Hifiman Ananda
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #454 of 4,987
Aug 16, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #456 of 4,987
I would say go with the HeX V2. More subbass = more fun
Just for kicks I checked the local prices for the HEX2 and the Ananda. Looks like the vendors in Poland still haven't caught up, and HEX is still up to 1700 PLN more expensive than the Ananda, which translates to roughly 400 euros.

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #457 of 4,987

great review.
QC on planar headphones is always a problem, as the drivers are hand-assembled, even Audeze has it's own problems with QC of the drivers, this is the only thing i hate about planars :S

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #458 of 4,987
Thought they might be similar. He is the first negative review of the ananda. I will be demoing the Ed x mon. trying to figure which id prefer. The Anandas arent available for demo.
Wonder if the review guy above likes the Sundara over the Edition X

I doubt it the edition x v2 is VERY similar to ananda.

Gents, I feel I just need to clarify a few key points here.

It seems that you've taken my overall conclusion between the Sundara and Ananda and have applied that to just the sound. If I was considering ONLY the sound, then the Ananda would be my pick.

As noted in the review, I also said that I wasn't able to directly compare the 2 products in a listening test, and so I had to rely entirely on my memory of what the Sundara sounded like. You'll notice that I posted the sound demo vid before the review vid, but the review was written and shot before the sound demo vid. After comparing the recordings of each set of cans the difference between the 2 are much more noticeable. This goes to illustrate just how important it is to not rely on one's memory

Also @Luke Thomas , my intention was not for a negative review, but I never simply skip over the negative aspects and embellish the positive. As I've said numerous times on this forum, I'm a reviewer, not part of the manufacturer's marketing team. My only goal is to give readers/viewers a realistic expectation of a product, rather than a hyped one. :)

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #459 of 4,987
Gents, I feel I just need to clarify a few key points here.

It seems that you've taken my overall conclusion between the Sundara and Ananda and have applied that to just the sound. If I was considering ONLY the sound, then the Ananda would be my pick.

As noted in the review, I also said that I wasn't able to directly compare the 2 products in a listening test, and so I had to rely entirely on my memory of what the Sundara sounded like. You'll notice that I posted the sound demo vid before the review vid, but the review was written and shot before the sound demo vid. After comparing the recordings of each set of cans the difference between the 2 are much more noticeable. This goes to illustrate just how important it is to not rely on one's memory

Also @Luke Thomas , my intention was not for a negative review, but I never simply skip over the negative aspects and embellish the positive. As I've said numerous times on this forum, I'm a reviewer, not part of the manufacturer's marketing team. My only goal is to give readers/viewers a realistic expectation of a product, rather than a hyped one. :)
Thanks for the clarifications

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #460 of 4,987
Thought they might be similar. He is the first negative review of the ananda. I will be demoing the Ed x mon. trying to figure which id prefer. The Anandas arent available for demo.
The ed x have touch more bottom end (from recent memory). The anandas handle the top end a little better

Ananda sound for me as slightly better put together/more coherent - not a huge difference but noticeable and enough for me.

I feel the anandas will scale very nicely with gear. Not sure about ed x as I didn’t bring them home.

(Hifiman do offer.a 30 day retuen period even if bought through their ebay store)

Aug 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #462 of 4,987
I feel the anandas will scale very nicely with gear.
I have an Ananda which performs very good on an Audio-GD NFB 28.38 DAC/AMP. Software is JRiver, playing via kernel streaming over USB. I replaced the power cord by a Kimber PK14 and the USB cable is a MIT SL-Matrix. Especially the Kimber power cord was big improvement (better focus and bass control). I am very satisfied with the balance between details and musicality.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #463 of 4,987
Hello, friends. Now I'm in the throes of choosing headphones to $ 1300. I've been following models from hifiman for a long time and I've read quite a few reviews and comparisons, and I'm inclined to the model discussed here. But recently I came across a review of headphones from another manufacturer - Audeze. This model is Audeze LCD-X. And some authors compare it to hifiman models, but I can not fully understand which headphones have higher resolution and detail, Hifiman Ananda (edition x v2) or LCD-X? I ask knowledgeable or those who have experience working with these models to help me navigate the issue. I will be grateful for any help.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #464 of 4,987
Hello, friends. Now I'm in the throes of choosing headphones to $ 1300. I've been following models from hifiman for a long time and I've read quite a few reviews and comparisons, and I'm inclined to the model discussed here. But recently I came across a review of headphones from another manufacturer - Audeze. This model is Audeze LCD-X. And some authors compare it to hifiman models, but I can not fully understand which headphones have higher resolution and detail, Hifiman Ananda (edition x v2) or LCD-X? I ask knowledgeable or those who have experience working with these models to help me navigate the issue. I will be grateful for any help.
It's you first post welcome! <3

i don't have experience of any of these two but I've done an extensive research btw the two, because i want to buy one of them.
here are the common results i found:

LCD-X pros:
pads
build
bass

Ananda pros:
lighter
3.5mm end cable (it's a merit for me)
mid range
details (not common finding)
cheaper

As you can see i settled on the Ananda and i am going to buy it soon.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #465 of 4,987
As you can see i settled on the Ananda and i am going to buy it soon.
Aren't you worried about the possible quality issues? I'm in the same situation as you are, I just need to audition the two models to see whose sound signature I like better. From what I've read I'm leaning more towards the Ananda, but I'm worried about their quality control problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back