on open box items. My daily driver was (and still is actually) the Elear with Clear pads (so basically Elex). The Ananda is smoother, especially in the highs, has a larger soundstage, extends a bit deeper, and is certainly more balanced sounding. What the Ananda lacks is raw resolution (Elear/Elex is sounds a bit more detailed) and punch (Focals have very good dynamics). Funny that the Ananda requires a bit more juice despite the higher official sensitivity. Since I mostly listen to metal, I ended up keeping the Elear for the much better punch, but I consider the Ananda the better headphones overall.

Ananda for 400€ is certainly outstanding value. In your case, I'd consider getting it. The HD6xx might cover your needs for relatively neutral sounding headphones, but the Ananda comes without the infamous 650 veil, better at imaging, and I also prefer the tonality. The HD6xx's scale extremely well with amps, so depending on your setup and preferences, you might consider Ananda a big step up, or a sidestep too. Open back Focals sound more different to me, imo the Clear being the obvious upgrade on your current lineup.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #4,939 of 4,987
You know a headphone is amazing when you pick it over the Focal Clear OG/MG, Audeze LCD-X 2021/M500, Meze 109 Pro, Senn HD800s, Hifiman Ananda line and others. Also the dynamic slam is impressive. But even the dynamics in the mids amd treble are amazing. This can result in a sense of soundstage being smaller. But nope, the soundstage is the largest of the Ananda line and defs larger than the Focals, Meze 109 pro and Audeze LCD-X/M500. I've heard people mention the low end being bloated? I don't hear any bloat at all. There is atleast a 3db elevation on the mid bass over the sub but defs no bloat. It's some of the most detailed, cleanest and clearest low end I heard with amazing separation between sub and mid bass. What it could be is the dynamics being more intense with the combo of the mid bass elevation giving a sense of more low end impact. But defs no bloat. It's like what Focal does. The dynamics give a sense of extra punch and the quieter and louder sounds really pop. This can make vocals sound more forward, same with instruments and other sounds. At first listen, I defs felt the Ananda Nano had a bigger soundstage than the Focals, on par with the Ananda line and more depth and height compared to the Meze 109 pro but the 109 pro had more width. I was a little dissapointed. But as I tried more music, this wasn't the case. And hands down, the Ananda Nano has the largest staging of the headphones I've compared only beaten by the Arya line and Senn HD800s. When it comes to detail, this things is wild. High up there with the HD800s and Audeze M500, some times even surpasses them. It's a hyper detailed headphone. Too much detail even, but I love it. Mids are forward, crystal clear and again very detailed. No problems here. Treble is very sparkly, forward, and again a lot of detail. This headphone is a detail monster. It scales with better gear, making the treble more smoother. But tubes for me are the way to go. A hybrid, tube amp, or solid state with a tube pre amp makes a world of difference. Low end gains more texture and grunt. Mids become lusher and more life like. Treble smoothens out yet keeping the detail. Soundstage become ethereal, simple huge with the Ananda Nano. It's planar endgame. I do understand one thing though. The timbre. It's not the most natural sounding headphone I have heard. That goes to ZMF. But it's not bad at all. It's strange. I wouldn't call it metalic. But more that there is too much info being presented. Yes all that detail is awesome, I needed a hyper detailed headphone in my collection. It's intense, fun, in your face. Insane clarity. But when you want to relax, it's too much to handle. Guitars strings, you can hear the reverb so clearly, even more. Vocals, you hear breaths, saliva and lips smack at times. It's like hearing a person speak to you. You can hear them clearly, but way to clearly. You hear there lips smacking, the teeth touching, you hear them breathing. It's hyper detailed. Yes it can be fun to hear. But if you want to relax or after a long day at work, it's a bit much. But when you want to rock out and sent into a land of make believe. The Ananda Nano does it, and it does it amazingly. With tubes, it's planar endgame. The only nitpicks I have is build. While they improved it and made it a little more sturdy. For $200 more, Hifiman if you read this. Metal cups, and the headband of the Arya or He1000 line. People would pay that little extra. But the colur way of the Ananda Nano is gorgeous so great job there. But the sound? 🥵 damn!!!!. To say, I'd pay double or a little more is a massive compliment. Hifiman have outdone themselves. I'll write a proper review in a few weeks time. Get to really know the Ananda Nano and do some tube rolling and try out other gear. But how do I feel about them? Freaking amazing. Havukruunu Uinuos Syomein Sota. A viking black metal album. Truly superb. Loving them 😁👍

