Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #214 of 862
It seems to be a mixed bag. The plugs are made of metal and have great solid strain relieve. The braided cable seems durable but, as it is relatively thin and flimsy, it tends to bend too much too close to the strain relieves. I've been using mine about two-three days per week since I bought it some months ago, and it has been serving me well with no signs of wear and tear. If the plugs were smaller, I could smuggle in some pieces of retractile to reinforce the connections...

I believe the aforementioned Venture Electronics Odyssey seems to have a tougher cable, but I never handled one.

Well I am a pretty heavy user. I will be using it during work commute and at least 1hour per usage. And I tend to put the phone inside my pocket and hence will have no idea how the wires are twisted.

Based on your description I am a little bit concerned.

Or are there any heavy users here to give some comment?

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #215 of 862
This is an opinion of my friends also who tried them...i use samsung s8 , neutron player with direct usb access and only flac files.

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #217 of 862
Same here. Placed the order on 23 November and no update since then. I have asked them but they are very slow to respond.

EDIT: Just got the shipping confirmation e-mail.
Their tracking is crap. I stay in South East Asia

After contacting support, received a shipping confirmation with the delivery destination India . 5 days later received another shipping confirmation email with a different tracking number, destination Romania now.

Dont even know where my package is. Gonna contact them and file for refund soon in the next week or so if item not yet received

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #218 of 862
What is the difference between HibyMusic and USB Audio Player PRO to use it only with Sonata?
And another question, Is there any way to have more numbers to choose the volume better in W10? I swear to you that it is in 2 (it is the minimum) and it is perfect or it is a lot of power, I use the Audio Technica Ath-M40x and the Fiio F9 PRO

I am surprised by this little thing that has power, in the smartphone I have it at less than 40% and it is perfect.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #219 of 862
What is the difference between HibyMusic and USB Audio Player PRO to use it only with Sonata?
And another question, Is there any way to have more numbers to choose the volume better in W10? I swear to you that it is in 2 (it is the minimum) and it is perfect or it is a lot of power, I use the Audio Technica Ath-M40x and the Fiio F9 PRO

I am surprised by this little thing that has power, in the smartphone I have it at less than 40% and it is perfect.

HubyMusic can send bit-perfect sstream to a device if supported. Not sure about Audio Player PRO.
In W10 it depends which music app to use. Foobar has a volume knob with smooth adjustment.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #220 of 862
HubyMusic can send bit-perfect sstream to a device if supported. Not sure about Audio Player PRO.
In W10 it depends which music app to use. Foobar has a volume knob with smooth adjustment.

Yeah, UAPP can send bit perfect as well :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back