Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Dec 12, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #736 of 992
If it takes them weeks to reply to a single mail then I am going to arrange a recourse with Null Audio. This is the reason I was hesitant to place the order directly to them. As much as I like the NT-6, I would ask Null Audio to return my NT-6 and move on if AAW can't help fixing my NT-6. Hidition has to down-size it's operation if they can't handle customers outside Korea. 

Keep us updated. The nt6 is one possibility I'd like to look up if I sell my se5ult.

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #737 of 992
Wow, international shipping is a pain in the ---. Having difficulty finding a reasonable rate from the US. Online options are ridiculous for comparing pricing often requiring calling or showing up at a shipping company. FedEx just quoted me almost $100 to ship a ridiculously light and small box uninsured. Will try USPS tomorrow, but hate to trust them with anything. Really feel like I am taking a big chance here. What is even worse is worrying about customs trying to hold up a package for ransom if I apply a $1200 USD price even though it is only a repair. I know that we have a Korea/US free trade agreement, but I cannot help but worry given the complexities.

Feel like I am being stupid and should just pay for a reshell from someone local like 1964ears. But then I have to worry more about SQ changes. Dougghhh!!!!

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #738 of 992
  Wow, international shipping is a pain in the ---. Having difficulty finding a reasonable rate from the US. Online options are ridiculous for comparing pricing often requiring calling or showing up at a shipping company. FedEx just quoted me almost $100 to ship a ridiculously light and small box uninsured. Will try USPS tomorrow, but hate to trust them with anything. Really feel like I am taking a big chance here. What is even worse is worrying about customs trying to hold up a package for ransom if I apply a $1200 USD price even though it is only a repair. I know that we have a Korea/US free trade agreement, but I cannot help but worry given the complexities.

Feel like I am being stupid and should just pay for a reshell from someone local like 1964ears. But then I have to worry more about SQ changes. Dougghhh!!!!

To be honest if I were you I would go for a 3rd party reshell especially if the 3rd party is local. I don't know if a reshell will have impact on SQ but if the 3rd party is competent enough I would trust them over Hidition right now. 

I feel that with Hidition, Murphy's law is in full effect.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #739 of 992
As upset as I am with hidition right now, after asking them on the phone about the lack of email response I really wonder if something is causing them not to receive the emails or the outgoing aren't making it to the recipient.  They honestly seem to believe they are replying to all the emails they get.  They are slow to reply though no matter how you contact them aside from phone.  

BTW not defending them or saying that excuses anything.  It is totally their responsibility to figure out the cause of the complaints if that is the case...

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #740 of 992
As upset as I am with hidition right now, after asking them on the phone about the lack of email response I really wonder if something is causing them not to receive the emails or the outgoing aren't making it to the recipient.  They honestly seem to believe they are replying to all the emails they get.  They are slow to reply though no matter how you contact them aside from phone.  

BTW not defending them or saying that excuses anything.  It is totally their responsibility to figure out the cause of the complaints if that is the case...

So they are aware of multiple people trying to contact them and getting no response but are saying that they have replied to all the emails they have received?

Dec 13, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #741 of 992
No they are not aware anyone wasn't getting a response.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #742 of 992
Taking the risk against my better judgement, but feel it's my best option to retain the same SQ. Just shipped to their address. I'm just as worried about UPS doing their job given the international shipping. My only comfort is that I can post to their open forum and air any dirty laundry if necessary. They seem to care about that.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #743 of 992
This is such a shame. I just went to Null Audio to demo the Hidition NT6 Pro and fell in love with it on first listen but these horror stories are keeping me from ordering a pair. Do update us on how the repair process goes and especially if AAW can do anything about the problem.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #744 of 992
This is such a shame. I just went to Null Audio to demo the Hidition NT6 Pro and fell in love with it on first listen but these horror stories are keeping me from ordering a pair. Do update us on how the repair process goes and especially if AAW can do anything about the problem.

They really do sound outstanding.  I might be up in Seoul in a couple weeks.  I will try and drop by the main store there and see if I can get to the bottom of this.  

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #746 of 992

Well, Null Audio still has not come back to me after a week of giving them back my NT-6. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #747 of 992
  Well, Null Audio still has not come back to me after a week of giving them back my NT-6. 

Yeah Null Audio's communication is only slightly better than Hidition...

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #748 of 992
  Yeah Null Audio's communication is only slightly better than Hidition...

It feels like entrusting a kid to do an important task. You have to constantly remind them or push them or they won't move at all. Every time I send a mail I always have to follow up at least once after waiting several days before getting a response. 

The only time I get an almost instantaneous response was when I scheduled a time to demo NT-6 on a weekend.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #749 of 992

If you haven't tried already, you might find Fitear 333 having somewhat similar characteristics as NT-6. However, it is more expensive. But build quality and being offered by Jaben will give you better peace of mind in case something goes wrong. I have one on the way.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #750 of 992

If you haven't tried already, you might find Fitear 333 having somewhat similar characteristics as NT-6. However, it is more expensive. But build quality and being offered by Jaben will give you better peace of mind in case something goes wrong. I have one on the way.

If you thought dealing with the Koreans were bad, the Japanese are so much worse. If your customs come out perfect on the first try (and it usually does) it's all good, but pray that you don't come across any issues. Half-year waiting times without communication are common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back