Hifiman Ananda
Apr 19, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #1,892 of 4,987
Please can those who own the Ananda check to see if there is any ripples in the diaphragm like in this pic. It doesn't seem to affect the sound, but I'm a bit ocd with my gear.
Look, no offense, but I think it's your OCD looking, thinking and writing). In my headphones there is no visible ripples at this point of view . Even more, on your photo I can see only frame, cloth and magnet. I see no diaphragm!

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #1,893 of 4,987
I had ripples in my 400i 560 and 3 Anandas I’ve owned

it’s a non issue and has no negative effect on sound. Just listen and enjoy them

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,894 of 4,987
Look, no offense, but I think it's your OCD looking, thinking and writing). In my headphones there is no visible ripples at this point of view . Even more, on your photo I can see only frame, cloth and magnet. I see no diaphragm!
Whoa, I did state that it was very difficult to get a pic without taking it apart. And then I said that after reviewing the driver structure, that I believe it's actually the conductor rather than the diaphragm.
If you don't want to help then fine, but isn't it what these forums are for, to discuss and help each other.

Btw, I do not have OCD, I just want to make sure that I did not receive a bad headphone. For the hundreds of dollars I pay, it should be physically and sonically perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #1,896 of 4,987
Thank you, that's all I wanted to know.
Just chiming in here with another pic of an "rippled" Ananda diaphragm from the loaner unit. There wasn't anything that sounded off in that unit when reading reviews of the other Ananda units. And yes, the loaner unit was the same revision as yours (more transparent back mesh).

s5S2CiD.jpg

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,897 of 4,987
Just chiming in here with another pic of an "rippled" Ananda diaphragm from the loaner unit. There wasn't anything that sounded off in that unit when reading reviews of the other Ananda units. And yes, the loaner unit was the same revision as yours (more transparent back mesh).

s5S2CiD.jpg
Thank you, apparently it's normal for the Ananda. I'm sure the material is an utter pain to work with. It being so thin and all
I guess if it sounds good then that's what matters most.
And I do absolutely love the sound of the Ananda. Definitely my cup of tea.

Apr 22, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,899 of 4,987
Hi I have a couple of questions for you, is ananda little or much better than sundara?
Does ananda have a good synergy with the smsl sp 200 amp?

I had the Sundara for 2 weeks but ended up sending it back. The Ananda is far superior. It has a way more defined sound.
I don't know about the smsl amp. Never heard it.

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #1,901 of 4,987
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #1,904 of 4,987
I had the Sundara for 2 weeks but ended up sending it back. The Ananda is far superior. It has a way more defined sound.
I don't know about the smsl amp. Never heard it.
I found Ananda superior to Sundara as well. I would not compare Sundara to Ananada, but consider classic hifimans like HE500 than getting a Sundara.

HEX V2 driver = Ananda or was that Arya?
Each headphone you listed with have their own distinct characteristics in sound, or in other words they will sound different from each other than similar despite the similar looking cups. I know Hifiman headphone designs look repititive, but the sounds are actually distictly different between the models that have different names, and I do think the names of series like HEX or HEK makes sense because they are more similar to each other.

After hearing them, I got the better picture of things. Hifiman is not deliberately giving same headphones different names.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,905 of 4,987
I just switched from the AK700 to the DX220,
on the DX, the Ananda drives something great, warmth, bass, I currently really enjoy the Ananda. Put on ..... and enjoy hours. I also listened briefly to the Sundara, top headphones for 350.-. Only Ananda is in a different league for me, subjectively owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back