Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jan 14, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #511 of 992
  Anyway, here are some poorly taken photos of my just-received NT-6 Pro's 
rolleyes.gif

And they sound fantastic 
ksc75smile.gif

Wow, those are beautiful.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #512 of 992
  I also tried inverting the polarities of the cables and I seem to have answered my own question, sort of. I do not hear any difference between swapping the polarities of both sides of the cables. It seems as long as both are in phase, there should be no audible difference 
rolleyes.gif
 I tried some polarity test tracks and the NT-6 still sounded correct as long as both are in phase. I am really clueless when it comes to the scientific/technical area of audio 
confused_face_2.gif

That was my conclusion as well. If we get picky and know a song inside out, we may find that the instruments are on the opposite sides as normal, but typically this doesn't matter to me and can be corrected quickly if it did. Out of phase and there are weird problems. Unfortunately, neither the cable makers nor the CIEM manufacturers are doing us any favors with clear markings to show us the intended phase alignment so it is all a guess at best.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #513 of 992
But wouldn't that mean that the you'll be listening to them with the polarities inverted? Would that be audible or negative in any way?
Sorry for spamming questions but I'm just curious that's all.

Dunno. Guess it depends on the listener, preference and listening experience.

From what I tried with my NT-6 the soundstage and subbass (likely from phase shift) will slightly increase, but the stereo seperation and image is just plain wrong and unnatural as possible.
Details which should occur in the center of the track are placed at the edge of soundstage. I don't like it at all.

Other IEM's may suffer even more from phase shift, as they aren't as neutral as the NT-6.

Jan 15, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #514 of 992
wow that was frequency response for nt6 pro. they surely changed the tuning. looks smoother to me.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #515 of 992
  Wow, those are beautiful.

Thank you 
etysmile.gif
. But they sure blew a hole in my wallet 
frown.gif

That was my conclusion as well. If we get picky and know a song inside out, we may find that the instruments are on the opposite sides as normal, but typically this doesn't matter to me and can be corrected quickly if it did. Out of phase and there are weird problems. Unfortunately, neither the cable makers nor the CIEM manufacturers are doing us any favors with clear markings to show us the intended phase alignment so it is all a guess at best.

Dunno. Guess it depends on the listener, preference and listening experience.

From what I tried with my NT-6 the soundstage and subbass (likely from phase shift) will slightly increase, but the stereo seperation and image is just plain wrong and unnatural as possible.
Details which should occur in the center of the track are placed at the edge of soundstage. I don't like it at all.

Other IEM's may suffer even more from phase shift, as they aren't as neutral as the NT-6.

I also tried a plugin on foobar which allowed me to reverse the phase of both the left and right channels simultaneously while listening to some tracks. No audible difference whatsoever that I could tell.

Anyways, the stock cable sounds great. It provides the NT-6 with quite a bit of extra warmth over my balanced SPC cable. Any idea what material (copper/silver/SPC) does Hidition use for their cables? Also, does anyone know if the sockets for the cable connectors will loosen over time?

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #516 of 992
Guess i'm the only one that get's bothered by the effects of inverted polarity.

Hidition Stock cable is made of copper.
No idea if they have changed it, but Hidition had build 0.80 mm sockets instead of 0.78mm into my NT6.
The only cable that didn't flushed out was the stock one, as it had 0.80mm pins themselves.
So the connectors were loose from the very beginning on my unit.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #517 of 992
  wow that was frequency response for nt6 pro. they surely changed the tuning. looks smoother to me.

you think so?  from memory of the old charts somewhere in this thread, it seems like the bass hump got bigger.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #518 of 992

you think so?  from memory of the old charts somewhere in this thread, it seems like the bass hump got bigger.

That is a NT6 pro, so I guess the bass hump is for the pro. But the treble peak at 11k Hz has definitely gone down a lot. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #519 of 992
hey NT-6 owners , i have 2 questions - any help is appreciated
biggrin.gif

1) is NT6  brighter than K3003 ?
2) does NT6 pair well with SONY ZX2 ?

thank you in advance, for any feedback/help 
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #520 of 992
anyone ?

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #521 of 992
did you ever hear the v3 whiplash hybrid with your ver.2 Nt6? how did it sound?

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #522 of 992
is anyone using the NT6 with his ZX2 ? Impressions ?

Also , what is a good cable that blends well with NT6 sound ?

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #523 of 992
So I picked up another cable off another headfiers recommendation. I ordered from headphonelounge.com. So far it has been pretty good and I would say it blends pretty well. It sounds better without changing the sound signature too much. My previous cable made the soundstage a little smaller and added some warmth. I like Ted's cable better.

I tried the zx2 for 5 min in Japan (wife was losing patience). From what I heard I was impressed. It was just a little expensive especially after I just bought the nt6. Hdp r10(for sale) and LG v10 have been awesome pairing. So far, the mojo has been the best pairing.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #524 of 992
Im using liz reference silver cable from ted. His website is headphonelounge.com really good buy.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #525 of 992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back