Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #422 of 992
  Glancing at the NT1's FR, they share heavy resemblance to the Knowles ED-29689, which are used in the ER4.

Can you please share the FR graph with us? 

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #425 of 992
Has anybody purchased the NT-6 with the mother of pearl artwork? I've looked at the pictures online, but was wondering if they look as good in person. Thanks

I was wondering about the pearl too. However, I can confirm that my carbon fibre looks stunning in person and I was concerned with that as well until I received them.

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #426 of 992
I had mine done in mother of pearl (option MP8 on the website).  I was lucky enough to be in Korea to see them in person before buying.  Now that I received mine, pictures cannot capture how awesome they look.  There are random swirls that change colors in the light.  Also, the pearl is set beneath a polished clear layer which gives it nice depth.  
I wish I could post pictures but this is my first post.  

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #427 of 992
I had mine done in mother of pearl (option MP8 on the website).  I was lucky enough to be in Korea to see them in person before buying.  Now that I received mine, pictures cannot capture how awesome they look.  There are random swirls that change colors in the light.  Also, the pearl is set beneath a polished clear layer which gives it nice depth.  
I wish I could post pictures but this is my first post.  

How do they sound? How do they compare to your other gear?

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #428 of 992
DAP - IBasso HDP R10
In Ear - Sony XBA H3, ER4P
Over Ear - Shure 1540, V-moda XS
Custom - Hidition NT6 w/ Linum Bax cable 

Fit ad Finish are excellent.  Good seal even with movement and can wear for hours and hours.  
     My preference for sound signature leans towards analytical with an occasional need for bass (rap, edm).  The ER4P was close to my ideal but I kept feeling like the bass was too light in most songs.  The NT6 gives me just enough bass and even more clarity compared to the ER4P and XBA H3.  
     Paired with the HDP R10, the NT6 is definitely a 10/10 for me.  Only tweak I wish I could make would be to have the same soundstage as the XBA H3.  It seems more open which is probably due to the H3 being a hybrid with vents.  Pic now available! 

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #429 of 992
Beautiful pair Driftstar, and congrats for your purchase.

I understand your point about the HDP-R10: I had the chance to audition a DX100 for about a month, and even though the combination is a little bright for my taste, the sound was really magical.
A big soundstage (rather 3D), with the ability to let you feel emotion, incredible bass slam, and the feeling to hear my pair at its full potential.

I am almost jealous

Jun 28, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #430 of 992
  DAP - IBasso HDP R10

Fit ad Finish are excellent.  Good seal even with movement and can wear for hours and hours.  
     My preference for sound signature leans towards analytical with an occasional need for bass (rap, edm).  The ER4P was close to my ideal but I kept feeling like the bass was too light in most songs.  The NT6 gives me just enough bass and even more clarity compared to the ER4P and XBA H3.  
     Paired with the HDP R10, the NT6 is definitely a 10/10 for me.  Only tweak I wish I could make would be to have the same soundstage as the XBA H3.  It seems more open which is probably due to the H3 being a hybrid with vents.  Pic now available! 

Wow, nice look! And nice case by the way - were did you get that? I need to get one of those cases to protect mine.

As for sound stage and other elements of the character, there is a change over time that is noticeable, but not quick. There is also a noticeable widening of the sound stage with silver cables. The NT6pro scales incredibly as well. The widest I had heard it was at CANJAM at the Schiit exhibit where they were showing off the new Ygg/Rok stack. Through that pair, it was competing with the HD800 in sound stage. Its close, but wasn't quite as big overall, however, was much more natural and organic - and IMO bested the HD800.

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #431 of 992
DAP - IBasso HDP R10

Looks great! I do have to ask though. Are you not concerned about the socket placement of the ciem?

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #432 of 992
     I picked up the case in Japan but you can order it online.  It is made by Audio Technica (AT-HPP300).  The case stays secure by zipper and has an internal cage that lets you quickly wrap the cord.  The best part is that the cage protects the earpieces and makes the case essentially crush proof.  Plus I have space to throw in a dessicant pack and it comes with a carabiner.  It is the first case for headphones that I like.
     I will have to check out that Ygg/Rok stack since it is pretty amazing to best the HD800.  Haha I told my wife the NT6 was the last headphone but I never said anything about buying other gear.  Happy to be a part of this awesome hobby.  

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #433 of 992
Looks great! I do have to ask though. Are you not concerned about the socket placement of the ciem?

If you are talking about the socket for the wires, I initially was concerned that they would be easy to snap off.  But i googled pictures of other ciems and saw similar socket placement so i thought it was normal.  The socket position has not posed a problem for fitment with both memory wire and the Linum Bax cable.  I have even had 2 snags and have seen no fracture or damage.  
     To me, if I do something to break them at the socket, then I have not been taking care of them like $1K earphones.  If an accident happens it, then it happens.  I do my best to protect them by always using the case when not listening.  This is coming from a hardcore case hater who loved rolling up the wires and shoving the whole mess in my pocket.  

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #434 of 992
     If you are talking about the socket for the wires, I initially was concerned that they would be easy to snap off.  But i googled pictures of other ciems and saw similar socket placement so i thought it was normal.  The socket position has not posed a problem for fitment with both memory wire and the Linum Bax cable.  I have even had 2 snags and have seen no fracture or damage.  
     To me, if I do something to break them at the socket, then I have not been taking care of them like $1K earphones.  If an accident happens it, then it happens.  I do my best to protect them by always using the case when not listening.  This is coming from a hardcore case hater who loved rolling up the wires and shoving the whole mess in my pocket.  

Yup that's what I meant.

Hmm... I didn't know it was so common haha... The customs I've seen usually put it about midway on the faceplate and not so close to the edge. But glad to hear that it's completely safe! :wink:

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #435 of 992
  Beautiful pair Driftstar, and congrats for your purchase.

I understand your point about the HDP-R10: I had the chance to audition a DX100 for about a month, and even though the combination is a little bright for my taste, the sound was really magical.
A big soundstage (rather 3D), with the ability to let you feel emotion, incredible bass slam, and the feeling to hear my pair at its full potential.

I am almost jealous

Definitely must hear the album on my avatar.  Loved the live stage sound, and R10 really put some emotion into the music for NT-6.  Vocals have emotions with the R10.  I have the Layla currently, and it doesn't touch the NT-6 interms of clarity and resolution.  NT-6 definitely is very underhyped jewl of a CIEM.  I love the bass on the NT-6, so well controlled, and accurate if the sourced well with the quality recording.  I bet it's pretty much an end game CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back