Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Jan 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #407 of 992
Hi there, I've been trying to decide between the NT6 and Pro for a while (cannot demo them). I definitely want a brighter than neutral CIEM and was going to get the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, but wanted something with slightly more forward vocals and more bass.  Which would be the better choice of the Pro and non-Pro version? From the reviews it seems the NT6 has more forward vocals, but the Pro has more bass.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #408 of 992
Hi there, I've been trying to decide between the NT6 and Pro for a while (cannot demo them). I definitely want a brighter than neutral CIEM and was going to get the Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, but wanted something with slightly more forward vocals and more bass.  Which would be the better choice of the Pro and non-Pro version? From the reviews it seems the NT6 has more forward vocals, but the Pro has more bass.

That's exactly right! I just demoed the two of them- for the third time in a matter of weeks- today. The nt6 vocals are more forward and also clearer. Oh that crystal clarity. There's bits to like for both, frankly.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #409 of 992
IMO, even tho the nt6 and pro demoes are force fit and theoretically will give you the sound of the custom, i'd get the nt6 as I think the custom nt6 pro will have too much bass for me. And the custom nt6 would have just enough for me

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #410 of 992

I was considering these a while back and although I haven't demoed them, I have read plenty of comments and reviews. My take is that if you want a more U-shaped sound go with the PRO.  If you want a bright sound and fairly thick mids, go with the non-PRO.  Also, my understanding is that the PRO is more bass enhanced than the non-PRO, but the latter still has more bass than an Etymotic type monitor. So unless you're a bass lover, you should be okay with the non-PRO. I'm sure someone will correct me if anything I wrote is wrong.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #411 of 992

I was considering these a while back and although I haven't demoed them, I have read plenty of comments and reviews. My take is that if you want a more U-shaped sound go with the PRO.  If you want a bright sound and fairly thick mids, go with the non-PRO.  Also, my understanding is that the PRO is more bass enhanced than the non-PRO, but the latter still has more bass than an Etymotic type monitor. So unless you're a bass lover, you should be okay with the non-PRO. I'm sure someone will correct me if anything I wrote is wrong.

I should point out that the pro bass is not warm or enhanced - but is powerful and extended giving it full sized hp capabilities and a natural full sized sound. I couldn't imagine not having this super capability. Not having heard the non-pro, I would be afraid of it sounding gimped in comparison. The rest of the signature depends on the source - x5 forward mids, dx90 distant mids, ak100 II turned up smooth rich mids that are just right.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #412 of 992

If you compare the two frequency response curves by Hidition, it does show that the pro has more elevated bass than the NT-6.  In order to be sure of which sound signature is preferred, it's best to hear both than speculate based on number of cross-overs and etc. I will be getting my UERM which is three way which is what I preferred over UE18 which is 4-way when demoing.  18 sounded colored than I prefer.

I have not demo'd the two models, but I have spoken to Hidition directly that I look for leveled signature, and they recommended the non-pro.

And of course like Barras says, I also find sources have some affects on the sound output of my NT-6 

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #413 of 992
did they change the cable that comes with it?  someone's picture a few pages back shows a clear silver cable.  the website still shows a black one.  is it still microphonic/the best stockcable to pair with it?

thanks

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #415 of 992
Anyone contacted Hidition recently?  I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago, yet they never made any replies.  Emailed them again 3-4 days ago, no response also.  How long do they usually answer?

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #416 of 992
Anyone contacted Hidition recently?  I emailed them almost 2 weeks ago, yet they never made any replies.  Emailed them again 3-4 days ago, no response also.  How long do they usually answer?

Not atypical, small Korean firm dependent on a part time translator. But worth the effort.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #417 of 992
Not atypical, small Korean firm dependent on a part time translator. But worth the effort.

Quite impressed with their efficiency too! I penned out an email with my pitiful korean and they actually replied my email back with at least 8 paragraphs of English!!! Even though they took a week but their response in English was great!

Very impressed with how they took the extra mile to reply in English knowing that my korean is poor:).

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #418 of 992
It's a shame there aren't demos of Hidition products outside Asia. I've been tempted to get one of their CIEMs, but need to demo first. I wonder if they would consider some kind of "Head-Fi tour" of one of their demo units. Probably not.

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #419 of 992
It's a shame there aren't demos of Hidition products outside Asia. I've been tempted to get one of their CIEMs, but need to demo first. I wonder if they would consider some kind of "Head-Fi tour" of one of their demo units. Probably not.

That would be amazing.  Someone in South Korea should get in touch with them about this..

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #420 of 992
Has anyone tried the cheaper NT1? It has only one balanced armatured driver but couldn't find any review of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back