Quote:
if you open for business please let us know
wink.gif
because ~

"what ever you r selling, i m buying "

"what ever business you r in, i wont be your financier"

"what ever you r ordering, i love to be your supplier "

"what ever your business is in, i would love to be your competitor"

yes, i will be your new very best friend, u r just too kind to all of us. god i wish there are more like you.

Quote:
oh, one more thing~~  i would love to be your accountant too ?? clearly you wont be able to know what my book keeping is doing and perhaps you dont care either...... but dont worry, i will run your company finance for you just fine, just the way you want it
smily_headphones1.gif

What is this have to do with the player?

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #677 of 1,195
Not sure about that, really. I think the comments were aimed at the Headfier who suggested that Head-Direct's idea of 'free' is different than his/her own. If the player is/was not for them, that headfier felt that the free iems were game to keep. I tend to agree ... with both sides. 

Including a free item to help sell a product is a good idea, but it needs to be explained. A free item can come with another (yooss, you see this all the time here in Korea). You are basically given another item with the purchase of something. You can return that item and the freebie - it is yours to keep. Obviously, the meaning 'free' here is a marketing statement. If it was free, as in an extra product given away to help sell the 602, then it would seem fair that the buyer could keep the iems if they returned the 602. But, Head-Direct are betting on the new iem, too. 

The 602 is as much a promotion for the earphones as the earphones are a promotion for the 602. In other words, neither are free; they are hand-in-hand sales ploys, not free items. One is not given away with the other and then free to use by the user. 

Now, Head-Direct should probably clear up the 'free' part. They should probably state that this is a promotion, not a free, tacked-on item. As the earphones are intended to help sell the DAP, they are as important to the package as the package itself. But, I assume that there are users who'd rather not pay an earphone tax and just pay 300 or so for the DAP since obviously, the earphones (which have to be returned if the person does NOT want to keep the DAP) are NOT free items that are just included with the 602 - they are part of the product. 

It's like buying a lens kit camera. Sure, the price is a bit lower on the kit than buying both items separately, but you cannot return just the camera, both items must go back.

I think it is fair if head direct called the 602 + earphones what it is: a kit purchase. If after the promotion is over, users still pay the same price for just the DAP, we can call this a basic promotion.

promotions, kits - these are very different from free. Free is an item that is handed out. It isn't an item included with another to promote its sale. If the earphones were free, you could go to Head Direct and ask for the earphones. Instead, to get them, you have to buy a package that head direct markets as a dap at full price with a free earphone. These are two very different things. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #678 of 1,195
I agree most of shigzeo's view and want to add this: RE262 is by itself probably going to be sold around $200 to $250 when officially launched,which is somewhat publicly known early on. If it is free to keep even if 602 is to be returned for full refund - who to say there won't be people that will take advantage of buying 602 just to return it in order to get a free, expensive IEM? It is not like this is unlikely: some members have took retailer's generous 'return for full refund' policy by ordering a few headphones at a time just to keep one and return others, forcing these open box items to be sold as B stock at the cost of the retailer, then the same people come back and brag about it - which isn't something one should be proud of in the first place.

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #679 of 1,195
it doesnt~~ i m just bored
tongue.gif
and its not every day you found a really nice guy to be friend with ! so how about you ?

look, how ever one want to dignify or trying to justify their action ~~ bottom line is there are always opportunist in life and every where, its a dog eats dog world
wink.gif

Quote:

What is this have to do with the player?

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #680 of 1,195

Quote:
It is some problem with the USB chip. The other player I've had trouble with is the S:Flo. It works on the same computer if I cold boot into bootcamp. It's funny really: the only players that have trouble with OSX 10.6 are the ones from small Chinese factories. The computer has enough power - that isn't the problem. Computers that cannot power the iPad can connect to the S:Flo, as long as they are Windows. It sort of reminds me of Internet Explorer, really. It is the LEAST compatible browser on the planet; it has horrible time running web standards, but since it is still used by most people, a lot of web companies programme for it and so... their web sites don't run on standards-compatible browsers. The S:Flo and the HM602 must be very like web sites that are programmed for Explorer - just relying on the the calls inside the strongest armed operating system. 

Linux users are reporting problems too

That's a pretty bold statement - almost as if you know exactly what the problem is. I repeat: I haven't had a single issue with my 602 (or indeed the S:Flo2) connecting or data transferring on my Mac. 602 fine on my little Linux box too (odd Xandros).

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #681 of 1,195
Those of you with Macs can try disabling the "put the hard disks to sleep whenever possible" option below in Preferences, although my 2010 MBP works fine with this option enabled.

I do usually connect the HM-602 in a powered off state to the USB port of the Mac and then boot up.  But I tried to hot plug and works as well.

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #682 of 1,195

Quote:
Those of you with Macs can try disabling the "put the hard disks to sleep whenever possible" option below in Preferences, although my 2010 MBP works fine with this option enabled.

I do usually connect the HM-602 in a powered off state to the USB port of the Mac and then boot up.  But I tried to hot plug and works as well.

no luck there either.

i was able to transfer files last night from a much older (and less powerful, both in terms of processing power and RAM) MacBook. I have no idea what's going on. Fang told me I could send it back and see if HD could modify the USB port, which, considering how much of a hassle this has been so far, sounds like an incredibly unappealing option. At this point I think I'll either return it or see if I can sell it.

and: i know there's been enough back and forth about this, but i obviously can't keep from adding in my two cents about the customer service issue. I think (most) people agree that Fang has been reasonably responsive. The service, however, has not been reasonable, and can't be compared to other par-for-the-course delays in electronics companies.

