Hifiman Ananda
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #421 of 4,987
Well IMHO the Clear is great sounding if you like neutral sound. To me, Denon D7200 is super good sounding headphone compared to the Focal Clear. After burn in, D7200 has good detail, Mids are bit lush, good width soundstage compared to Focal Clear and its also got some depth in the vocals (Clear has like no depth at all, very in the head sounding) . When I A/B D7200 and Clear, i believe they are on par or sometimes the D7200 sounds better to me because its got more bass and lusher mids and bigger soundstage. One thing though, the D7200 is like less than half the price of the Clear. I don't know, I still like the Clear as a whole package (extra cables and awesome carry case), because of the neutral very clear sounding signature and the luxurious materials and very lux looks, looks worth its price. So you can say the Clear is natural, but after a while for me, I get tired of the signature, I want more pleasing sounding signature.

I’ve never heard the Clear, but used to own the D7200. I didn’t thInk the Denon had a very good sized soundstage. If the Clear has an even smaller soundstage, as you say, then that’s absolutely claustrophobic...
That’s also atrocious considering the Denon is closed back and the Clear is open back. That’s a sad commentary on Focal.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #422 of 4,987
Can you please compare the sound of the Focal Clear to the Hifiman Ananda, I am also looking for another full size with a different sound. Bigger soundstage, more out of head sounding and lush female vocals. The Clear although very good neutral and clear sounding, I hope to have a different one where the vocals will sound warmer and lush and with bigger width and depth soundstage. Thanks
As i understand itt (when explained to me) and from what I’ve heard (from various headphones) planar magnetics are limited in depth of soundstage.

Ananda is a great example - wide soundstage but not deep

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #424 of 4,987
As i understand itt (when explained to me) and from what I’ve heard (from various headphones) planar magnetics are limited in depth of soundstage.

Ananda is a great example - wide soundstage but not deep

hmm I see, thank you. I am wondering if I have to go back to TOTL IEMs for the sound I am looking for, but then I would have to buy a new DAP as well. My previous AK380+AK AMP+ Noble K10U was amazing, so much detail, so much oomph, with lush sweet mids, sparkly highs and it sounds like I am listening to speakers in a living room, so much width and depth. I just don't understand how iem with good DAP can sound soo big and grand like listening to speakers. Its amazing.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #425 of 4,987
I’ve never heard the Clear, but used to own the D7200. I didn’t thInk the Denon had a very good sized soundstage. If the Clear has an even smaller soundstage, as you say, then that’s absolutely claustrophobic...
That’s also atrocious considering the Denon is closed back and the Clear is open back. That’s a sad commentary on Focal.

Yeah, thats the thing with the Clear, its weird, its a totally open headphone but then the soundstage width is like the same as closed back headphone and the depth is IMO worst than my D7200. When I listen to female vocal on the Clear, it sounds like she is singing right in my face. However, on the D7200 it sounds more like she is singing a few feet away in front instead. The Clear sounds very natural but it gets a bit tiring listening to the Clear after a while because it presents music too " in your face. "

Anyways sorry for kinda go off topic.

I am wondering how much difference between HE1000 V2 vs Ananda, does the HEKV2 have more depth ?

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #426 of 4,987
Yeah, thats the thing with the Clear, its weird, its a totally open headphone but then the soundstage width is like the same as closed back headphone and the depth is IMO worst than my D7200. When I listen to female vocal on the Clear, it sounds like she is singing right in my face. However, on the D7200 it sounds more like she is singing a few feet away in front instead. The Clear sounds very natural but it gets a bit tiring listening to the Clear after a while because it presents music too " in your face. "

Anyways sorry for kinda go off topic.

I am wondering how much difference between HE1000 V2 vs Ananda, does the HEKV2 have more depth ?

Yes, but not dramatically more.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #427 of 4,987
Not true. It depends on the model and manufacturer. The LCD X has one of the deepest soundstage’s I've ever heard at any price point and it’s planar.
What are you trying to do? Entice me into spending another $1500???

Yikes!!!!

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #428 of 4,987
D3A45BA3-7E7C-4B47-B078-A1482EA2408B.gif
What are you trying to do? Entice me into spending another $1500???

Yikes!!!!

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #429 of 4,987
Aug 11, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #430 of 4,987
Aug 11, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #432 of 4,987
upload_2018-8-12_0-46-23.gif

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #435 of 4,987
I thought Audeze sounds veiled and no soundstage width, had 2 different versions of the LCD2 and I gave up, sooo uncomfortable too , but they updated the headband since then.

Hifiman pricing. Ananda at $999, HE6SE $1799 ,HE1000 v2 at $3000 , HE1000SE $3500

Wow..... does Ananda provide the best performance to Sound quality ratio or what? I don't think HE1000 is 3x better than Ananda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back