Hifiman Ananda
Dec 5, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #4,966 of 4,987
Here are some personal opinions and observations about the Ananda:

1. Sound Quality: The Ananda excels in delivering a wide and open soundstage, which is a characteristic trait of planar magnetic headphones. The level of detail and clarity across the frequency range is remarkable. The mids and highs are particularly well-articulated, making these headphones excellent for genres where vocal clarity and instrumental separation are paramount.
  2. Bass Response: While the bass is clean and accurate, it may not satisfy those who prefer a more pronounced or thumping bass response. However, for audiophiles seeking a natural and balanced sound profile, the Ananda's bass performance is more than satisfactory.
  3. Comfort and Build: HiFiMan has paid great attention to the comfort of these headphones. Despite their size, the Anandas are surprisingly lightweight, and the headband design distributes weight evenly, making them comfortable for long listening sessions. The build quality is solid, though the aesthetic may not appeal to everyone.
  4. Efficiency: One of the advantages of the Ananda is its relatively high sensitivity for a planar magnetic headphone. This means they can be driven to satisfactory levels even by some portable devices, though they certainly benefit from a good headphone amplifier to unlock their full potential.
  5. Value for Money: In terms of price-to-performance ratio, the Ananda is a strong contender. It competes with headphones that are often much more expensive, making it a great choice for audiophiles looking for high-end performance without venturing into the ultra-premium price bracket.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #4,967 of 4,987
Just purchased the HE560 v4 from Hifiman website and the bought Dekoni Sheepskin Earpads for then. Then after reading this thread I'm thinking about either sending them back and buying the Anandas Stealth or trading the HE560 v4 for the Anandas...lol

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #4,970 of 4,987
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #4,971 of 4,987
Selling my he400iver2020 and bought Ananda, was that a good thing?
You'll never look back, Ananda is a huge upgrade

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #4,972 of 4,987
Can you please tell me if these headphones are suitable for hip-hop and ambient
They'll work for about any genre, but aren't super heavy on the bass, though the bass it does have sounds nice and punchy for hip-hop. I'm not sure what classifies as ambient music but they separate well and have great staging, they can give you that out of head experience.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #4,973 of 4,987
Selling my he400iver2020 and bought Ananda, was that a good thing?
Definitely yes. A few months after getting my Ananda's, I gave my 400i's to my mother and stepfather.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #4,974 of 4,987
FYI the Ananda Stealth is 400 on Hifiman's website and Amazon for a new pair, just thought I would let you all know, amazing headphones, probably my favorite and a ridiculous steal of a price for a headphone that good! if I didn't already have them and was trying to choose between the Stealth and Nano that would make my decision for me in my heartbeat!
I feel from a technicality stand point with the price drop they may be the headphone to beat sub $500.

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #4,975 of 4,987
A Loki or a Lokius will make up for the bass absence.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #4,976 of 4,987
Here are some personal opinions and observations about the Ananda:

1. Sound Quality: The Ananda excels in delivering a wide and open soundstage, which is a characteristic trait of planar magnetic headphones. The level of detail and clarity across the frequency range is remarkable. The mids and highs are particularly well-articulated, making these headphones excellent for genres where vocal clarity and instrumental separation are paramount.
  2. Bass Response: While the bass is clean and accurate, it may not satisfy those who prefer a more pronounced or thumping bass response. However, for audiophiles seeking a natural and balanced sound profile, the Ananda's bass performance is more than satisfactory.
  3. Comfort and Build: HiFiMan has paid great attention to the comfort of these headphones. Despite their size, the Anandas are surprisingly lightweight, and the headband design distributes weight evenly, making them comfortable for long listening sessions. The build quality is solid, though the aesthetic may not appeal to everyone.
  4. Efficiency: One of the advantages of the Ananda is its relatively high sensitivity for a planar magnetic headphone. This means they can be driven to satisfactory levels even by some portable devices, though they certainly benefit from a good headphone amplifier to unlock their full potential.
  5. Value for Money: In terms of price-to-performance ratio, the Ananda is a strong contender. It competes with headphones that are often much more expensive, making it a great choice for audiophiles looking for high-end performance without venturing into the ultra-premium price bracket.

Is this for the Ananda Stealth V3? I'm demoing one against the XS and can't decide which one I want to keep. The XS sounds warmer which I like but the Ananda does seem to have better separation and clarity but that might just be because it's a little brighter. I slightly prefer the Anandas headband but I have a larger head so the XS fits just fine though it feels a little rickety and fragile.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #4,977 of 4,987
I'm demoing both as well (plus the Deva Pro). I prefer the XS sound (I prefer warmer) but I much prefer the Ananda V3 headband. The ear cups just sit slightly too low on my head (on the smallest setting) with the XS. Maybe Dekoni nuggets would help with that.

Of all of them, the Deva Pro is by far the most comfortable.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #4,978 of 4,987
After watching Zeos' review of various Dekoni pads for the teardrop HiFiMan's, I went and got myself a pair of fenestrated sheepskin, but not from Dekoni. Went to Aliexpress and saved myself $100 CAD by ordering these. While I was shopping, I also grabbed a knitted headband cover (as recommended by good ole Joshua Valour). While I will post pictures and impressions tomorrow, all I have to say is the pads are well worth it for comfort alone!
Hey! I was thinking of getting some aliexpress perforated sheepskins as well. How did yours affect the sound? Thanks!

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #4,980 of 4,987
I would still recommend a Lokius which will tweak any headphone to your liking, you can still change pads though :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back