Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #181 of 862
Hi all, any other confirmed reports of this working on the Huawei p20 pro?

Seen carlymarts post in page 3 however was hopeful there'd be more confirmed success as this solution would be perfect for me instead of getting a dedicated dap

Same doubt here with Huawei Honor 8, but ordered anyway. Worked perfectly in Android 7 and emui 5 and now with Android 8 and emui 8 still working flawlessly. Go for it!

Edit: also works with huawei m5 pro tablet, which is also a kirin based device.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #183 of 862
Thabks @Mellowship so confirmed working fine on your Huawei devices?

Did you have to flash firmware to V2?

As I said, working fine!

At least for the Kirin 950 (Honor 8) and 960 (M5 Pro LTE) with EMUI 8. So there is no reason it wouldn't work with the P20 Pro (Kirin 970/80?)

I didn't had to flash to V2 to get it working. I did flash it afterwards to see if there were some differences. Only use it with D mode.

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #185 of 862
thanks again, can confirm the p20 pro has Kirin 970 (or mine does anyway)

looks like this will work and negate the cost for a dedicated DAP

You're welcome! And it's not only the cost, but also the commodity, the comfort...
Hell, even the quality! The Sonata is a great DAC indeed!

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #186 of 862
Comparison

Sonata>>>VE Odyssey

I use them with Willsound MK2 , very good sound. With VE Monk + SPC , boring sound....

I have Samsung S8 and Neuron Pro player.

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #187 of 862
thanks for the further info, i was going to check that my given audio player (neutron or poweramp) would be able to "point" the audio to usb out and subsequently via the dac to my IEMS?

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #188 of 862
thanks for the further info, i was going to check that my given audio player (neutron or poweramp) would be able to "point" the audio to usb out and subsequently via the dac to my IEMS?

Those players should be able to direct the digital bit perfect signal to the DAC. I myself use the Hiby app, and it does it.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #189 of 862
As I said, working fine!

At least for the Kirin 950 (Honor 8) and 960 (M5 Pro LTE) with EMUI 8. So there is no reason it wouldn't work with the P20 Pro (Kirin 970/80?)

I didn't had to flash to V2 to get it working. I did flash it afterwards to see if there were some differences. Only use it with D mode.

I am using Hidiz Sonata with Huawei Honor Play which has Kirin 970 .... However, it works only in A mode and V2 Mode .... D mode doesn't works at all :frowning2: ... the dac connects and recognized as headset but no sound comes out :frowning2:

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #190 of 862
Those players should be able to direct the digital bit perfect signal to the DAC. I myself use the Hiby app, and it does it.
For bitperfect playback from my phone I tried lot of apps and I stick with USB Audio Player because it can play literally everything from anywhere. It streams from DLNA, Google Music, Tidal etc. and flawesly plays FLACs, WAVs, Native DSD, DSD via PCM and MQA. I am using it with iFi iDSD, Meridian Audio Explorer 2, Hidizs Sonata without any problems. I love this app. Only thing that missing is Spotify streaming in which case playback from phone will be better then from computer beacause Spotify Windows app still dont support ASIO / Wasapi :frowning2:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #191 of 862
Hi, I have a problem installing the drivers for windows and updating the Sonata.
First of all I have a notebook with windows 10 that has an i5 7th generation.
The first thing I did was download the zip files of the windows drivers and the D mode for the Sonata.

Then I unzipped the Zip drivers for windows, and installed the BravoHDSwPkgSetup, installed perfectly.
Then I wanted to open the other folder that is inside and install the file WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86. It throws me an error that says "there are not enough resources of mermoria to be able to process this comado".

Then I wanted to update the Sonata and in the step that I have to give Click the button that says "Write eeprom" tells me that there is not a USB detected, but the computer I detect it and I mark it as an audio output.

Someone could give me a hand please

PD:I clarify by the doubts that restart before wanting to install the windwos drivers and also reincie to update the sonata

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #192 of 862
Hi, I have a problem installing the drivers for windows and updating the Sonata.
First of all I have a notebook with windows 10 that has an i5 7th generation.
The first thing I did was download the zip files of the windows drivers and the D mode for the Sonata.

Then I unzipped the Zip drivers for windows, and installed the BravoHDSwPkgSetup, installed perfectly.
Then I wanted to open the other folder that is inside and install the file WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86. It throws me an error that says "there are not enough resources of mermoria to be able to process this comado".

Then I wanted to update the Sonata and in the step that I have to give Click the button that says "Write eeprom" tells me that there is not a USB detected, but the computer I detect it and I mark it as an audio output.

Someone could give me a hand please

PD:I clarify by the doubts that restart before wanting to install the windwos drivers and also reincie to update the sonata

Did you enter the PID&DIV device IDs on that window where you have to write the eeprom?

Use these values and see if it works:

VID: 22E1 and PID: E202

Nov 27, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #193 of 862
Guys

I am changing my mind...i think VE Odyssey is better in sound quality even it doesnot support 196khz...i think Sonata has harsh highs...after some time i get fatigue...

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #194 of 862
Did you enter the PID&DIV device IDs on that window where you have to write the eeprom?

Use these values and see if it works:

VID: 22E1 and PID: E202
Hello, thank you very much for the help. It worked :) . At the beginning when I put those numbers and letters that he told me, I see a sign that said connect the usb or reconnect it, I did it and nothing, I put fail. I tried again and it worked.
Is there any way to verify that I am in D mode? To be sure that everything was done correctly.

What I can not install from compressed files for windows is a file that is inside a folder named "WindowsInstaller 3_1", the file has the name of "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86"

With the smartphone it works without any problem but with the notebook it does not work for me, it tells me that the software was changed and now it can not recognize it, in mode D the notebook is not able to recognize it or I need to install the file that I mentioned?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #195 of 862
Hello, thank you very much for the help. It worked :) . At the beginning when I put those numbers and letters that he told me, I see a sign that said connect the usb or reconnect it, I did it and nothing, I put fail. I tried again and it worked.
Is there any way to verify that I am in D mode? To be sure that everything was done correctly.

What I can not install from compressed files for windows is a file that is inside a folder named "WindowsInstaller 3_1", the file has the name of "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86"

With the smartphone it works without any problem but with the notebook it does not work for me, it tells me that the software was changed and now it can not recognize it, in mode D the notebook is not able to recognize it or I need to install the file that I mentioned?

Win10 should recognize using its own USB DAC drivers. If it is not happening - try to locate unrecognized device in device manager, delete and reconnect. Seems that the problem is in your laptop. Try other one with the latest Win10.

To check whether it is in D mode - I can only tell on Win10 - if the device is allowing to set 24|192 in properties -> D mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back