Sep 24, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #4,940 of 4,987
You know a headphone is amazing when you pick it over the Focal Clear OG/MG, Audeze LCD-X 2021/M500, Meze 109 Pro, Senn HD800s, Hifiman Ananda line and others. Also the dynamic slam is impressive. But even the dynamics in the mids amd treble are amazing. This can result in a sense of soundstage being smaller. But nope, the soundstage is the largest of the Ananda line and defs larger than the Focals, Meze 109 pro and Audeze LCD-X/M500. I've heard people mention the low end being bloated? I don't hear any bloat at all. There is atleast a 3db elevation on the mid bass over the sub but defs no bloat. It's some of the most detailed, cleanest and clearest low end I heard with amazing separation between sub and mid bass. What it could be is the dynamics being more intense with the combo of the mid bass elevation giving a sense of more low end impact. But defs no bloat. It's like what Focal does. The dynamics give a sense of extra punch and the quieter and louder sounds really pop. This can make vocals sound more forward, same with instruments and other sounds. At first listen, I defs felt the Ananda Nano had a bigger soundstage than the Focals, on par with the Ananda line and more depth and height compared to the Meze 109 pro but the 109 pro had more width. I was a little dissapointed. But as I tried more music, this wasn't the case. And hands down, the Ananda Nano has the largest staging of the headphones I've compared only beaten by the Arya line and Senn HD800s. When it comes to detail, this things is wild. High up there with the HD800s and Audeze M500, some times even surpasses them. It's a hyper detailed headphone. Too much detail even, but I love it. Mids are forward, crystal clear and again very detailed. No problems here. Treble is very sparkly, forward, and again a lot of detail. This headphone is a detail monster. It scales with better gear, making the treble more smoother. But tubes for me are the way to go. A hybrid, tube amp, or solid state with a tube pre amp makes a world of difference. Low end gains more texture and grunt. Mids become lusher and more life like. Treble smoothens out yet keeping the detail. Soundstage become ethereal, simple huge with the Ananda Nano. It's planar endgame. I do understand one thing though. The timbre. It's not the most natural sounding headphone I have heard. That goes to ZMF. But it's not bad at all. It's strange. I wouldn't call it metalic. But more that there is too much info being presented. Yes all that detail is awesome, I needed a hyper detailed headphone in my collection. It's intense, fun, in your face. Insane clarity. But when you want to relax, it's too much to handle. Guitars strings, you can hear the reverb so clearly, even more. Vocals, you hear breaths, saliva and lips smack at times. It's like hearing a person speak to you. You can hear them clearly, but way to clearly. You hear there lips smacking, the teeth touching, you hear them breathing. It's hyper detailed. Yes it can be fun to hear. But if you want to relax or after a long day at work, it's a bit much. But when you want to rock out and sent into a land of make believe. The Ananda Nano does it, and it does it amazingly. With tubes, it's planar endgame. The only nitpicks I have is build. While they improved it and made it a little more sturdy. For $200 more, Hifiman if you read this. Metal cups, and the headband of the Arya or He1000 line. People would pay that little extra. But the colur way of the Ananda Nano is gorgeous so great job there. But the sound? 🥵 damn!!!!. To say, I'd pay double or a little more is a massive compliment. Hifiman have outdone themselves. I'll write a proper review in a few weeks time. Get to really know the Ananda Nano and do some tube rolling and try out other gear. But how do I feel about them? Freaking amazing. Havukruunu Uinuos Syomein Sota. A viking black metal album. Truly superb. Loving them 😁👍

Best thoughts about the Nano I have ready so far. I am using a tube hybrid amp for my Nano, too..

