Hifiman Ananda
Feb 23, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,226 of 4,987
Ananda has a very neutral and light sound, which tends more towards brightness right?

Anyone use them with Chord Mojo?

I would go on a used Ananda, has anyone encountered problems with build quality and durability?

And last thing, I'm reading on this last page of upgrade cables, what's wrong with the stock one? It's not good?

Feb 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #3,227 of 4,987
Sounds sig yes, it extends well both ways, but leans a bit towards bright, but not harsh.

Personally I haven’t read much about build quality issues in a while, it makes me feel like that was early on problems that they seem to have taken a head on approach to correcting. I mean you would think if it was a huge issue we would read about it constantly in the community, right? Maybe I’m not looking in the right places.

The cable feels and look ugly, it doesn’t go where you want, it kinks. It works, and does its job, but even the most budget options in cables will give you a better experience.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #3,228 of 4,987
Oh and I don’t have a mojo, but the Anandas certainly revealed some of the characteristics of my amps/Dacs. I liked the Ananda out of everything I have, but sound stage/ mids/ highs, etc. were noticeably altered by the source, so if you like your mojo, it should pair fine!
My AQ dragon fly red is a little bright and I still enjoyed it out of that. It’s didn’t become overly bright.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #3,229 of 4,987
Oh and I don’t have a mojo, but the Anandas certainly revealed some of the characteristics of my amps/Dacs. I liked the Ananda out of everything I have, but sound stage/ mids/ highs, etc. were noticeably altered by the source, so if you like your mojo, it should pair fine!
My AQ dragon fly red is a little bright and I still enjoyed it out of that. It’s didn’t become overly bright.
I also have the Dragonfly Cobalt.

I am new to full size headphones, in the past I have always used IEMs.

The first attempt with a full size was not the best result in pairing with Mojo. A sound too warm for my taste with a slightly swollen mid-bass.

The ideal for the Mojo I think is a headphone with a light and airy sound, tending more to brightness, with a good soundstage without exaggeration.

Ananda from the idea I got it could work well and it shouldn't be hard to drive either, it doesn't need a lot of power right?

I am also looking at Senn HD 660 S on which however I read conflicting opinions, Sundara which should be lower than Ananda and perhaps HD 800, which however have 300 ohms.

Feb 23, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #3,230 of 4,987
I currently run pc jriver / flac / tidal --> topping E30 --> asgard 3 --> sundara . ill have a hifiman ananda this saturday . cant wait .

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,231 of 4,987
So I bought a pair of Anandas to complement my 6xx headphones that I've now paired with a darkvoice and e30 dac exclusively - freeing up my magni 3 modius 3+ combo for the ananda. I'll say that my first experience with these headphones was that they were absolutely stunning and definitely a contrast to the 6xx. However, I also recently purchased a Loki to tame some of the peaks in the treble. I'm sensitive to treble and damn if i didn't cause my ears to hurt from the ananda after seeing how it responded in high gain. What's up with the peak in treble around 20k? I feel like when volumes are (not damagingly) high I can feel this headphone tickling my ear in an unpleasant way from the treble - or am I imagining that haha. In any case - just posting my experience. Has got me thinking about returning it for an LCD-2c despite how much I love the sound but then I'd have to EQ the hell out of that thing or maybe I would enjoy it with rock

Feb 26, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,235 of 4,987
What do you think of Ananda's build quality?

Has anyone here had any problems?
Ananda's build quality isn't impressive IMO, I expect better to be honest. That said, I haven't experienced anything, but they aren't that old yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back