Hifiman Ananda
Jul 24, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #391 of 4,987
If you read further in their ebay posting, you can see that it should be returned within 14 days if you don’t want to pay a restocking fee.
For anyone interested I emailed hifiman through my ebay purchase and they confirmed 30 days to return with no restocking fe
Same as their website

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #392 of 4,987
Here's a message from a lucky owner of a new Ananda :)

I was looking for an open headphone for my Questyle QP2R player. For the office I have a Beyerdynamic T5P but for home the QP2R has not the power for my Sennheiser HD800. I've listened to Focal Utopia/Clear/Elear, MrSpeakers AEON Flow/Ether Flow, Audeze LCD-X and HiFiMAN Ananda.

Utopia: great with a Nordost Heimdall 2 cable, great soundstage, easy to drive, but I prefer a thicker mid.
Clear: great bass, mids are OK, great soundstage, easy to drive, treble not my taste.
Elear: smaller soundstage, easy to drive, too dark for me.
AEON Flow: great mids, very low bass, treble a bit restrained, soundstage a bit messy, not so easy to drive (better with a Chord Mojo of an iFi micro iDSD Black Label).
Ether Flow: great mids, very low bass, better treble than AEON Flow, better soundstage, not so easy to drive.
LCD-X: I sold this one recently, I liked the sound of the X but the soundstage was a too small for my taste. They need a better amp for full potential.
Ananda: wow what a great match with the QP2R! Amazing mids, deep bass, highs are exact the quantity I like and so clean. Soundstage is wide, but everything is coherent.

I get great sound with the single ended output, but I look forward for a HiFiMAN balanced cable. Happy listening!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #393 of 4,987
Hello, I got my Ananda after a week of ordering it due to the fact they needed a photo of my id :frowning2: ,
Been using a he-560 for the past 3 years and was looking for a sure upgrade between the edition X v2 and Ananda,
Listened to it for a good 10 hours now, using only a chord mojo and a iphone plus 8,
I love hifiman alot because of the sound signature which is very suited to my liking, in comparison to the he-560, first thing off the bat I noticed was the bigger soundstage,
The bass to my ears sounds the same in terms of impact, lows and presentation to the he-560. As for the mids, smooth and timbre is really ncie , detail retrieval is better than the he-560 for sure.
Imaging is also superb! The treble is smooth like it rolls off and doesnt sound as bright and piercing as the he-560 at higher volumes which makes the music really enjoyable.
Overall as an upgrade from the he-560 that makes me really happy and Im enjoying every moment of it :)

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #394 of 4,987
I think you made a good choice with the ananda, hexv2 might have been too laid back in the treble for you

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #396 of 4,987
Can anyone confirm if the Ananda uses the same connectors as the HD700? Thought I read it somewhere but can't find it.

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #398 of 4,987
No hd700/edx/he1k/he560/400i are 2.5mm at the cup, the Ananda is 3.5

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #399 of 4,987
Can anyone confirm if the Ananda uses the same connectors as the HD700? Thought I read it somewhere but can't find it.
2x 3,5mm stereo mini jack.

5.jpg

Aug 3, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #402 of 4,987
Based on measurements by Solderdude and impressions on the forum, the Sundara is a sucessor to the HE560 although it seems less bright. The Ananda seems more like an upgrade for me

The Sundara seems to be a 560 replacement. Nothing will replace the 400 but more 400's. The Ananda seems to be technology coming down from above aimed at the portable audience. The fact that the Ananda is claimed to be smoother in the treble than some of the other HFM cans at a higher price is also highly interesting. Waiting for the price drop, coming in 228 days - or so.

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #403 of 4,987
The Sundara seems to be a 560 replacement. Nothing will replace the 400 but more 400's. The Ananda seems to be technology coming down from above aimed at the portable audience. The fact that the Ananda is claimed to be smoother in the treble than some of the other HFM cans at a higher price is also highly interesting. Waiting for the price drop, coming in 228 days - or so.

Personally don't think price drops will happen much from here on out with Hifiman. They're pricing is back to being appropriate for the performance they offer. Go back 2 years and the Ananda would have retailed for $2000

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #404 of 4,987
Personally don't think price drops will happen much from here on out with Hifiman. They're pricing is back to being appropriate for the performance they offer. Go back 2 years and the Ananda would have retailed for $2000

Sundara was seen at $449 about 10 days ago, someone else reported lower a few weeks earlier. HFM did lower the price on the two units priced above Ananda. Still, even if you are right, the Ananda will be on the used market for $550-600 two years from debut - in particular if they come out with an update or replacement can.

Ananda on sale for a bit earlier in '19 for $799, then settled at $849. HE5SE went down to $300, Sundara to $349.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #405 of 4,987
Sundara was seen at $449 about 10 days ago, someone else reported lower a few weeks earlier. HFM did lower the price on the two units priced above Ananda. Still, even if you are right, the Ananda will be on the used market for $550-600 two years from debut - in particular if they come out with an update or replacement can.

As with nearly every headphone. Value will drop with time. And be cheaper on the used market.

It was seen, as a sale. It's msrp is still at $500 for the Sundara, but discounts exist everywhere. Campfire Andromeda were available for $900 for a while on headphones.com. Audio 46 gives 10% off.

Of course they lowered the price of their other headphones. They need to keep pricing in line with their current releases. Who would pay the original $1800 for a HeX V2 when the Ananda is $1000? It's all relative and a good thing on their part. Don't hold your breath. But if you really want to and you think it's worth it to wait a year for something you want now for the price to maybe drop 10% then go for it. I'd rather have what I want, now. The ananda offers great value if it's being compared to the Focal Clear, HD800S, ZMF Auteur, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back