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #4,941 of 4,987
Tengo los jacks 2.5. Si no se refiere al que tiene las copas de madera, v1 debe referirse al que tiene los conectores antiguos. A menos que el 2.5 todavía se considere v1. DavidA me dijo que los antiguos eran diferentes. Esto es lo que me escribió hace un tiempo: “¿Tu HE560 tiene la placa trasera? Mi HE560 y HE400i son las versiones SMC/placa posterior más antiguas y hay una diferencia notable en el escenario sonoro con el mod de parrilla en ambos, pero el HE560 se beneficia más de las parrillas más abiertas”. DavidA fue lo suficientemente amable como para hacer un cable para mi 560 después de que el original comenzó a tener problemas.

No he escuchado ninguna sibilancia con los Ananda, aunque te tienen que gustar muchos tus agudos para que te gusten estos auriculares. Lo que les salva es que los agudos son tan sedantes.

Echaré un vistazo al GLite. Suavizar estos agudos ya suaves y agregar profundidad sería genial. Consideré adquirir los Arya precisamente porque se dice que tienen más capas y profundidad, pero también leí que los agudos en ellos eran picos.

Sep 25, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #4,943 of 4,987
My ananda V3 has arrived however looks like some issue when playing piano at medium volume, the most obvious song I notice is this one:

Have tried 2 DACs and changed the cable same result, and it's always the right side. Anybody who have Ananda Stealth can try the song and see if you get the same problem?
The song is Raein in album Found Songs by Ólafur Arnalds. Tidal link: https://tidal.com/browse/album/103387189
I also notice the same with some other piano recordings but this one is the worst.
Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #4,944 of 4,987
Wow, so glad I got one. Didn't have the time to listen to it. Gonna give it a go and report how I feel about it.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #4,945 of 4,987
My ananda V3 has arrived however looks like some issue when playing piano at medium volume, the most obvious song I notice is this one:

Have tried 2 DACs and changed the cable same result, and it's always the right side. Anybody who have Ananda Stealth can try the song and see if you get the same problem?
The song is Raein in album Found Songs by Ólafur Arnalds. Tidal link: https://tidal.com/browse/album/103387189
I also notice the same with some other piano recordings but this one is the worst.
Many thanks in advance!

I have returned my Stealth, I like the sound and think it’s an improvement. Now I’m considering Nano which is 200 dollars more, is it worth the upgrade? How is sound signature of Nano? I read somewhere that the be harsh at high freq?

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #4,948 of 4,987
Thank you, have you tried Amanda og or stealth? Just want to be sure it’s no brighter than OG (stealth is a bit darker and warmer). Sorry don’t have chance to try nano myself
I have tried all of them but I have only recently start listening to the Nano so I haven't yet compared it to the Stealth. My review of course will include the comparison.

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #4,949 of 4,987
I have tried all of them but I have only recently start listening to the Nano so I haven't yet compared it to the Stealth. My review of course will include the comparison.
Thank you and look forward! I liked the tuning of stealth (better than OG) however the right side driver failed so I managed to return it. Now I’m considering if I should get nano instead :)

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #4,950 of 4,987
Got the Ananda Stealth in a few days ago. $399 brand new on hifiman store. It's an absolutely insane deal right now IMO. These sound like they belong in the $750-$1,000 range (I believe they launched at $999 and were $700 for a long while so it makes sense).

Still going back and forth with my Edition XS. Having trouble deciding which I like better. The Ananda Stealth definitely sounds more tonally correct, but the XS has a wider soundstage, and the slight v shape really makes it an engaging listen. The Ananda Stealth sounds very "analytical hifi", while the XS sounds more movie theatre or speaker like. Both are terrific, and it's nutty you can get this sort of sound quality for under $500 now.

I'm still tempted by the Nano. Interested to see your review Ichos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back