HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jun 3, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #2,206 of 3,403
hello,

my first post here on this thread. my RS8 just arrived today and is on its 6th hour of playtime.
my question, what's the installed firmware that came along with the RS8 that went out starting from april to the present? mine has the 1.10. upgraded it already to 1.11.

thank you.
my bad. stopped reading at page 100. haha
thought 1.11 was the latest. it's already on V 1.2. should have pushed the update button after the 1.11 was installed. ☺️

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #2,208 of 3,403
Кто-нибудь сравнивал RS8 с A&K SE 300 (последний R2R)?
я сравнивал, и A&K SE300 и честно говоря для меня они не идут ни в какое сравнение. Если вам интересно то я дам сравнение с деталями. Напишите если интересно, но краткий ответ что большая разница в звучании даже больше чем разница в цене.

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #2,209 of 3,403
я сравнивал, и A&K SE300 и честно говоря для меня они не идут ни в какое сравнение. Если вам интересно то я дам сравнение с деталями. Напишите если интересно, но краткий ответ что большая разница в звучании даже больше чем разница в цене.
I'd like to read it too.
You are welcome to post your impressions here

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2,211 of 3,403
Jun 3, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #2,213 of 3,403
Are you sure it is the *video* that's delayed?

I've since received word from the tech department that the video is being hardware decoded (whenever it is permitted to play, at all). On the other hand, there are currently delays in the audio circuit resulting in the sync problem. We are currently trying to minimize these delays without affecting audio quality in future updates. Of course, we need to know we're working in the right direction! (which we won't be, if it's the *video* not the *audio* that's delayed)
Right, it's the audio that is slightly off, i.e. for example lips are already moving and the sound of the voice plays slightly after. Sorry for the confusion.

Great if you try to reduce the latency. Can't wait for the next update(s).

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #2,214 of 3,403
I'm considering getting an rs8 to pair with my multiverse mentor. The best pairing tuning wise I have heard is the Cayin ru6 (I like that it smoothes out the mentor and adds a lot of emotions to the vocals) do you guys think the rs8 will have a similar synergy?

Also I am not a fan of eq but I read about the hiby eq which seems pretty easy to use, I was wondering if it's any good or not, also is it system wide?

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #2,215 of 3,403
I'm considering getting an rs8 to pair with my multiverse mentor. The best pairing tuning wise I have heard is the Cayin ru6 (I like that it smoothes out the mentor and adds a lot of emotions to the vocals) do you guys think the rs8 will have a similar synergy?

Also I am not a fan of eq but I read about the hiby eq which seems pretty easy to use, I was wondering if it's any good or not, also is it system wide?
It is systemwide. I'll leave others to tell you about how good or not it is instead of tooting our own horn 😉

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 4, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #2,216 of 3,403

I personally preferred RS8 less from all the DAPs while using Mentor - it sounded too boring to me.
N8ii and DX320 Max are much more engaging.

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #2,218 of 3,403

hyby music player has many sound features , and 2 eqs among these : one ordinary one based on parametric eq "MSEB" ; they work very well togheter , these are the best combined portable non-parametric eq thing out there to finely craft your audio experience and signature result, in my experience

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #2,219 of 3,403
I personally preferred RS8 less from all the DAPs while using Mentor - it sounded too boring to me.
N8ii and DX320 Max are much more engaging.
I loved the N8ii but the RS6 has also been one of my favorites for a long time. Was hoping the RS8 would actually sit a little bit in the middle between those two. 🍀

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #2,220 of 3,403
I'd wait synergy for he1000se ? drivers already dynamic and could benefit of the organic sound nature of the r2r presentation ?
curious on your finding
a different sound character , but I 'd not expect rs8 behind rs6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back