Hifiman Ananda
Jun 7, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #1,186 of 4,987
I have a sharp buzzing sound (zzsss sound :D) on my left driver which is not consistent but it's easy to replicate and it's most obvious with solo piano tracks.

I need someone to confirm my suspicion
this is the track which produce a lot of it

at 1:04 is where the most obvious one and you need to listen at quite loud volume to hear it

I switched the right and left connectors and still it's on the left driver and this buzz is absent on my other gears
Focal Elex headphones
Adam A7x monitor
BGVP DM6 IEM

If my headphones are defective, how is the customer service of Hifiman ? Do they provide an upgrade option to the Arya for example ?

FYI,if you do not own Spotify your sample only goes to :24.
I listened to it on YouTube and did not hear any buzzing whatsoever. Sounds like you might have a hair in there,or maybe faulty driver. I'd suggest contacting them.
I have the Ananda on loan from HiFiMan.

Jun 7, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #1,187 of 4,987
I listened to it on YouTube and did not hear any buzzing whatsoever. Sounds like you might have a hair in there,or maybe faulty driver. I'd suggest contacting them.

I will contact them
thanks for your help

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #1,188 of 4,987

I just pulled the pads to get the serial number for the hifiman support team and indeed I found some hair around the magnets, I removed them and everthings is fine now, thanks for the suggestion I suspected some hair is causing the problem but never took it seriously.

P.S.
I am looking for your review if you planning to make one, especially comparing their bass to the ZMF's :)

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,189 of 4,987
I just pulled the pads to get the serial number for the hifiman support team and indeed I found some hair around the magnets, I removed them and everthings is fine now, thanks for the suggestion I suspected some hair is causing the problem but never took it seriously.

P.S.
I am looking for your review if you planning to make one, especially comparing their bass to the ZMF's :)

Glad it was a simple fix.

Yes,there will be a review of the Ananda on my Youtube channel,but having just received the loaner last night,the review wont be up for a couple weeks.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,190 of 4,987
I've had the Ananda for a bit over 2 weeks now. Tried the Empyrean, Clear and Ananda. Empy was my favorite but Ananda came really close, and considering the price difference my choice was the Ananda. Build quality is questionable and the stock cable is awful, but other than that it's a terrific headphone, it has convinced me even more after extended use. This might be the upgrade to the HD-650 I've been looking for the last 1-2 years.
You made me buy an Ananda.

Eagerly awaiting it :)

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,191 of 4,987
After couple months with Ananda, two notes, the soundstage is way over your head and the fix is to drop the headphones as low on your ear as possible. Also as front as possible, that pushes the soundstage froward.
Secondly you may have to use force to turn pads along your head sides so it creates the seal ( on my head pads are too straight and there is no seal )
These make huge difference on my ears...

Jun 10, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #1,192 of 4,987
After couple months with Ananda, two notes, the soundstage is way over your head and the fix is to drop the headphones as low on your ear as possible. Also as front as possible, that pushes the soundstage froward.
Secondly you may have to use force to turn pads along your head sides so it creates the seal ( on my head pads are too straight and there is no seal )
These make huge difference on my ears...

Interesting. For the HEX v2 I found having them higher (so you are getting the most treble) is key to the soundstage, depth, detail, and having the treble not seem to laid back. I'm mixed on back, center, forward positions finding something in each. I have a big head, but I still need to tuck the earspeakers into minimal/neutral position and add height (about 2 sweatbands wide - over 1/2").

They both have a tall image, while the HE500 is wider, but not as tall. I think the HE500 has a better sized soundstage then either of these two.

Jun 15, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #1,193 of 4,987
I'll ask a question that might seem crazy, but are there any deeper replacement ear pads for either the Ananda, Edition X, or HE-1000 (considering they're all roughly the same size)?

I would like to push the drivers far away from my ears to milk every ounce of the soundstage.. tone wise, I'll deal with it via EQ or just settle with what I'll end up with.

Hi, I like my Ananda soundwise, but I am unhappy with the standard pads (I guess).
The whole sensation reminds me on my first tries with the rectangle Stax 4040. Just too much heat.
My first guess is that it is about the pads, although these seem to be the Ultra Pad.
Has anyone reviewed different pads for the Ananda and can share some knowledge on other options?

Jun 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #1,194 of 4,987
Hi, I like my Ananda soundwise, but I am unhappy with the standard pads (I guess).
The whole sensation reminds me on my first tries with the rectangle Stax 4040. Just too much heat.
My first guess is that it is about the pads, although these seem to be the Ultra Pad.
Has anyone reviewed different pads for the Ananda and can share some knowledge on other options?

Ananda is best headphone I have ever heard, but I found it uncomfortable as well. The Sundara however is very comfortable... wish they could give us Ananda sound with Sundara comfort.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,195 of 4,987
Ananda is best headphone I have ever heard, but I found it uncomfortable as well. The Sundara however is very comfortable... wish they could give us Ananda sound with Sundara comfort.

Best... what's 2nd and 3rd?

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #1,196 of 4,987
Best... what's 2nd and 3rd?

my favorites below Ananda in no particular order: monolith m560 with sony xbr500 earpads, philips shp9500, sennheiser hd58x, hifimamn he400s with focus pad upgrade, audio technica m40x with hm5 angled pads, pioneer se-a1000 with sony xbr1000 earpads.

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #1,197 of 4,987
Another difference between the HEX and the Ananda, it has been changed to 3.5 mm connectors rather than the old 2.5mm ones some people seemed to hate.

I can't wait to see some comparisons between this and the HEX v2. Even if it is the same, I'd be happy with the price drop!

I hate the 2.5's... f'in menace to peace of mind.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #1,198 of 4,987
my favorites below Ananda in no particular order: monolith m560 with sony xbr500 earpads, philips shp9500, sennheiser hd58x, hifimamn he400s with focus pad upgrade, audio technica m40x with hm5 angled pads, pioneer se-a1000 with sony xbr1000 earpads.

Well in that company I'd likely vote the Ananda #1 too....

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #1,199 of 4,987
Well in that company I'd likely vote the Ananda #1 too....

I have heard other high end phones too, they just didn't impress me for the cost. Ananda is first time I was impressed, but even the 1k cost is a little too much imo, mainly due to comfort - my head is oddly shaped though, so no their fault- and mainly due to soundstage/sub bass is a tad weak, almost perfect/dream can for me, but I will wait a couple more years to see if they nail it just right for my tastes, if they do, then I will drop some money and finally retire from this hobby.

ZMF Ori I tried once, that is $800 can, and I was not impressed. I forget what other high end I have tried, there were a lot though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back