HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Oct 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #662 of 1,195
Since the 602 may not be ready for prime time (at least in the case of Mac users), I think they should let you keep the IEMs for your trouble.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #663 of 1,195
It would have been nice, oh well I've headed to the FS section (see sig). 
Quick someone buy it
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #664 of 1,195

Quote:
Since the 602 may not be ready for prime time (at least in the case of Mac users), I think they should let you keep the IEMs for your trouble.

If you truly believe that, then I want to be your new best friend. Giving away nice stuff for free is a wonderful trait.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #665 of 1,195
If I offered a free piece of equipment as an incentive to potential buyers, they purchased my new product and that new product and/or my customer service (both of which appear to be the case here) was not up to snuff - they would get to keep the free piece of equipment. That would be the least I could do. 

Quote:
If you truly believe that, then I want to be your new best friend. Giving away nice stuff for free is a wonderful trait.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #666 of 1,195
Why is customer service not up to snuff?

...and, we live in a society that sells things to make money, and a provide a living for a company's employes.
Just giving away stuff, without any return, while being philanthropic, does not make any business sense.

It would be nice if we all were well off and could just give things away at random.

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #667 of 1,195
re: snuff
Read the other major 602 thread... missed delivery deadlines, lack of shipment notification - pretty obvious, actually.

Quote:
Why is customer service not up to snuff?

...and, we live in a society that sells things to make money, and a provide a living for a company's employes.
Just giving away stuff, without any return, while being philanthropic, does not make any business sense.

It would be nice if we all were well off and could just give things away at random.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #668 of 1,195
Quote:
re: snuff
Read the other major 602 thread... missed delivery deadlines, lack of shipment notification - pretty obvious, actually.

What electronic company never missed a deallines? i.e. Apple just did that yesterday.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #669 of 1,195

Quote:
What electronic company never missed a deallines? i.e. Apple just did that yesterday.

Again.  

Does the 602 come in white?  LOLOLOL!!  
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #670 of 1,195
I pre-ordered on 31Aug and I just received the package on 28Oct.

I initially had a problem connecting the hm602 to my late2008 Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.6.4) using my own USB cable, the connection just disconnected by itself.

When I use the USB cable supplied by Head-Direct, there were no problems, I could copy music to the 16Gb internal or the inserted Kingston Class4 8Gb SD card. I didn't have to reformat anything at all.

Hope this gives hope to fellow Mac users.. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #672 of 1,195

Quote:
I initially had a problem connecting the hm602 to my late2008 Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.6.4) using my own USB cable, the connection just disconnected by itself.

When I use the USB cable supplied by Head-Direct, there were no problems, I could copy music to the 16Gb internal or the inserted Kingston Class4 8Gb SD card. I didn't have to reformat anything at all.

Hope this gives hope to fellow Mac users.. 

Strange, strange. My stock cable didn't work on my friend's HP laptop or LG laptop or my dorm PC but the cables that came with my D2 2 years ago works flawlessly. What is more strange is that the stock cable won't connect, but still charge the player when connected to a usb port.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #673 of 1,195

Quote:
Strange, strange. My stock cable didn't work on my friend's HP laptop or LG laptop or my dorm PC but the cables that came with my D2 2 years ago works flawlessly. What is more strange is that the stock cable won't connect, but still charge the player when connected to a usb port.

Reminds me of when things aren't built to proper spec.  Like the HDMI spec fiasco a few years ago.  Samsung, cough, cough.  
mad.gif
  Like the 3D TV fiasco a few months ago.  Samsung, cough, cough.  
angry_face.gif
Manufacturers tend to release stuff they feel is good enough rather than 100% spec compliant.  This may or may not be the case here and may or may not be the cables, DAP or Laptop responsible.  Hard to say.  Most likely we will have a conclusive answer to burn-in before then.  

I can say the 602 gets warmer than the Sflo2 if you use the HO.  Not sure if this correlates to output power necessarily.  The output of the HO is quite good and am pressed to notice a difference if any between HO and LO like I did on the Sflo2.  The Sflo2 was clear cut to me.  It was sounding like I could give up my Arrow based on earlier impressions.  However, I will be keeping my Arrow to pair w/ the 602 though.  The Arrow gives the 602 more juice to drive bigger cans and offers added versatility to the 602 feature set.  The 602 w/ 24/96 playback, unique sounding NOS DAC, USB DAC capable,  48gb total storage coupled w/ the Arrow's superb bass boost, impedance, gain and crossfeed make this combination a serious force to be reckoned with IMO.  In a package that has little if any impact on the 602's footprint the sound signature is serious business.

I don't have the time to do a full review atm but I will say from ABing the 602 is better in most ways IMO than the Sflo2.  The Sflo2 might be better for soundstage Nazis though.  As a result my Sflo2 is FS if anyone is interested.  Flawless, nick free, full update to 2.3 w/ Zagg shield on both sides.  
tongue_smile.gif
  More on the 602 v. Sflo2 to come....

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #674 of 1,195
if you open for business please let us know
wink.gif
because ~

"what ever you r selling, i m buying "

"what ever business you r in, i wont be your financier"

"what ever you r ordering, i love to be your supplier "

"what ever your business is in, i would love to be your competitor"

yes, i will be your new very best friend, u r just too kind to all of us. god i wish there are more like you.

Quote:

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #675 of 1,195

oh, one more thing~~  i would love to be your accountant too ?? clearly you wont be able to know what my book keeping is doing and perhaps you dont care either...... but dont worry, i will run your company finance for you just fine, just the way you want it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
if you open for business please let us know
wink.gif
because ~

"what ever you r selling, i m buying "

"what ever business you r in, i wont be your financier"

"what ever you r ordering, i love to be your supplier "

"what ever your business is in, i would love to be your competitor"

yes, i will be your new very best friend, u r just too kind to all of us. god i wish there are more like you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back