HiBy RS8 flagship Darwin R2R Android DAP -- Class A -- news and impressions thread
Jun 1, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #2,191 of 3,403
interesting. I just rechecked my settings,

how are the Meze Elite on the RS8? also, are they easier or harder to drive than the caldera's? I've been looking at these two headphones.
I am not seeing any change at all with Turbo on and off. any thoughts anyone?

Jun 1, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #2,192 of 3,403
I am not seeing any change at all with Turbo on and off. any thoughts anyone?
I do, even with iems. The sound becomes fuller and rounder immediately.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #2,193 of 3,403
interesting. I just rechecked my settings,

how are the Meze Elite on the RS8? also, are they easier or harder to drive than the caldera's? I've been looking at these two headphones.
The Elite have lower impedance and higher sensitivity than Caldera, and would thus anticipate are easier to drive. Caveat is that I have not tried them personally, defer to anyone who has.

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #2,194 of 3,403
Jun 2, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #2,195 of 3,403
I get your point about piracy, at least for apps like Netflix (which you cannot download from Google Play nor can you use the manually installed .apk because of a "Device not supported" message") or Disney+ app which you can install but once you start a video you only get a black screen.

Videos from Youtube/Tidal/Amazon Video on the other hand actually are replayed - so there is some kind of in-built video functionality.
The issue is that video & audio are out of sync, meaning during playback the video is slightly delayed.

Would be great if you can tell us if the RS8 will at some point have a better video replay - at least for those services that are available.

Are you sure it is the *video* that's delayed?

I've since received word from the tech department that the video is being hardware decoded (whenever it is permitted to play, at all). On the other hand, there are currently delays in the audio circuit resulting in the sync problem. We are currently trying to minimize these delays without affecting audio quality in future updates. Of course, we need to know we're working in the right direction! (which we won't be, if it's the *video* not the *audio* that's delayed)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 3, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #2,196 of 3,403
Finally after initially purchasing the RS8, then getting cold feet and cancelling it, only to re-order it I am extremely happy to see my new RS8 being sorted for delivery at the couriers last sorting station in our area. Bring it on... 🔥😍

Jun 3, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #2,197 of 3,403
Finally after initially purchasing the RS8, then getting cold feet and cancelling it, only to re-order it I am extremely happy to see my new RS8 being sorted for delivery at the couriers last sorting station in our area. Bring it on... 🔥😍
Looking forward to your impression. RS8 is certainly on my wish list, and would have bought it if I wasn't focusing on finally setting up a desktop station for myself. If you ever have a chance, please try it with Dita Perpetua.

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #2,198 of 3,403
я уже спрашивал об этом, и вот Meze Elite и Hiby RS8 не лучшая комбинация :
1. Что бы не писали в характеристиках наушников планарного звука от DAP не полноценный, им нужен запас мощности, а не просто наличие необходимого минимума (Fiio M17 тут отдельно ведь как бы гибрид стационарного и портативного решения).
2. Сам почерк звука - это дело вкуса, но и проблемы. Elite имеет спокойный звук, ровный, с теплыми тонами, очень вежливый, сам имеет слегка музыкальную мутноватость. ДЕТАЛЬНОСТЬ ЕСТЬ, НО ОНА НЕ КИДАЕТСЯ ТЕБЕ В ЛИЦО. Звук не тонкий.
Hiby RS8 имеет некоторые сходства со звуком, если это можно назвать. Я имею в виду особую подачу высокой R2R, ближе к эталонной плавности естественности с легким теплым оттенком, средними частотами и т.д. ДЕТАЛЬНОСТЬ ЕСТЬ, НО ОНА НЕ КИДАЕТСЯ ТЕБЕ В ЛИЦО. Звук не тонкий.
Имеется случай, что здесь нет прямого слияния противоположностей для вселенской гармонии, как Инь и Янь. Meze Elite выигрывает от ярких источников, таких как Fiio m17 и Cayin n8ii, исправляя себя из рождения. А вот Hiby RS8 больше подходит для тонких, суховатых наушников, требуется больший контроль высоких частот, меньше навязчивой детализации, раскрытие басовой полку.
Каждому своё, но я разочарован этой комбинацией, это был подарок на День Рождения. А вот я не любил Denon 9200 ( со всеми прошлыми источниками, хотел избавится) , но с появлением Hiby RS8, эти наушники раскрылись, так что больше нравятся чем примеру Focal Utopia.

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #2,199 of 3,403
Наконец, после предполагаемой покупки RS8, после прекращения и его отмены только для того, повторно возобновить его, я очень рад видеть, что мой новый RS8 сортируется для доставки на последней сортировочной станции курьера в нашем районе. Давай...🔥😍
Хотел бы вас попросить, после получения RS8 с HE1000SE. Я думаю будет интересная комбинация, но опять это планарный тип драйвера, который любит запас мощности для раскрытия всего своего потенциала.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #2,202 of 3,403
Хотел бы вас попросить, после получения RS8 с HE1000SE. Я думаю будет интересная комбинация, но опять это планарный тип драйвера, который любит запас мощности для раскрытия всего своего потенциала.
I am curious too. However, there are planars and planars. The HE1000se are relatively easy to drive and I already find them to deliver a very satisfactory performance on the RS6 and the Naim. The Elite are also relatively easy to drive, but I agree their tuning is somewhat polite in comparison to the HE1000se.. The Angled pads however do open up the Elite somewhat.

But in the end we'll just have to see how they sound when the RS8 is there... If not a good match it might end up finding its way to another owner... 😁

Jun 3, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #2,203 of 3,403
Looking forward to your impression. RS8 is certainly on my wish list, and would have bought it if I wasn't focusing on finally setting up a desktop station for myself. If you ever have a chance, please try it with Dita Perpetua.
My ear canals are fundamentally incompatible with IEMs. I have therefore become an over-ear guy full stop... So for an evaluation with the Dita Perpetua unfortunately you will need to look elsewhere :gs1000smile:

Jun 3, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #2,205 of 3,403
I am curious too. However, there are planars and planars. The HE1000se are relatively easy to drive and I already find them to deliver a very satisfactory performance on the RS6 and the Naim. The Elite are also relatively easy to drive, but I agree their tuning is somewhat polite in comparison to the HE1000se.. The Angled pads however do open up the Elite somewhat.

But in the end we'll just have to see how they sound when the RS8 is there... If not a good match it might end up finding its way to another owner... 😁
I have the wm1zm2 (Dap) and find to drive them definitely not far from their potential ( when compared to regular / desktop gears like burson violectric full size dac etc there's thing the one does better then the other and viceversa )
i am evaluating rs8 too just for compare , i will wait your impressions🖖

Users who are viewing this thread

Back