Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jan 24, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #856 of 992
Thanks for the comparisons. Choosing a DAP based on features is hard enough but add in synergy and it becomes a lot more complicated. Especially with the NT6 since they are fairly rare, so not a lot of people have the experience to make the comparisons.

True, that is why the never ending search. At the moment, I feel like I need to have 3 to 4 DAPs to cover features and SQ I want.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #857 of 992
Finally got a response from Hidition about getting my NT6pros fixed. They say the cost is within $100 of just having a new one made - that I should just buy a new one. Does that sound right? Is this typical of other CIEM manufacturers in getting a simple repair?

Remember, these are great looking, great sounding CIEMs that simply had a pin break off in the socket and needed a socket replaced so I could plug in a cable. They offered to fix the pin for $10 plus $60 shipping for a total of $70 - but said that there were some significant issues they were hearing in their test that suggested it needed some repair. I agreed to let them do a full remold so they could check and get it back to full working status. I personally never heard a problem but figured, what the hell, its there and could use a tune up. They said the remold would be $350 plus any parts needed. I figured worse case, $500 and I would have a good as new CIEM. So I paid another $50 for a new set of molds, and another $30 in shipping to get them there. So net, net, I have spent around $100 to get my awesome CIEMs to them for a simple repair, and now I have nothing unless I want to pay them another $60 to ship back a bunch of non-working parts. Oh, I guess they gave me an option of buying a new one at full price.

I feel like I am getting hijacked by Hidition - am I looking at this wrong? What's my recourse? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #858 of 992
Wait, what? That's messed up... How could it possibly be so expensive to repair? They seemed like a pretty honest company in my dealings with them but that is hard to defend...

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #860 of 992
BTW are you sure there wasn't any miscommunication? If they charge that much for repairs I'll be sure to send mine in while under warranty for any possible minor issue...

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #861 of 992
Hidition has finished with the repairs on my NT-6. However, their explanation of what caused the problem seems weird.

Are they saying the parts they use are sensitive to electromagnetic field? First time I hear about this in an iem. My Roxanne has been exposed to the same environment and didn't exhibit any hint of problems for years now.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #862 of 992
Hidition has finished with the repairs on my NT-6. However, their explanation of what caused the problem seems weird.

Are they saying the parts they use are sensitive to electromagnetic field? First time I hear about this in an iem. My Roxanne has been exposed to the same environment and didn't exhibit any hint of problems for years now.

Just take it that some of the BA drivers are faulty on your unit. Could be because of humidity or high voltage, though I can't say that I've ever heard of drivers dying from magnetic fields.

At any case, kinda weird that your NT6 is supposedly broken even though it sounds so good to you.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #863 of 992

I've had experience with another CIEM manufacturer that also blamed me for problems with the iem.

On one hand, I understand that they do not know what exactly happens day to day with our CIEMs, and that it might be hard for them to pinpoint what causes these problems.

On the other hand, I think that it is a sense of pride that makes these manufacturers form such opinions, that it could only be our fault. It's not fair to the customer and repair costs can rack up...

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #864 of 992
I've had experience with another CIEM manufacturer that also blamed me for problems with the iem.

On one hand, I understand that they do not know what exactly happens day to day with our CIEMs, and that it might be hard for them to pinpoint what causes these problems.

On the other hand, I think that it is a sense of pride that makes these manufacturers form such opinions, that it could only be our fault. It's not fair to the customer and repair costs can rack up...

If the assessment from Hidition is true, they should not be selling such a product. I only use an iem to listen to music and that's it. I even pampered my NT-6 as it was my most used iem so it either spend it's time in my ears or in the case. 

Never have any in-ear or full size headphones broke on me yet.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #865 of 992
If the assessment from Hidition is true, they should not be selling such a product. I only use an iem to listen to music and that's it. I even pampered my NT-6 as it was my most used iem so it either spend it's time in my ears or in the case. 

Never have any in-ear or full size headphones broke on me yet.

Good point. If our other iems / headphones are exposed to the same conditions, why are they not in need of servicing...

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #866 of 992
With the comment from Hidition, I am not confident the NT-6 will last long. When I get my Fitear 333 I will make a thorough comparison and see if I can just live with 333 alone and let NT-6 go

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #867 of 992
I just got my NT-6 back. Boy I missed them. I have the LPG and DX200 with me and I am leaning towards DX200. NT-6 sounds hyper-detailed with LPG but the staging and the overall presentation is unreal on DX200. That is only on single ended. Can't wait to get home and try it with the balanced cable.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #868 of 992
With the comment from Hidition, I am not confident the NT-6 will last long. When I get my Fitear 333 I will make a thorough comparison and see if I can just live with 333 alone and let NT-6 go

one does not let his NT6 go so easily

dx200 seems a great dap , only things that keep me from getting it is the small battery and the lack of zx2 trrs termination , 2 things that wm1a has a clear advantage over dx200

still dx200 sounds very promising

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #869 of 992
The single ended and balanced out of DX200 don't sound much different with NT-6. I thought with the balanced out there is just a slightly more clarity between elements in the stage. 

I am currently listening to NT6 with LPG. Everything seems to be laid out in your face, every element is clear and seems to have a little bit more treble sparkle than DX200. However, as far are the subtle or micro details in the low end, DX200 resolves more than LPG. DX200 also has deeper, bigger impact in the bass. All that combined with the depth, width and overall space in the sound presentation, DX200 is clearly ahead. It can resolve details and allows to to easily imagine how each element in the 3D soundstage are placed or located. Unlike LPG which seems to have a shallow depth in the overall soundstage. 

Harsh sounding recordings tends to be highlighted with LPG, but it's a little bit more tolerable with DX200. But nonetheless, still harsh.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #870 of 992
Also, I bought an Alo Audio Reference 8 iem cable. This is the most robust and the most solid built cable I can find. From high quality angled 2-pin connector, which also fit snugly and tight into NT-6 socket to the right angled plug which seems to insert securly into DX200's 2.5mm socket. When pushed all the way there is a click which tells me the connection is tight and secured. The wire splitter is also solid made of aluminum I think. Lastly the cable is soft and not prone to tangling. For an 8-conductor cable it looks thin.

The previous cable I used although have equally solid build the 2-ping connector is straight and a bit loose. I had the monitor fell off a couple of times. The straight plug seems to put stress too much on the DAP's socket when the cable gets caught into something. It's also an 8-conductor cable but noticeably thicker.

Hopefully, it helps to prolong my NT-6. When it goes out of warranty and break. It feels like it's good as gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back