Hifiman Ananda
May 6, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,171 of 4,987
I think it’s more for the Bluetooth version they have coming out.
You could be right about this. Hopefully it will be available soon.

May 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,172 of 4,987
Hi,
I currently have a Q701 paired with numark ican ido. I am thinking of upgrading and going to Ananda(s), or Sundara(s). I am thinking of pairing with the Ifi Micro Label or get both a Schiit Multibit DAC and Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH). Any thoughts on if this is a good upgrade? If this will give me a complimentary sound signature from my Q701? Which DAC/AMP is the best combo for the headphones I have and am thinking of getting?

Thank you all very much.

May 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,175 of 4,987
I'm a simple man with a Modi 3/Magni 3. The Ananda is VERY easy to drive, and I gather it'll be up to your preference how you wanna flavor it with dac/amp. It's a pretty neutral headphone leaning slightly warm though not so much that I'd call it warm. So it should lean into whatever type of tonality you want.

May 7, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #1,176 of 4,987
@Mad Lust Envy thank you very much. Any advice on DAC/AMP for it? I am thinking between Ifi Micro black label, or Cavalier CTH and Schiit Multibit

Stay away from the micro with the Ananda. They make a very bad pairing, very clinical.

I’m enjoying my modi 3 and thx 789 quite a bit. The magni 3 did a good job as well. Heck even a dragonfly red sounds better with the Ananda’s then a micro. They just don’t pair well.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,177 of 4,987
Consider a Chord Mojo for the Ananda. I heard it with Sundara and it was lovely. Then you have a great DAC that works as an amp and you could add tubes like CTH, Lyr 3 or Liquid Platinum and you’ll be golden.

May 8, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,178 of 4,987
The knock I have heard by a few former owners of the Meze was that they lack the detail that can be heard in some other slightly more or equally expensive headphones. like the Utopia, HEK SE....etc. I liked them, when I heard them and thought they were well balanced except for maybe a midbass hump.

I think they are really amazing, sometimes people look for very unnatural amounts of detail for the sake of detail, I don't feel like any detail is missing, they are very well balanced and not extremely unnaturally exaggerated like some of the other flagships. So many flagships tend to be very specialized, the Meze is Really Great all around. I agree about the slight mid bass hump, but I don't find it overdone, just enjoyable, but of course it all depends on the individuals ears and personal preferences.

May 8, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,179 of 4,987
Well I am looking at the Meze again, might even get added to the tour. I would like to hear them again preferably against the 4Z.

As far as the Ananda is concerned if I see another price drop, he’ll I might get a pair myself just as an alternative to my HEX V2.

I am really trying to wait for the Ananda BT. Does anyone know the eta on them?

May 8, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #1,180 of 4,987
Well I am looking at the Meze again, might even get added to the tour. I would like to hear them again preferably against the 4Z.

As far as the Ananda is concerned if I see another price drop, he’ll I might get a pair myself just as an alternative to my HEX V2.

I am really trying to wait for the Ananda BT. Does anyone know the eta on them?

The 4Z is better than the Empyrean. Your HEX V2 is awesome, regardless of price. I wish I still had my HEX V2. Leave it to Hifiman to discontinue one of the best headphones they’ve ever made.

May 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #1,181 of 4,987
The 4Z is better than the Empyrean. Your HEX V2 is awesome, regardless of price. I wish I still had my HEX V2. Leave it to Hifiman to discontinue one of the best headphones they’ve ever made.

Ha I was going to mention you before because I knew you owned both the 4z and Empyrean. I will ask you on the 4z thread what you think of them after the break in.

May 8, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,182 of 4,987
Your HEX V2 is awesome, regardless of price. I wish I still had my HEX V2. Leave it to Hifiman to discontinue one of the best headphones they’ve ever made.

Yeah it's very nice esp for the current used price. The Ananda what used prices must be getting to after the price drop are a choice if you like treble detailing/brightness that's on the strong side, and slightly recessed mids.

May 24, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,183 of 4,987
The biggest surprise i found, after listening to the ananda had to be the bass. I didn't expect this amount of punch, airyness I found these cans to be awesome for electronic music. I feel like for my taste, a warm amp goes a long way with these particular cans ,for music i enjoy Rock and hip hop mostly. lows are detailed punchy and Overall as enjoyable as any other headphone I've listened to. The Mids passed for me(i dont give passes easily for mids), the bread and butter, vocals were very clear and articulate, but don't have the lush and romantic nuance I enjoy on some tracks. its not a bad thing and one of the many reasons headphones are a hobby, I've come to realize i can never have one pair of headphones and be happy across all genres of music, or to watch movies or for gaming. Highs were very Detailed but could be unforgiving on some recordings, to me anyways it wasn't harsh or unpleasant. Overall i came away impressed and would recommend the Ananda as a great choice as a main set of cans or alternative set of cans for whatever your preference of music might be.

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #1,185 of 4,987
I have a sharp buzzing sound (zzsss sound :D) on my left driver which is not consistent but it's easy to replicate and it's most obvious with solo piano tracks.

I need someone to confirm my suspicion
this is the track which produce a lot of it

at 1:04 is where the most obvious one and you need to listen at quite loud volume to hear it

I switched the right and left connectors and still it's on the left driver and this buzz is absent on my other gears
Focal Elex headphones
Adam A7x monitor
BGVP DM6 IEM

If my headphones are defective, how is the customer service of Hifiman ? Do they provide an upgrade option to the Arya for example ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back