Take my case: I paid on August 23, at which point I was told shipment was expected in early September. Then...nothing. No emails, no confirmation, nothing. If I hadn't been on the forums, I would have had absolutely no idea what was going on. Early September became mid-September, mid-September became late September, late September became Oct 1 -- and still, no word from HD. Finally, on October 7, I got a cryptic e-mail telling me my "payment had been received" and a phone number was needed for delivery. I sent in my phone number and -- nothing. I week later, I emailed in and asked for an update. No reply. Finally, on the 19th, I PM'ed Fang; he said "our shipping dept made a mistake and forgot to do Aug orders shipping. We will ship the order today or tomorrow via international express mail. We will let you know you tracking then." Six days later, I got notice of a tracking number, and then finally got delivery.

At that point, it had been more than two months since the money was taken out of my account. As others have noted, this is too long to make a complaint with PayPal. When I got the unit and plugged it in to my Mac, it kept getting spit out. The only information I was able to learn about this was from other users -- but none of the suggestions I got were able to fix the problem. When I contacted Fang, he suggested that I use a different computer -- a suggestion I found quite incredible. (If I could afford to buy a new computer just to hook up to the 602, I'd just splurge on the 801.) He also suggested I just buy an external memory card and use that -- or, if I wanted, send the unit back and have them see if they could modify the USB port.

Working at minimum wage, it'd take approximately 54 hours to buy a 602 at the pre-sale price. I'd estimate that I've spent around 20 hours trying to deal with this. If I'd spent that time flipping burgers at McDonalds, I could probably afford to buy the 262s outright when they go on sale -- and this is before the time it'll take to either send this back or sell it off. So yes, normally it would seem crazy for people to suppose they might get to keep the 262s. This has not been a "normal" situation. That’s not to say I think I should be able to keep the 262s, or that HD should be letting people keep them, or whatever -- but this has been time-consuming, frustrating, maddening, you name it. If HD's goal was to build buzz and brand loyalty, they've done the precise opposite with me: I'm much less likely to buy one of their products in the future.

With that, I'll go back to work...and try to save up for a new pair of IEMs.

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #683 of 1,195
Hi guys it's been a while since I posted on headfi, but this little piece of equipment has got me glued again.

Say you were to put an 8gig card in the player en you put it on ''shuffle'', will it play the songs on the sd-card and the player or card or player?

And do they ship to Europe, the Netherlands?

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #684 of 1,195
They certainly ship to Europe. I seemed to get mine (in the UK) ahead of some other countries who had possibly been waiting longer.

As for the shuffle facility... well, let's just say if you are a big fan of shuffle, you may not be overly impressed. (My opinion: a small price to pay for SQ that could have been tailor-made for me).

Quote:
Hi guys it's been a while since I posted on headfi, but this little piece of equipment has got me glued again.

Say you were to put an 8gig card in the player en you put it on ''shuffle'', will it play the songs on the sd-card and the player or card or player?

And do they ship to Europe, the Netherlands?

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #686 of 1,195
Gotta say.  This thing puts out some serious sound.  Was giving it a quick listen to see how it sounded inside my Pelican w/ the LO of the 1010 case.  I'm a few hours past my bedtime now....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #688 of 1,195

Quote:
Hehe - the sound was certainly something I enjoyed. With that said I don't regret selling mine.
It'll be interesting what people think of it compared to the s:flo2.

Yep I'm also waiting for a detailed comparison. If the jump in SQ is worth it I may pick one up to replace my SFLO:2 after tax returns. I love my sflo:2 but time marches on and I will always upgrade if a DAP is in my price range and offers a SQ upgrade from the previous unit I use.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #689 of 1,195

Quote:

Take my case: I paid on August 23, at which point I was told shipment was expected in early September. Then...nothing. No emails, no confirmation, nothing. If I hadn't been on the forums, I would have had absolutely no idea what was going on. Early September became mid-September, mid-September became late September, late September became Oct 1 -- and still, no word from HD. Finally, on October 7, I got a cryptic e-mail telling me my "payment had been received" and a phone number was needed for delivery. I sent in my phone number and -- nothing. I week later, I emailed in and asked for an update. No reply. Finally, on the 19th, I PM'ed Fang; he said "our shipping dept made a mistake and forgot to do Aug orders shipping. We will ship the order today or tomorrow via international express mail. We will let you know you tracking then." Six days later, I got notice of a tracking number, and then finally got delivery.

Last year, I ordered a watch from Lum-Tec through the advice of other members on the watch forum on Head-Fi. I ordered it in March and was told that it would be ready in July. I finally wrote them in August, and asked what was going going on. The owner wrote me back and told me that there were some delays and I should receive mine in September. I asked why I wasn't written to, explaining of the delay and received no response. Well now, here it is, 20 months later and still no correspondence and no watch. 
Sometimes it just be that way. I'm still waiting for my Reference from Xin and it's been 2 years.
I find the customer service from Head-Direct to be excellent compared to most audio companies.. At least you got your delivery. 

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #690 of 1,195

Quote:

That's a pretty bold statement - almost as if you know exactly what the problem is. I repeat: I haven't had a single issue with my 602 (or indeed the S:Flo2) connecting or data transferring on my Mac. 602 fine on my little Linux box too (odd Xandros).

My 602 is not recognized by my Linux (version Zonbu).   It shows connected on the 602 screen for a short time then defaults back to the playing screen.   It never shows up as a drive on my monitor.   I have not yet tried the latest Linux versions.   I had the same problem with the Nuforce uDAC.  

All of my other USB items, including all of my portable drives and flash drives show up just fine. 

Despite this difficulty, I still consider the HM-602 to be a superb all-in-one, do-about-everything DAP.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back