Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Feb 17, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #421 of 862
100 bucks? Mine as well get that new apple wireless earpod or whatever its called.

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #422 of 862
what combination of full-size headphone work best with this cable II unit? I enjoy instrumental jazz, will be playing flac file from my Xiaomi Note 5AI phone. I see some headphone may produce hiss, so I want to avoid this obviously. My budget is under $100 (Cable II - amazon $28) including headphone.
I'm currently using ath- m40x headphones and they are great. They are about 80$ on amazon right now. I swapped the earpads out with some 14$ Hm5 earpads for more comfort.

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #424 of 862
Hi,
After flashing to pure music D mode. How does one change to 24bit 192khz mode. I can't seem to see this option in device properties

You will have to use an app that allows for locking the USB audio device at bit-perfect mode, i.e., that transfers the control of the digital-to-analogue conversion from your smartphone to the Sonata. The HiBy music app is what works better for me. Install it, go to the settings and toggle the "Exclusive HQ USB audio access".

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #426 of 862
I still have not had any contact from Hidizs regarding my faulty sonata. They are not replying to emails or messenger. I have even tried to contact them through Paypal. I thought they had a presence here on Headfi, and in particular this thread. Not having the best experience with them thus far :unamused:. Anyone else having issues contacting them?

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #427 of 862
I still have not had any contact from Hidizs regarding my faulty sonata. They are not replying to emails or messenger. I have even tried to contact them through Paypal. I thought they had a presence here on Headfi, and in particular this thread. Not having the best experience with them thus far :unamused:. Anyone else having issues contacting them?

I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience mate.

For me personally they've answered every question I asked them within a couple of days. Even about the DAC chip used in this DAC.

I don't know what else you can do. Try contacting them on Amazon ?

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #428 of 862
sigh. Thanks Lifted. I will try Amazon. However, I purchased the sonata straight from their own website. cheers mate

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #429 of 862
sigh. Thanks Lifted. I will try Amazon. However, I purchased the sonata straight from their own website. cheers mate

No worries mate, I was just thinking of other ways you can reach them.

Probably best when you send them a message to not say who you are, just write as if you're just asking a question about the product. Not any particular order. I think that would work.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #430 of 862

Hi mate, I would just like to point out that it's Chinese New year and they may be having a long break, which is why you are not hearing anything back

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #431 of 862
Ahhh, ok! I will keep that in mind. Was not aware how long the celebrations/holidays went for New Year. Thanks Navanod

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #433 of 862
Output impedance? I'm planning to use this with Shure Se846 (8 ohms) and it's very important to know that...

1.8 Ohms.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #435 of 862
I'll be moving away for college soon and I'm planning to downsize my audio gear. I've already sold or given away most of my full-size headphones & I'm also planning to sell my Cayin N3 DAP soon. I'm interested in buying something tiny like this portable HIDIZS dac-amp for now to listen directly from my phone. I'm planning to use it with 32 ohm iems like CCA C10.

So, I'm wondering how much of a downgrade will the SQ be when compared to something like Cayin N3? I want to ultimately buy DFR but don't want to spend that kind of money now.

Also, I don't like piercing highs & am treble sensitive. I've seen some users complaining that they sound too bright. So, does it make it very fatiguing to listen for extended periods of time?

Finally, did anyone use it with Honor phones? I've read that some people have run into issues because of the weird Honor software. I have Honor 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back