1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hidizs Sonata HD DAC cable - new tiny and mighty DAC&AMP

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by IryxBRO, May 25, 2018.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. Galeonero
    Hi, nothing yet. I deleted it and uninstalled it did not change anything. The poster continues to show me that there is a problem in managing devices.

2. IryxBRO
    Win10 does have the latest upgrades? Have you tried with another Win10-based laptop or PC? Seems that the problem is in your Win10 on this laptop...

3. Galeonero
    Hi, I do not have another PC or notebook at home. The strange thing is that before upgrading to D mode the notebook recognized me as an audio device, when I switched to D mode it does not recognize me. Could it be that by being in the D mode w10 does not detect it?

4. IryxBRO
    DIfferent modes require different support from Win10. So, it is normal that now it tries to add the new device after changing to D. What is not normal - that it doesn't locate the right driver for that. It means that either your Win10 is not upgraded to the current release or there is come kind of HW problem. That is why I am asking you whether you can try it on another PC. If it would work - that you should definitely dig into your Win10 problems.

5. Sotiris
    Please chat privately this is not an issue of SONATA , its a issue you have with your operating system.

6. Galeonero
    I'll try it on another computer in a few days. I wanted it for my smartphone and it works, so no complaints.

But it seems really strange to me that at first I detected it and now that it goes to mode D no.

Can you tell me what the file is for inside the folder windowsinstaller3_1? It may be that this is happening because I can install the file.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  7. queerquirks
    Any idea how long it takes to update shipping details? Purchased confirmation on Monday and until now, no updates on shipping

8. Lieon
    Hi all, just wanted to chime in that the Sonata works well with the new iPad Pro that has the USB-C port. Works exactly like you would imagine, just plug and play. I don’t know what bit/sample rate its playing at though.

9. Galeonero
    Error

10. Galeonero
    Hello, I tried it on another computer with W10 and it worked perfectly, I did not have to install anything and I detect it as a sound device in less than 30 seconds.

Today try again on my computer and I appreciate the option to reveal the previous driver and it worked! Now no problem :)
    Select in W10 at 24 bits at 192kbps and no problem.

The truth is I'm quite happy with this Sonada HD, except 1 thing. When I carry it in my pocket connected to my smartphone I am afraid that the cable will be broken because it is finite but it is not a fat cable to avoid jerks, does anyone have any recommendation to cover it? I was thinking about heat shrinkable joints but I would like to put something else on it.

11. IryxBRO
    Glad that it is finally working on your PC. :) As to the cable - heatshrink would be a good option, I think. For example - transparent one. Or even wrapping it with heatshrink and straight zip tie inside would be even better

12. dogofit
    Maybe this is not the best time to ask since this is a new product, but does the dac at least feel durable?

I am using HTC u11. The stock adapter from HTC doesn't last long and I am using the third one in 8 months, with each one lasts for 3 months or so. I am looking for an adapter that can last long.

13. Mellowship
    It seems to be a mixed bag. The plugs are made of metal and have great solid strain relieve. The braided cable seems durable but, as it is relatively thin and flimsy, it tends to bend too much too close to the strain relieves. I've been using mine about two-three days per week since I bought it some months ago, and it has been serving me well with no signs of wear and tear. If the plugs were smaller, I could smuggle in some pieces of retractile to reinforce the connections...

I believe the aforementioned Venture Electronics Odyssey seems to have a tougher cable, but I never handled one.

14. Sotiris
    Guys

The highs of Sonata are too annoying and piercing and fatigue... i have put them aside...i prefer Oddysey

15. Mellowship
    Can you please discriminate in what conditions you experience those reported distortion in the treble?
    I.E., what files/music/app/software/equipment/earphones you are using that gives you the impression that the Sonata is being culprit with the treble distortion.

Because most of us here don't have that perception. Can there be something wrong with your Sonata? Did you update FW?

Leo-rume likes this.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last