1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last
  1. Chessblitzer2017
    100 bucks? Mine as well get that new apple wireless earpod or whatever its called.

2. zamroc8
    I'm currently using ath- m40x headphones and they are great. They are about 80$ on amazon right now. I swapped the earpads out with some 14$ Hm5 earpads for more comfort.

3. rider
    Hi,
    After flashing to pure music D mode. How does one change to 24bit 192khz mode. I can't seem to see this option in device properties

4. Mellowship
    You will have to use an app that allows for locking the USB audio device at bit-perfect mode, i.e., that transfers the control of the digital-to-analogue conversion from your smartphone to the Sonata. The HiBy music app is what works better for me. Install it, go to the settings and toggle the "Exclusive HQ USB audio access".

j0p3Y likes this.
  5. rider
    Ok. Noted with thanks

6. BigDave
    I still have not had any contact from Hidizs regarding my faulty sonata. They are not replying to emails or messenger. I have even tried to contact them through Paypal. I thought they had a presence here on Headfi, and in particular this thread. Not having the best experience with them thus far :unamused:. Anyone else having issues contacting them?

7. Lifted Andreas
    I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience mate.

For me personally they've answered every question I asked them within a couple of days. Even about the DAC chip used in this DAC.

I don't know what else you can do. Try contacting them on Amazon ?

8. BigDave
    sigh. Thanks Lifted. I will try Amazon. However, I purchased the sonata straight from their own website. cheers mate

9. Lifted Andreas
    No worries mate, I was just thinking of other ways you can reach them.

Probably best when you send them a message to not say who you are, just write as if you're just asking a question about the product. Not any particular order. I think that would work.

10. Navanod
    Hi mate, I would just like to point out that it's Chinese New year and they may be having a long break, which is why you are not hearing anything back

11. BigDave
    Ahhh, ok! I will keep that in mind. Was not aware how long the celebrations/holidays went for New Year. Thanks Navanod

12. herdom
    Output impedance? I'm planning to use this with Shure Se846 (8 ohms) and it's very important to know that...

13. peter123
    1.8 Ohms.

14. herdom
    Wow!!! I think it's really high for the Shure... Thanks you for the info :beerchug:

peter123 likes this.
  15. rad7
    I'll be moving away for college soon and I'm planning to downsize my audio gear. I've already sold or given away most of my full-size headphones & I'm also planning to sell my Cayin N3 DAP soon. I'm interested in buying something tiny like this portable HIDIZS dac-amp for now to listen directly from my phone. I'm planning to use it with 32 ohm iems like CCA C10.

So, I'm wondering how much of a downgrade will the SQ be when compared to something like Cayin N3? I want to ultimately buy DFR but don't want to spend that kind of money now.

Also, I don't like piercing highs & am treble sensitive. I've seen some users complaining that they sound too bright. So, does it make it very fatiguing to listen for extended periods of time?

Finally, did anyone use it with Honor phones? I've read that some people have run into issues because of the weird Honor software. I have Honor 8.

Mellowship likes this.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last